Hauptmann
Hauptmann
Danksagung erhalten: 8 Mal

Where can I find this or the ore?
badgesareus
Schicksalsknechter
Schicksalsknechter
Danksagung erhalten: 133 Mal

From Thalgard, look on the map to the east where there is a bay with some shipwrecks, there are deposits N & S sides of the bay. Also I sometimes can buy it from merchants (I don't know if it depends on your character level, crafting level, or what).
BigElectricCat
Sterndeuter
Sterndeuter
Danksagung erhalten: 16 Mal

"badgesareus" beat me to it! His is probably easiest way.

But if you want to level up and have some fun... : )

Only in my notes from another quest. Have you found "Destroyed Abbey?"
[+]
At Destroyed Abbey: find the place where skeletons are sitting on pews in front of an altar. Kill baddies & (random?) loot on the altar.

Turn west and look at arches/columns to your left (south.) Last one has thorium deposit partially hidden by grass. Beyond the deposit (and only reason it's in my notes) is a table with quest related book and (leveled?) skillbook.
badgesareus
Schicksalsknechter
Schicksalsknechter
Danksagung erhalten: 133 Mal

I just came across another thorium deposit in Frostwater Chasm (SE of Fortress Rockwatch).
edit: Found another in Deep Diggers Hollow Mine Diggers Luck.
edit: Found another deposit in Deep Diggers Hollow Supply Shaft (it is north of Agnod)
edit: Found 2 more in Old Hatolis (Summit Halls & Rock Pass)
edit: ingot in bank vault 1122
edit: deposit on the coast to the west of Agnod, behind an unnamed tower with a wild mage named Bardon (or something like that)
Zuletzt geändert von badgesareus am 14.09.2016 07:47, insgesamt 5-mal geändert.
rjdriver
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Thanks. I haven't found any of those locations yet. I assume Frostwater Chasm is in FrostCliff Tavern area, but haven't a clue about the other two. Can you advise where they are on the map or the origin of the quests that took you there.
Tamira
Sterndeuter
Sterndeuter
Danksagung erhalten: 52 Mal

I am just cleaning Old Yogosh (near the entrance to Silvergrove in the Powder Desert) and have already found two deposits of Thorium in there.
BigElectricCat
Sterndeuter
Sterndeuter

Just curious, but is thorium special in some way? Needed for crafting? Revisited Abbey to double check how to get there and found second deposit.

Meanwhile Tamira posted location that might be easier. Maybe thorium is quite common?

Anyway, since already did it, map & quick walkthrough if want to check it out.

Bild
[+]
Take a Myrad to Wellwatch Tower

Look east for a bridge across the stream and proceed up steps & through arch. Short walk & can't miss green crystals.

Find the Thalguard Residence Halls. Clear out six Sunborn and go north until you come to the last entrance to your left (west.)

Take out 3 more Sunborn. Turn left (south) and look for the Thalgard Key on the table. (You'll need this to get through an iron gate later.)

Now backtrack to the entrance. Facing north again, take the first left (west.) At an iron grid & the locked gate, turn right (north again.) Another thorium deposit and an Ice-claw.
However you find that thorium hope you have fun! :)
rjdriver
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

BigElectricCat hat geschrieben:
Just curious, but is thorium special in some way? Needed for crafting?

However you find that thorium hope you have fun! :)
Thorium is needed to craft upgrades to Aeterna weapons. Found my first one, a sword, in Duneville somewhere I think. It should have a nice damage to weight ratio when upgraded, but requires Glowing Thorium to do so. Since I am half Aeterna, I think its worth a shot.

Thanks for the nice map and for going to the trouble of a revisit for the detail. Very much appreciated.

EDIT: was following your path and saw no thorium, but happened on the Thalgard Crematorium and decided to detour inside. I came out at a settlemet atop a very high cliff near the bay and quickly learned that while I can handle 2-3 Sunborn at a time, I was definitely not equipped to deal with the dozen or more that descended on me all at once. Had to take a perilous rocky drop down the cliff side and ended up in the bay that badgesareus suggested I visit. Found the two deposits on the north and south sides and teleported back to Ark to turn my Aeterna sword exquisitie. Thanks to all for the help.
BigElectricCat
Sterndeuter
Sterndeuter

Glad it worked out for you.

And getting a surprise at their encampment and escaping with your life probably much more fun than, "Find this door, take a left, and the goodie is hidden in a basket" type thing! :)
rjdriver
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

BigElectricCat hat geschrieben:
Glad it worked out for you.

And getting a surprise at their encampment and escaping with your life probably much more fun than, "Find this door, take a left, and the goodie is hidden in a basket" type thing! :)

Tried following your path again. Still found no Thorium. But I did come out of the Abbey with a nice Aeterna sword with 11 points frost damage. A little less damage than my upgraded Aeterna sword, but the frost damage adds some bite to it.

I also increased my handicraft skill, and the local merchants now seem to be selling glowing thorium ore that I don't think was in their list before. Hmm.....
16 Beiträge Seite 1 von 2