Random Questions Observations So Far

Moderator: Moderatoren

12 Beiträge Seite 1 von 2
BigElectricCat
Sterndeuter
Sterndeuter
Danksagung erhalten: 16 Mal

Hi everyone,

Almost through except I keep haring off to go exploring.

Observations/Questions as they come to mind. Hope this makes sense. ; )

1.) Lighting. Enderal is very dark-- esp in water. I've had to toggle sky at times even with magelight or a torch. Nvidia GTX 960 (driver v. 10.18.13.5891)

2.) Launcher settings don't seem to 'take' - example, I can disable music & autosave. Doesn't matter. Soon as I enter a dungeon, or quest stage, game will autosave anyway, and there's the music again! I like the music. Composer did terrific job. Just don't want it cluing me in sometimes... Change of tune = "Uh oh... Time for combat!" Known issue?
[+]
Magic Symbols 13/100 at level 26 and I'm at the Starling city. Something tells me I'm going to end the game before 100. ; ) What (if anything) do players get if reach 100?
Edit:
[+]
Too much exploring? Noticed you can't swim around continent to reach a certain question objective. Collision plane/box blocks you. Also, on the map a sort of plateau... Can't get to it unless toggle clipping... Cheater! But seriously, this area unfinished for future expansion? Just didn't pan out?
thanks!
Casper
Erzmagistrat
Erzmagistrat
Danksagung erhalten: 6 Mal

answer #1.
i'm using a geforce titan x with recent drivers, i happen to think the lightning is fine.

#2. i've only messed with the ingame visual settings (which seem to work), so not sure what to tell you. (though the stock skyrim setting menus were always spotty)

#3. i've only ever found like 30 magic symbols in my playthrough, though i wasn't really looking for them.
badgesareus
Schicksalsknechter
Schicksalsknechter
Danksagung erhalten: 133 Mal

I've found about 65 magic symbols, even though I 've explored tirelessly. I've read somewhere that it would be virtually impossible to find them all without using the CK as some are places you would probably never go, and supposedly a few of them aren't accessible or bugged.
[+]
the place you can't swim to will be opened to you during the main quest.
BigElectricCat
Sterndeuter
Sterndeuter

Casper hat geschrieben:
answer #1.
i'm using a geforce titan x with recent drivers, i happen to think the lightning is fine.
Yes, if remember correctly, lighting was always tricky in Skyrim.

Maybe it's a memory or GPU issue then. I've only read one other 'plaint about graphics being almost black and that was from someone using an older laptop.

Anyway, a Titan X is six times the memory of a GTX-960? : 0 ! Probably faster GPU as well. You must have a nice system! Hope this isn't getting too OT, but what CPU & mobo did you pick?

badgesareus hat geschrieben:
I've found about 65 magic symbols, even though I 've explored tirelessly. I've read somewhere that it would be virtually impossible to find them all without using the CK as some are places you would probably never go, and supposedly a few of them aren't accessible or bugged.
Ah. Very informative. 65 eh? Wonder if players get a perk or skill boost if 100. Otherwise finding them gives a little ep. (Could probably dig around in CK to find out, but would spoil it.)

Thanks for tip about 'unfinished' place on map. Think that's where.... Well never mind. :)
Casper
Erzmagistrat
Erzmagistrat

CPU: 3.7gh i7
GPU: Titan X
Motherboard: intell c600/x79
Ram: 32gb
HD: 2.5tb SSD
Monitor: 4K uhd tv, 42in (note: this is almost too much tv for my video card, almost)

---edit
it's a little over a year old, my baby... i call her leviathan.
BigElectricCat
Sterndeuter
Sterndeuter

Casper hat geschrieben:
Monitor: 4K uhd tv, 42in (note: this is almost too much tv for my video card, almost)

it's a little over a year old, my baby... i call her leviathan.
42 inch! Woah! That must be nice. May I come over to your house and play? :mrgreen:

More questions:
[+]
MQ: How many game days waiting before the wizard/scholar deciphers map from Star City? Hopefully my game isn't stuck. Approx 3 game days so far & having fun clearing out quest book. I will get a message box for Flooded City, or go talk to him to achieve that objective & get things rolling again?
FAQ: Special Classes

Have filled out >10 'trees' for "Infiltrator" & "Trickster." I take it, no special class for Hunter / Ranger style class?

FAQ: Stats Key:

Since game relies on skill books, am not sure what this screen is for, or if it's been updated and older savegames can't be corrected.

A skill might read, "0 FFFFFF" and below it "Schwere Rustung verstarkt..." etc.

If skills upgraded by books, what's the purpose for it? Just curious.
Casper
Erzmagistrat
Erzmagistrat

regarding special classes i think the books only tell you what the combinations are, you can actually get a special class without one (as far as i know), as for how you get one, iirc, you need 10 skill points in different perks (or that's what i've heard, though it seems to be true), so putting 3 memory points into say ghostwalk only counts as one point in infiltrator. though i don't know what the specific combinations actually are, well other than:
[+]
Infiltrator + Sinistrope, Sinistrope + Keeper, Thaumaturge + Keeper, Blade Dancer + Vandal
though, i guess you could check the wiki

as to the old school skill menu (which is still accessible by hotkey), it's no longer used, it's been replaced by the hero menu, so the old skill tree is just leftover from vanilla skyrim.

---edit
as for my monitor, once i started using hd tvs they were almost too big; hover, now that i'm used to it, anything else is too small.
BigElectricCat
Sterndeuter
Sterndeuter

Yes, Infiltrator has at least 16 total memory points (tier I-III on two perks) & "Trickster" probably has 13. Maybe no special class if pick from same set of trees? (fighter/mage/thief) You have to pick 10 from two out of three these 'classes?' Who knows...

Anyway, finished MQ and was a bit surprised.

Final Cut-scene Question & Companions Question:
[+]
Probably been asked before, but is companion (who pops in for final battle against Machine-Guy Boss) based on replies to Calia & Jespar or...

Is Jespar meant to be the final voice as you float way?

Reason I ask is Jespar was a bit of a surprise. In game, msg kept saying "Jespar doesn't like that. Jespar is hurt by that, etc." Got less of those with Calia, but she seems to have been conveniently written off-- wounded at one point & found dying at beacon.

These two NPCs are Interchangeable for MQ ending? Yes or no?

---

Final thoughts. Terrific! Almost ran out of arrows and final battle... If I'm actually leaning in my chair while dodging missiles, or trying to peer around the monitor for a better view... That's immersion!
Although I've already said so (and even donated) thanks again guys. Bang up job! :thumbsup:
Makesin
Stadtwache
Stadtwache
Danksagung erhalten: 9 Mal

[+]
Yes, the final companion is based on which one likes you better. And apparently there's also an option of no companion showing up at all, though I haven't seen anyone who had that ending yet.
BigElectricCat
Sterndeuter
Sterndeuter

Thanks. Kind of ironic that the one who got on my nerves the most was there to tell me what I was supposed to be doing. ; )

Anyone encounter clipping or "swimming / hovering" in air issues after cutscenes? Fortunately, another member here suggested "player.resurrect" and it worked. Just curious if known issue.
12 Beiträge Seite 1 von 2