Stronger potions and enchantments

Moderator: Moderatoren

11 Beiträge Seite 1 von 2
fefejooj
Krieger
Krieger
Danksagung erhalten: 6 Mal

How to achieve them? Reading all those books doesn't seem to do any difference because I can only craft 3hp potion and some weak poisons.

The same goes for enchanting, I have 30 enchanting skill and all I can do is weak enchantments such as 4 stamina drain enchantments even with a strong soul gem.

EDIT: Also, is there a way to improve enchanted items on grinding stones and workbench?
Stampfer
Ritter
Ritter
Danksagung erhalten: 20 Mal

Crafting is generally a bit sucky right now. Increasing alchemy or enchanting doesn't really do that much of a difference. I saw a video where a guy explained that with 100 alchemy you can only craft 5 hp per second potions instead of 3 (but okay, at least you don't get arcane fever from those potions). The talents from the skill trees often result in just the same improvements with far less effort. People have also reported that items you enchant yourself will never be as good as the ones you can find which in my opinion makes the whole thing a bit questionable. The biggest advantage is probably that you can enchant your self-crafted items. Because enchanted items cannot be improved anymore while items that had been improved before the enchantment are still viable for that option (or so I read somewhere). And self-crafted weapons are usually better than what you can find in the game (unlike armor).
fefejooj
Krieger
Krieger

Well, that's odd, I hope that sureAI balances this aspect of the game. Alchemy and enchanting are pretty much useless and waste of time and crafting points right now since the results will always be the same, unlike what's advertised in loading screens.

EDIT: Alchemy went from something quite OP in skyrim to something useless in enderal, there is no use on grinding alchemy if we won't be able to make a potion stronger than (or with the same power as) the ones we find in dungeons.

It kinda feels like a Vanilla WoW lv 60 troll relying on his 5hp regen passive :(
Stampfer
Ritter
Ritter
Danksagung erhalten: 20 Mal

I believe that you can just drink a few potions at once to make up for these low values. The regen buff seem to stack.
Plectrius
Schurke
Schurke

As it is, these 2 skills are not very interesting, basically you need to master enchanting and alchemy to only be able to reproduce enchantments and potions you find, I think these skills should have been integrated in their respective tree disciplines: enchanting/mage, alchemy/rogue, armorer/fighter...
fefejooj
Krieger
Krieger

Other than the paralisys and slow poisons, I don't feel like using the alchemy table at all, it's too useless, it doesn't follows the pace of the game. We should be able to make something at least slightly stronger than what we find in the first dungeons of the game at ~35 skill points to feel that we aren't wasting crafting points and time in something that won't be useful while leveling such as Heavy armor and Two-handed skills are, but instead of that, we can only brew the same potions we do with 15 skill points. The same applies to Enchanting.

What Skyrim had regarding alchemy was something ridiculously overpowered and gamebreaking before reaching the 100 skill, I could create 350% two-handed damage bonus, but it is quite useless in Enderal, saving for the crowd control poisons (when they work).

What boggles me is that alchemy is something advertised as useful and crucial for higher difficulty levels, meaning that it was actually worthy the craft points and time spent on raising the skill, but a 3 hp regen potion and 3 damage poison won't help me against well-geared opponents that might kill me in a blink of eye (or even one hit-kill me) if I face 2 of them..

I hope SureAI adress this issue because professions is a cool part of a rpg game I like to invest on, but I feel like wasting my time when there is no change at all after investing so much time and skill points on it, it makes me think that I will raise the HP from my pots from 3hp/s to 6hp/s once I reach 100 skill potions.

Excluding handicrafting, I wonder if those skillbooks are useful at all, they don't seem to have any description about what they do or any noticeable effect on the character at all.
Plectrius
Schurke
Schurke

fefejooj hat geschrieben:
Other than the paralisys and slow poisons, I don't feel like using the alchemy table at all, it's too useless, it doesn't follows the pace of the game. We should be able to make something at least slightly stronger than what we find in the first dungeons of the game at ~35 skill points to feel that we aren't wasting crafting points and time in something that won't be useful while leveling such as Heavy armor and Two-handed skills are, but instead of that, we can only brew the same potions we do with 15 skill points. The same applies to Enchanting.

What Skyrim had regarding alchemy was something ridiculously overpowered and gamebreaking before reaching the 100 skill, I could create 350% two-handed damage bonus, but it is quite useless in Enderal, saving for the crowd control poisons (when they work).

What boggles me is that alchemy is something advertised as useful and crucial for higher difficulty levels, meaning that it was actually worthy the craft points and time spent on raising the skill, but a 3 hp regen potion and 3 damage poison won't help me against well-geared opponents that might kill me in a blink of eye (or even one hit-kill me) if I face 2 of them..

I hope SureAI adress this issue because professions is a cool part of a rpg game I like to invest on, but I feel like wasting my time when there is no change at all after investing so much time and skill points on it, it makes me think that I will raise the HP from my pots from 3hp/s to 6hp/s once I reach 100 skill potions.

Excluding handicrafting, I wonder if those skillbooks are useful at all, they don't seem to have any description about what they do or any noticeable effect on the character at all.
I think they tried to balance the carfting system which has been broken since the first TES games. They've probably done something a little bit drastic with alchemy/enchanting. A solution would have been a dedicated perk trees which you need to massively invest on to unlock the full potential of the skill. The good news is the crafting points are independent from learning points.

What do you mean about skillbooks? Each book increases it corresponding skill by one point as long as you have enough learning points.
fefejooj
Krieger
Krieger

Regarding skillbooks, they should explain what each skill specifically does rather than leaving them unexplained. I want to put some points in Psionics to make it affect higher level enemies, but I don't know whether this is what I'll get from it because there is no description neither in the book nor in the stats panel.
yatol
Krieger
Krieger
Danksagung erhalten: 3 Mal

Plectrius hat geschrieben:
I think they tried to balance the carfting system which has been broken since the first TES games. They've probably done something a little bit drastic with alchemy/enchanting.
handcrafting is useless because there's no constructible object for the custom items, and you can no longer get the perk required to temper enchanted items

enchanting is useless because you can no longer have the perks required to allow you to make enchants as strong as the ones you find in game (there's the global value for the bonus per gain gain too, didn't check that)

alchemy is useless for the same reason
that thing is too strong in skyrim because of those stupid alchemy enchants and potions
and it create a huge mess in your inventory

have edit a mod replace that thing by creating composants from ingredients to craft potions
here's what it look like in enderal
didn't bother making constructible objects that had sense, and most potions you drink in enderal are custom ones (don't know why they didn't edit them instead of creating new ones, there isn't much, and there's some vanilla potions in enderal)
Dateianhänge
72850_20161006081751_1.jpg
72850_20161006081741_1.jpg
ninjamelody
Schwertmeister
Schwertmeister
Danksagung erhalten: 7 Mal

Alchemy and enchanting is useless.

But Handicraft is useful up to level 50, crafted items are significanly better than other things. But the next step for improving increment is level 80 with unlocking the magic backpack. Meh.
11 Beiträge Seite 1 von 2