English Version delayed!!

Moderator: Moderatoren

76 Beiträge Seite 4 von 8
irmi
Hauptmann
Hauptmann
Danksagung erhalten: 14 Mal

Eolath hat geschrieben:
Not adept enough apparently, when I kept encountering words I just didn't know the meaning of I gave up. :roll: It's not like you can pause the game between lines to reread the sentence several times.
If you open the console during a conversation, will you still see the subtitles? I'm going to check that later. It definitely stops the convo and resumes it at the point where you've hit the ^.

But I completely agree with the complexity! Some stuff isn't easy digestible and a lot of things will only unfold during the end game (and some not even then). At some points during the game I was like WTF?!

I loved it :D .
Principe Alessandro
Stadtwache
Stadtwache

sphanlon hat geschrieben:
Principe Alessandro hat geschrieben:
Well I always thought that the English voice acting was only going to prolong the release and put even more work hours to the developers.

I praise the commitment of the modders but at the same time I really dislike those players that supported the english voice acting version of Enderal, couldn't they just accept to play with a German voice acting and English subbed version like the good old Nehrim?
Well, I really was looking forward to it. So I guess I'm one of those people that you terribly dislike for such a great reason. Stay classy.

The german with english subtitle crowd has been pretty smug. Always telling SureaI to scrap the EV and not waste their time on such blasphemy. Well, there are many who loved the idea. Sorry I won't be playing it as God intended, apparently.
German voice acting is simply better, hands down about this, simply speaking I couldn't understand why the modders had to invest time and work hours on the english voice acting when an english subbed version is good as well in understanding the meaning of what game characters are saying and at the same time it retains the perfectly fitted sound of the german voice acting.

Though nothing personal, I guess that after all people have their own preferences.
Xagul
Schattengott
Schattengott
Danksagung erhalten: 67 Mal

German voice acting is simply better, hands down about this, simply speaking I couldn't understand why the modders had to invest time and work hours on the english voice acting when an english subbed version is good as well in understanding the meaning of what game characters are saying and at the same time it retains the perfectly fitted sound of the german voice acting.

Though nothing personal, I guess that after all people have their own preferences.
You don't understand, maybe that's the point: This project is a reference work by guys who started simply modding an ended up with becoming professionals. What do you think, will impress companies like Bethesda (just to name an example)? A well done German TC or a well-designed project that was able to satisfy the big crowd of English-speaking folks? While at the same time being able to gather native speakers to translate texts/scripts and, just to make it square, find speakers?

Face it: This project is not just about making a satisfying game for the community in one's spare time. It is a project showing that they're able to run a project. And this is the very reason why orientating to low-level ("english subbed version is good as well in understanding the meaning of what game characters are saying and at the same time it retains the perfectly fitted sound of the german voice acting" ) was not an option.
Hazzmat
Magier
Magier
Danksagung erhalten: 15 Mal

Xagul hat geschrieben:

You don't understand, maybe that's the point: This project is a reference work by guys who started simply modding an ended up with becoming professionals. What do you think, will impress companies like Bethesda (just to name an example)? A well done German TC or a well-designed project that was able to satisfy the big crowd of English-speaking folks? While at the same time being able to gather native speakers to translate texts/scripts and, just to make it square, find speakers?

Face it: This project is not just about making a satisfying game for the community in one's spare time. It is a project showing that they're able to run a project. And this is the very reason why orientating to low-level ("english subbed version is good as well in understanding the meaning of what game characters are saying and at the same time it retains the perfectly fitted sound of the german voice acting" ) was not an option.
Why would you call that low level though. So many works are in foreign spoken languages. People watch anime, movies and read books in other languages. These works are still praised it doesn't matter if it has been dubbed. For example a foreign made movie with subtitles you could enjoy just as much with subtitles why would you then call it low level because it isn't spoken in the language you're comfortable in? Heck you get immersed even more in it. What you say simply doesn't make sense. Some people enjoy subbed anime, others dubbed, the options are there you can choose. Here they chose for us and assumed nobody wants or would appreciate a german speaking Enderal and it's funny because they considered it a while back but then suddenly dropped it.
badgesareus
Schicksalsknechter
Schicksalsknechter
Danksagung erhalten: 133 Mal

SureAI wanted to show that it could do a project to the extent that they might attract potential investors, so they could become a full-time for-profit developer. If Project Red would have made Witcher 3 only in spoken Polish with just English subtitles, do think its sales would have reached the millions that it did?

Here is another thought. What if SureAI did release the German version with English subs. There would then be thousands, or maybe even 10s of thousands who start to play it. And they would all be using the English forum. How many would have problems installing, starting, etc? How many would be reporting bugs that weren't actually bugs, or those that had already been reported in the German forum? How many would want quest help, etc.? And who would be answering all those questions, when SureAI already has their hands full fixing bugs that have been reported in the German forum, fixing crashes, etc., as well as finishing the EV for those many souls who want it?
Caleb8980
Enderal Team
Enderal Team
Weltenwandeler
Weltenwandeler
Danksagung erhalten: 138 Mal

Hazzmat hat geschrieben:
Here they chose for us and assumed nobody wants or would appreciate a german speaking Enderal and it's funny because they considered it a while back but then suddenly dropped it.
The amount of prejudice in that sentence alone is stunning.

I sure hope that you are writing this to every single AAA release ever - because they do not give you a German release with English subtitles, but instead only a suboptimal English voiced release.

And please, don't give me that crap about a simultanous release - it was clear from the beginning that we cannot release both versions at the same time; we have neither the server power, nor the manpower to do so.

But ok, let's talk about the german version with English subtitles; I will list up all of the problems this version has and you can decide if you really would want that release to go public with these (and I when I write public, I mean all people in the world, not just you or a selected few from this forum):

1. The server: Yes, we cannot support 3 different versions with our servers, actually we rented some servers just so that we could/can manage the english and the German release - and we are still very concerned about our patch sizes, hence most of the german bards could only be released some weeks after the german release - not because they weren't ready earlier, but because a 450MB Update coupled with a good amount of release pack downloads would have killed our servers!

2. The whole software infrastructure: A third version would take a third launcher and a third update process - this does not only hit the ceiling of our servers, but also of our manpower. If you pull out the testers/sounddesigners we currently are a great team of 8 people, tell me how you would make the infrastructure and keep it running with these numbers?

So then why don't we just use the German launcher and its update process? Well for one this would be really idiotic with the German interface, but ok let's say we would release just an english version of the German launcher and keep everything else the same.

Each Update would revert the entirety of Enderal back into german - you would need to manually patch every single Update to keep the English language. So once more, do you think all the people in the world (minus German speaking countries) would have the ability, patience and interest to update that? When the German speakers already have a huge amount of absolutely dumb problems arising from stupid things they did?

3. A problem arising from the EV version: I already said that before but around 40% of all subtitles in the EV are misplaced if you play with them in a german dub version. This would actually mean that I would have to manually move all of these to their right position, translate german sentences which are not there anymore in the EV and then check the english subs for things which were not said in the german version at all!
This would not be just a month of work, it would take around 2-3 months just to have a result one at least dares to play with.

4. You think that you are the total vocal majority (meaning there are more players in here that would play with a German version with English subs than those who only play an English dubbed version) - but no, you are the vocal majority here in this forum, the comments underneath the (German) launch trailer spoke of something entirely different.
We were asked why we released Enderal in German language (sometimes even called N**i language, and yes directly in the comments of that video) as they would not play such a version, even with English subs.

And wherever you look there is a good amount of people who actually would not play a German version with English subs and because of that also never played Nehrim. Tell me - why is that a good thing? Why should we release it only in German with English subs if that drastically lessens our reach?

I have told you this before in the Youtube comments underneath the Launch Trailer and I'll tell it to you once more here:

You are not the least bit concerned about us or about the English version as a whole, you act out of pure self-interest and try to hide it behind some nonsensical points. You only care about how fast YOU can play an English version and don't care about anyone else.

I am honestly fed up with the crap in here: I am awake until 2 or 3 A.M. each single day for the EV (Marvin even longer), my sleeping time amounts to a bit more than 5 hours and I have to work from 9 in the morning to 8 in the evening everyday (holidays and weekend included!). But I am nevertheless happy to be of help for SureAI, who are a bit like my personal heroes.
I am doing the EV not out of obligation nor because I receive any sort of advantage for myself. I am doing it because I can help these guys and I am doing it for you, the English speaking crowd - just as I also did that Q&A in here; I've done it for you, because I personally think that you are just as important as the German speaking people.

Hence it pains me to no end to read all of these accusations about how the EV is not important for us at all - yes, not everything worked out as planned, but when it does? Honestly I catch myself asking myself about why I am even doing this more and more - no I won't stop, as that is the worst option and because I care far too much about the EV for that.
But I surely won't stand by idly if anybody spreads false rumours about the EV - I will erase troll posts, I will warn posters of such texts and I will also ban them if necessary.
Guar Kamole
Schurke
Schurke
Danksagung erhalten: 2 Mal

Eolath hat geschrieben:
Alzucard hat geschrieben:
if it comes to war i bet Russia wins ;)
I doubt it, Russia doesn't even have the capacity nor the economy to win a war VS the EU, let alone the US. They're bogged down as it is in Syria and losing material every single day.
But if war should break out we're going over to Lizz's place, hole up, play the shit out of Enderal and wait for all this to blow over.
Eolath
Paladin
Paladin
Danksagung erhalten: 5 Mal

Guar Kamole hat geschrieben:
Eolath hat geschrieben:
Alzucard hat geschrieben:
if it comes to war i bet Russia wins ;)
I doubt it, Russia doesn't even have the capacity nor the economy to win a war VS the EU, let alone the US. They're bogged down as it is in Syria and losing material every single day.
But if war should break out we're going over to Lizz's place, hole up, play the shit out of Enderal and wait for all this to blow over.
I f*ckin love that movie :D

Xagul
Schattengott
Schattengott
Danksagung erhalten: 67 Mal

Eolath hat geschrieben:
I f*ckin love that movie :D
Me too! Therefore, from time to time it's good to have this:
to get through a tough day at the office :mrgreen:
Eolath
Paladin
Paladin
Danksagung erhalten: 5 Mal

Xagul hat geschrieben:
Me too! Therefore, from time to time it's good to have this:
to get through a tough day at the office :mrgreen:
Sounds like Caleb needs it more than me, honestly. I cannot imagine working 70 hrs/week every single week, 50 hrs already tires me out and I work that much far from every week :oops:
Caleb8980 hat geschrieben:
I am honestly fed up with the crap in here: I am awake until 2 or 3 A.M. each single day for the EV (Marvin even longer), my sleeping time amounts to a bit more than 5 hours and I have to work from 9 in the morning to 8 in the evening everyday (holidays and weekend included!). But I am nevertheless happy to be of help for SureAI, who are a bit like my personal heroes.
I am doing the EV not out of obligation nor because I receive any sort of advantage for myself. I am doing it because I can help these guys and I am doing it for you, the English speaking crowd - just as I also did that Q&A in here; I've done it for you, because I personally think that you are just as important as the German speaking people.
What work do you do, if I may ask? Investment banker or something? Or God forbid game development, I hear people clock a shitload of hours into that profession, although most of the time not over the weekends.
76 Beiträge Seite 4 von 8