English Version delayed!!

Moderator: Moderatoren

76 Beiträge Seite 6 von 8
democrite
Schurke
Schurke
Danksagung erhalten: 2 Mal

Maybe a short update: I have matched all the english dialoques to the scenes by now and I am currently fixing the missing voices I have found during my playthrough

best new of the day, so the messiah is close to come, alleluiah :)
dolk
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

Caleb,

I made an account just to say, thank you. I have been a fan of SureAI since Nehrim. I'm looking forward to the new game, and will wait patiently for it. Because I know it will be worth it.

Thanks.
Thanakil
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

Even tho I was a bit sad to see it delayed, I'm very happy and grateful that this mod exists at all.
I look forward to playing it, as it already seems like everyone involved did a great job.
Xagul
Schattengott
Schattengott
Danksagung erhalten: 67 Mal

Hazzmat hat geschrieben:
Wow. Insulting people like a little kid for stating what they think. Nice going buddy!
Where exactly was the insult? I could not find any. In addition: for "just my opinion" you obiously had your problems with expressing it. Sounded to me much like you're demanding something and in this case: We reap what we sow.
Caleb8980
Enderal Team
Enderal Team
Weltenwandeler
Weltenwandeler
Danksagung erhalten: 138 Mal

Hazzmat hat geschrieben:
Wow. Insulting people like a little kid for stating what they think. Nice going buddy!
Yeah no, I didn't insult you - I merely stated what I think.

Where did I refer to you in my post? These are the 2 main parts:

1st.
The amount of prejudice in that sentence alone is stunning.

I sure hope that you are writing this to every single AAA release ever - because they do not give you a German release with English subtitles, but instead only a suboptimal English voiced release.

And please, don't give me that crap about a simultanous release - it was clear from the beginning that we cannot release both versions at the same time; we have neither the server power, nor the manpower to do so.
Where is the insult to you? The "prejudice"?
Some people enjoy subbed anime, others dubbed, the options are there you can choose. Here they chose for us and assumed nobody wants or would appreciate a german speaking Enderal and it's funny because they considered it a while back but then suddenly dropped it.
Well - what else would you call "Here they chose for us and assumed nobody wants or would appreciate a german speaking Enderal"?

We did not assume anything, hence I gave you that long, long explanation of our thought process. The decision was made after much thinking and certainly not just along the way.

Just for clarification:
Definition of prejudice: Prejudice is prejudgment, or forming an opinion before becoming aware of the relevant facts of a case.

As you didn't know anything about the so called revelant facts, you were prejudiced, as simple as that.

2nd.
I have told you this before in the Youtube comments underneath the Launch Trailer and I'll tell it to you once more here:

You are not the least bit concerned about us or about the English version as a whole, you act out of pure self-interest and try to hide it behind some nonsensical points. You only care about how fast YOU can play an English version and don't care about anyone else.
So let me once more quote what you wrote:
Some people enjoy subbed anime, others dubbed, the options are there you can choose. Here they chose for us and assumed nobody wants or would appreciate a german speaking Enderal and it's funny because they considered it a while back but then suddenly dropped it.
This is not just a prejudice but more:

"Here they chose for us" - You say that as if it was a scandal.

And this is where you are really selfish - and this is also the reason why I asked you if you write that to every AAA release ever.

Where did we choose anything for you? Or better said: when was the choice yours? Are suddenly the players deciding in which language any given game releases?

My whole beef with you is exactly that - you put yourself into the role of a victim, so that we are the bad guys - whether or not you do that consciously doesn't really matter, but saying such things is rather cruel and just not the truth.

Yes, my post was aggressive, but not to the point of baselessly insulting you or anybody else - as I said above, I merely stated what I think. If you feel honestly insulted then I am sorry - but I won't back down from my opinion of you.
Caleb8980
Enderal Team
Enderal Team
Weltenwandeler
Weltenwandeler
Danksagung erhalten: 138 Mal

Eolath hat geschrieben:

What work do you do, if I may ask? Investment banker or something? Or God forbid game development, I hear people clock a shitload of hours into that profession, although most of the time not over the weekends.
Sorry for the double post but that did not really belong in the other post.

My family (4 people) runs a (rather small) hotel with 15 rooms - we have many bookings each week, the occupancy rate is over 80% and as such our workload is huge.

Apart from 2 cleaners we do everything alone, until last year my dad also worked in a company and my mum runs a boutique in a nearby city as well; we have several pets (3) and even 3 ponies (we live outside of the aforementioned city, near a village).

My family basically is a bit workaholic :P And while I am not that bad it kinda rubs off onto me ^^

Being just 4 people for so much work (+ keeping our land in order, nearly 1 and a half hectare in size, including a good sized parking lot) has the unfortunate side effect of eating up your free time - but well such is life and I am rather happy even with all that work :)
JoeCapricorn hat geschrieben:
For some large-scale mods (mainly Immersive NPCs for Skyrim), new versions are put up in a bittorrent file. Maybe consider that as an additional method of distribution?
Unfortunately such a thing needs manual intervention of users - and we shy away from that. Btw not because we think that the users would be too dumb for installing, but because we would have no control about the version any given user has installed.

There is e. g. the problem that users of Enderal would not just need the newest patch but all those that came prior, minus the old masterfiles, as patches only include the new bugfixes, none of the old ones.

Hence it is no problem to upload the install.gz as torrent as all users need it either way and there is not much one can do wrong when using it, but we most likely would run into problems with some users with manual patches.

Though we are currently thinking about whether we really upload all of our patches manually for people who may have problems with the launcher or want to save them on their PCs; but that comes after the EV release when our traffic calms down a bit.
sphanlon
Krieger
Krieger
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

MarvinKp hat geschrieben:
I played both versions now and even though i have to admit that I like the german version a little more (maybe because german is my mother tongue), the english cast is doing a really great job. In some cases I like it even more. Especially the english "high ones" are outstanding. Both versions are definitely worth trying.

Maybe a short update: I have matched all the english dialoques to the scenes by now and I am currently fixing the missing voices I have found during my playthrough.
That's great,... but missing voices? Is that to say missing dialogue audio? How do you fix that? Do you have to assemble the voice actors together again? That could be a big undertaking.
Eolath
Paladin
Paladin
Danksagung erhalten: 5 Mal

Caleb8980 hat geschrieben:
My family (4 people) runs a (rather small) hotel with 15 rooms - we have many bookings each week, the occupancy rate is over 80% and as such our workload is huge.

Apart from 2 cleaners we do everything alone, until last year my dad also worked in a company and my mum runs a boutique in a nearby city as well; we have several pets (3) and even 3 ponies (we live outside of the aforementioned city, near a village).

My family basically is a bit workaholic :P And while I am not that bad it kinda rubs off onto me ^^

Being just 4 people for so much work (+ keeping our land in order, nearly 1 and a half hectare in size, including a good sized parking lot) has the unfortunate side effect of eating up your free time - but well such is life and I am rather happy even with all that work :) .
That sounds more fun and less tension heavy than I originally envisioned the 70hr/week job to be. Regardless, it's commendable how you still find time for a pet project like this after a long day of work :)
MarvinKp hat geschrieben:
I played both versions now and even though i have to admit that I like the german version a little more (maybe because german is my mother tongue), the english cast is doing a really great job. In some cases I like it even more. Especially the english "high ones" are outstanding. Both versions are definitely worth trying.

Maybe a short update: I have matched all the english dialoques to the scenes by now and I am currently fixing the missing voices I have found during my playthrough.
Great news, Marvin. And I noticed you posted that at 5AM on a midweek day, Christ, I hope it's not the EV keeping you up that late :o
Guar Kamole
Schurke
Schurke
Danksagung erhalten: 2 Mal

Caleb8980 hat geschrieben:
Hazzmat hat geschrieben:
Yeah no, I didn't insult you - I merely stated what I think.
Maybe it's not you the user meant but the poster right above his comment.

Hazzmat hat geschrieben:
That statement is beyond ridiculous. If they only made one or two versions you wouldn't be able to choose and they would have chosen for you. What they are doing is making three versions, which means that they make it possible to choose in the first place. Your post simply does not make any sense if you are aware of the upcoming English subbed German dub version - they wouldn't have been working on it if they assumed that nobody wanted it.
sphanion hat geschrieben:
That's great,... but missing voices? Is that to say missing dialogue audio? How do you fix that? Do you have to assemble the voice actors together again? That could be a big undertaking.
There was at least one unrecorded line a week or two ago but I assume that the missing lines referred to here are simply not properly integrated into the mod file.
Eolath
Paladin
Paladin
Danksagung erhalten: 5 Mal

Hmm, I thought the major issue facing the EV right now was the crashes and cut off dialogue that happened because some of the English voice actors drew out their lines too much. Now that'd definitely require re-recording I imagine. At least if I understand the issue correctly.
76 Beiträge Seite 6 von 8