English Version delayed!!

Moderator: Moderatoren

76 Beiträge Seite 3 von 8
Alzucard
Ordenskrieger
Ordenskrieger
Danksagung erhalten: 60 Mal

FanFanStef hat geschrieben:
Knowing German would improve my earnings a lot, yet I am 35 and never bothered to learn it. Now it seems I was awfully wrong :sick:
Learn Mandarin its the language for the future :p
Or russian ;)
Xagul
Schattengott
Schattengott
Danksagung erhalten: 67 Mal

Alzucard hat geschrieben:
FanFanStef hat geschrieben:
Knowing German would improve my earnings a lot, yet I am 35 and never bothered to learn it. Now it seems I was awfully wrong :sick:
Learn Mandarin its the language for the future :p
Or russian ;)
Little bit off-topic, but it's comparing apples and oranges. While Chinese is a syllabic language and works with a vast system of characters, Russian is a very logic language and uses an alphabet (which after all is not to far away from the Latin alphabet). Sorry for being such a weisenheimer but somebody has to state the obvious ;)
Alzucard
Ordenskrieger
Ordenskrieger

I just meant that Russian and mandarin could become the new World language. Mandarin isnt far behind English.
And russian. I like Russia much more than America and if it comes to war i bet Russia wins ;)
badgesareus
Schicksalsknechter
Schicksalsknechter
Danksagung erhalten: 133 Mal

if it comes to war i bet Russia wins
With the thousands of nuclear weapons each side has, there would be no winners at all, the whole world would be losers; well, except for cockroaches who would survive anything. Everyone would become a glowing blue "lost soul" as found throughout Enderal!

Note that English is widely taught in China, in many cases from Kindergarten on and required in some high schools. Especially schools in south China are emphasizing English so they can compete more effectively with Hong Kong. Also, while there are many millions of Chinese around the world, many of those families are originally from south China and Cantonese is much more widespread than Mandarin among those.
Eolath
Paladin
Paladin
Danksagung erhalten: 5 Mal

Alzucard hat geschrieben:
if it comes to war i bet Russia wins ;)
I doubt it, Russia doesn't even have the capacity nor the economy to win a war VS the EU, let alone the US. They're bogged down as it is in Syria and losing material every single day.

As for languages, German is by far easier to learn for English speaking folk than any Oriental language. The problem is that the German used in Enderal is often far above beginners level or simple conversational German.
Xagul
Schattengott
Schattengott

Eolath hat geschrieben:
The problem is that the German used in Enderal is often far above beginners level or simple conversational German.
Hey, tell me about it! I translated a few of the ingame books/notes for the EV and sometimes it was challenging, to say the least. I really learned a lot from that episode :)
Alzucard
Ordenskrieger
Ordenskrieger

u cant win a war without fuil.
Eolath
Paladin
Paladin
Danksagung erhalten: 5 Mal

Xagul hat geschrieben:
Eolath hat geschrieben:
The problem is that the German used in Enderal is often far above beginners level or simple conversational German.
Hey, tell me about it! I translated a few of the ingame books/notes for the EV and sometimes it was challenging, to say the least. I really learned a lot from that episode :)
Yeah, I really went through the experience myself as well. I figured I'd be able to play Enderal on release no problem as I'm adept at conversational German.

Not adept enough apparently, when I kept encountering words I just didn't know the meaning of I gave up. :roll: It's not like you can pause the game between lines to reread the sentence several times.
Xagul
Schattengott
Schattengott

Eolath hat geschrieben:
Xagul hat geschrieben:
Not adept enough apparently, when I kept encountering words I just didn't know the meaning of I gave up. :roll: It's not like you can pause the game between lines to reread the sentence several times.
I made the same experience recently when I had to realize that my Thai skills are not good enough to understand my mother-in-law :roll: Same here: No chance to stop her in the middle of a sentence an reiterate :mrgreen:

As you already played the GV to some extent, I hope the EV will be a satisfying event for you :)
Stampfer
Ritter
Ritter
Danksagung erhalten: 20 Mal

Eolath hat geschrieben:
I figured I'd be able to play Enderal on release no problem as I'm adept at conversational German.

The funny thing is that we're so used to consuming products here that were originally made in English and then translated (German movie productions for example are god awful and so anything worthwhile usually comes from abroad) that we were totally overwhelmed by the quality delivered by the SureAI texts and their voice actors. I guess the beauty the game delivers also partially stems from the complexity of the language that is otherwise often lost in the translation process.
76 Beiträge Seite 3 von 8