Moderator: Moderatoren

12 Beiträge Seite 1 von 2
Arctiq
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

I'm at the part in the story where you have to
[+]
insert yourself into a dead man's memories
and you have to fight off like 20 enemies. It doesn't make sense that you're not invincible during this part. There was also no warning of this so I couldn't prepare myself. My character is a mage who's best spell is summon sword rank II. It's basically impossible to fight off that many enemies by yourself without turning on god mode.
[+]
Why couldn't we also transform into the person of the dream? Equipment and all? At the end of the dream, it actually equips a claymore for you when you're limping away. (And for some reason you still have the claymore when you leave the dream)
It makes no sense.
badgesareus
Schicksalsknechter
Schicksalsknechter
Danksagung erhalten: 133 Mal

It doesn't make sense that you're not invincible during this part.
It's a fantasy game, it doesn't have to make sense. It is annoying, however, to get your butt kicked in a dream -- took me 3 tries to get through it. I'm just wondering if you played Witcher 3, as something similar happens there several times where you relive what happened to the girl and you can die during that time when you are playing the girl.
Arctiq
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

They should at least make it so that you're super powerful as the guy in the dream. Fighting that many enemies with no break is unfair.

I also have not played Witcher 3 yet. I'm waiting till I get my RX 480 since I get 15 FPS in that game (pre-ordered it in July...).
Selhan
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

Yeah, especially as you know that you will die either way and you already have what you came for. And how comes it cost me all my health potions and ambrosia if it's just a dream?
badgesareus
Schicksalsknechter
Schicksalsknechter

I've read a number of fantasy books (such as Robert Jordan's "Wheel of Time" series) where if one dies in a dream they die in real life, so it is not a novel concept. "Fairness" is a rather subjective issue. Someone who has completed a number of side quests and reaches this quest at a higher level might breeze through it and would think it quite fair. I might not have thought it was fair when I was at level 5 running away from a crazy wild mage and ran smack into a dragon, but hey, that's how it goes.
DevilSauron
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

I just turned godmode on, like I did in some other parts of the story. I am not ashamed, as I am playing it mainly for the story and not for restarting due to death (it's just not entertaining for me, but I understand that some like the feeling of killing a boss after 5 tries). :thumbsup:
badgesareus
Schicksalsknechter
Schicksalsknechter

What level of difficulty are you guys playing on? If you are playing on "adept" (normal) you could try switching it to Easy and see if that works for you, and switch it back to normal after the tricky part.
Selhan
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

What? But you die either way, that's kinda the point
simtam
Bettler
Bettler
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

That island is large enough to go full Rambo First Blood, if you've seen that movie. Of course it's good to be prepared. Magelight can be used to misdirect foes, for instance.

Really, playing the sneaky summoner on the iron path difficulty, the first time the main story fight really required either console cheating or serious preparation was after the warning message "accepting this quest leads straight to finale of the story", which is quite far in the main quest chain.
yourdadhasadeepvoice
Schurke
Schurke
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

The hardest part of the memory was the lightning mage during the final wave he killed me about 3 times and i only died 3 times so yeah hes kind of op
12 Beiträge Seite 1 von 2