English Version delayed!!

Moderator: Moderatoren

76 Beiträge Seite 2 von 8
badgesareus
Schicksalsknechter
Schicksalsknechter
Danksagung erhalten: 133 Mal

It seems to me most of the angst expressed by those who wish the German version were available with English subs stems from the slight delay in the release date. If memory serves, the release of Witcher 3 was delayed by more than half a year. Almost all of the RPGs from the major studios have been released late, and they typically have a hundred or more devs working on them full-time in a paid status; SureAI only has a handful of devs working unpaid during their "free" time, so a bit of patience and understanding is necessary.

If you just can't wait any longer, then play the German version. I only know a few dozen common words in German, like ice, fire, empty, shovel, etc., but I've been playing since it came out, exploring and doing everything except the main quest. At level 72, still about 20 side quests still left to do (that I know of). Often I don't understand the dialog and text, but "trial and error" (especially "error"), works for me. I'm having a great time while waiting for the EV.
[+]
And I FINALLY killed the damn dragon!

Here is one thing I do that helps. (I use Firefox for my browser.) I open the German Enderal forum, and I open another tab with translate.google. When I play the game, I might have a question about a quest in my journal, or a location, etc. So I make a note of the name in German. Then I can go to the German forum and search for that name. I can easily copy and paste the results into the google.translate box on the other browser tab, and get some idea (usually) of what I want to know. Translate.google doesn't do too well German to English, but with some educated guesses I can figure it out, more often than not.

This takes some time and effort, but if you don't want to expend time and effort yourself, then just wait patiently rather then telling others how to spend their time and effort to give you something for free. Well, I'll get off my soapbox now. Regards.
Zuletzt geändert von badgesareus am 30.07.2016 20:05, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
DirtyD
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

Does english subtitles mod exists? Boi I can't wait to play it, I liked Nehrim so much.
Xagul
Schattengott
Schattengott
Danksagung erhalten: 67 Mal

DirtyD hat geschrieben:
Does english subtitles mod exists? Boi I can't wait to play it, I liked Nehrim so much.
Unless you did not build one alreay, it does not (though I don't know if there is something in progress already). If you really can't wait, badgesareus described a quite good way to play without subs.
Mufunka
Bettler
Bettler

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the English subs for Nehrim release quite a bit later than the original release?

I found Nehrim shortly after it was done with the final patch so I'm not sure. Just a bit more patience and we'll be able to experience this how they intended.
kumikaze47
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

for first start am waiting for so long and now am wait fot english version :D
any update?
Principe Alessandro
Stadtwache
Stadtwache

Well I always thought that the English voice acting was only going to prolong the release and put even more work hours to the developers.

I praise the commitment of the modders but at the same time I really dislike those players that supported the english voice acting version of Enderal, couldn't they just accept to play with a German voice acting and English subbed version like the good old Nehrim?
Ravensblade
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

This is a perfectly legit reason. I am wondering though, is there any estimate how long this'll take? And aside from that, you might want to temporarily remove the english section from the download page
sphanlon
Krieger
Krieger
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

Principe Alessandro hat geschrieben:
Well I always thought that the English voice acting was only going to prolong the release and put even more work hours to the developers.

I praise the commitment of the modders but at the same time I really dislike those players that supported the english voice acting version of Enderal, couldn't they just accept to play with a German voice acting and English subbed version like the good old Nehrim?
Well, I really was looking forward to it. So I guess I'm one of those people that you terribly dislike for such a great reason. Stay classy.

The german with english subtitle crowd has been pretty smug. Always telling SureaI to scrap the EV and not waste their time on such blasphemy. Well, there are many who loved the idea. Sorry I won't be playing it as God intended, apparently.
Eolath
Paladin
Paladin
Danksagung erhalten: 5 Mal

Mufunka hat geschrieben:
Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the English subs for Nehrim release quite a bit later than the original release?

I found Nehrim shortly after it was done with the final patch so I'm not sure. Just a bit more patience and we'll be able to experience this how they intended.
2-3 months later, yeah. SureAI also delayed the Nehrim English patch once, if I remember correctly.

Although EV Enderal has been delayed twice so far (Mid July - > End of July - > Mid August), it's all due to the same issue and the delays have been relatively short (2 weeks every time).
Xagul
Schattengott
Schattengott
Danksagung erhalten: 67 Mal

There is a comment on that topic on the SureAI Facebook page, anticipating a release betwwen today an 15 August.
76 Beiträge Seite 2 von 8