A moment of silence

Moderator: Moderatoren

19 Beiträge Seite 1 von 2
Aesir
Schurke
Schurke
Danksagung erhalten: 5 Mal

As requested, this will be a translation of this post in the german part of this Forum. However I want to mention that I am neither Part of SureAI nor a professional when it comes to translation. I of course do think that my english will do just fine but if I do make any mistakes then those are mine. Not the fault of SureAI. Also be aware that this list was published immediatly after the german launch. That means some of the things listed here may already be present when the english version launches. That being said, here we go. :)
Greetings!

After the launch went (relatively) well we would like to take some time to talk about all the things that did not (partly: yet) made it into the game, despite all the hard work and willpower.

Guild questline - The Golden Sickle: The Golden Sickle is a long questline in Ark that deals with the merchants guild "Golden Sickle" and the kilean Sugar Island Union. The quest is very non-linear and has 5 endings in total. Sadly we didn't manage to finish testing all of it by the time of the release. A future patch will however include it.

More bards: Right now there is only one type of voice for the female bards - as of now the male and second female one are silent. Actually those are finished but we will have to add the files uncompressed so the patch will be about 200MB, also a (very, very beautiful) Song is not finished yet. We will add all of this once the traffic on our servers goes down a bit.

Cutscene-system: Those who followed the development of Enderal for some time now will know what this is about. Originally it was planned to stage certain key Story-Events in a cineastic way. The system was indeed functional but the testing of certain camera angles was really hard and would have required us to reach too deep into the engine. In the end the costs and benefits wouldn't justify the effort besides we probably would have created alot of unforseen problems.

Realtime-Flying system: An especially frustrating case for us. one of our coders spend several months on this and even implemented it fully functional into the game. In the end it failed because the Creation Engine simply couldn't process all it had to load which resulted in crashes even on high end systems. No matter what we tried it just wouldn't work - and in the end we had to settle for the classic "Strider" solution. :cry:

Guild questline - Rhalâta: The most painful loss. The Rhalâta-questline dealed with the eponymus cult in the Undercity led by the so called "Father". You meet Tharaêl, a tight-lipped Aeterna who infiltrated the Rhalâta and plans to kill the Father. The four quests were absolutly amazing and also featured many ties to the "Butcher of Ark" - a lot of dark stuff similar to the sequences with Daddy with some cool twists and, thanks to the excellently designed Undercity by Julian (Sagantor), a unique atmosphere. The quest was already almost fully voiced and partly implemented but in the end a team member left to work an another (not yet released) mobile project. The loss of this questline greatly upsets us to this day. For anyone who wants to remain in sad reminiscence I recommend the awesome Rhalâta/Tharaêl-theme made by Marvin: klick

Story quest Jespar: An additional quest about a wicked part of Jespars past that starts at the beginning of act 2. (keyword Silvercloud) Same problem as with the other quests.

Story quest Calia: An additional quest after a certain point in Calias backstory, dealing with her family background.

Story quest Yuslan: A two-part quest that deepens the topic of the "Sea of Eventualities" (different realities) which also shines some light on the past of Yuslan Sha'Rim. The key point of the quest is a magical device called the "World converter" which Yuslan tries to reconstruct. It allows its user to travel through different realities. This also had to be scrapped since only two of our five quest-scripters remained at the end of development.

Questline - Chaime: A questline set in Duneville. Starting with a not so unusual seeming murder the player eventually meets the serial killer Chaime. A quest that only lived by the personality of Chaime. This questline also fell under the responsibility of the team member that left.

Sidequest - Light and Shadow: Another quest in the Powder Desert about two unusual children called Light and Shadow and a stone idol. Grim/surreal atmosphere a very cool story and two endings. One of our favorite quests but again. The time.

Druid class: This one was out relativle early but in the beginning we planned to include more than "only" the nine classes the game has now. Among others we wanted to create a druid who can change into different forms. Sadly this was also scrapped due to lack of time.

More synergies: Simple but it would have been cool. More synergy affects amongst the talents. Also scrapped due to lack of time. But it would be easy to mod!

Maybe we find, despite work (and in my case travelling) some time to patch some of the things mentioned here - it also depends on if the community misses them. Maybe we will expand this list in the future since we surely forgot this or that. :)

Thank you for all the great feedback up until now!

Best wishes and have fun playing the game!
SureAI
I hope there aren't too many errors. (because I am sure there are some)
Still... hope you enjoy. :)

Edit Caleb: Added English translation for Dünenhaim. Thank you very much for this translation :)
Zuletzt geändert von Aesir am 11.07.2016 21:12, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
mindw0rk
Hauptmann
Hauptmann
Danksagung erhalten: 10 Mal

Thanks for translation. Its weird to hear that flying was scrapped because "Skyrim engine cant process everything in fly mode". My heavily modded Skyrim has 450+ mods installed, whole world is retextured with 2k textures, system requirements to play this are much higher then Enderal. And yet it doesnt crash if I hardtest it in with tcl and player.setav speedmult 500 commands. Maybe the problem with crashes was because Enderal is heavy on grass and vegetation. And turning grass off or making it less dense while flying would solve the issue.

Also about Guild questline - Rhalâta... if this questline was almost finished with voice actor gone, why not just change him? Im pretty sure fans would love to see this questline in game and wont mind if second half will have different voice. Or just remake voiceovers alltogether with different actor. Im sure many actors would glad to offer help.
Aesir
Schurke
Schurke
Danksagung erhalten: 5 Mal

Sadly it's not the voice actor that left the team, it was one of the people who's job would have been to implement it into the game and since the rest of the crew was busy with other work it had to go.

I'm not even a dev and the loss of this questline really hurts because the Undercity in Ark looks so freaking amazing and has such a great vibe to it. Sadly there are just not many reasons to go there, aside from meeting someone you can sell your stolen stuff to and some small sidequests. (One of them even features the Rhalâta but that's it I guess.)
sphanlon
Krieger
Krieger
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

So how many of these are definitely planned to be implemented eventually? The only one I heard of is the golden sickle likely getting in before the EV release.
Sancez
Paladin
Paladin
Danksagung erhalten: 20 Mal

What I will miss are the quests and the Realtime-Flying system, but we really can't complain, Enderal is already a huge and complex and interesting game.

However, the Skyrim modding community is still pretty alive and active, you know? I would like to suggest to wait untill the english version is out, the game is totally patched with the last patch and the team has implemented everything they can work on, and then release all the missing stuff as a modder resource so modders can finish the job and implement them into the game. I'm sure there will be modders interested in doing it, and remember there is also the Remastered Edition coming this year, it's possible the Realtime-Flying system will work much better in it, if SureAi manage to find the time to port Enderal into it (which I really hope so).

Btw, thanks for the translation. :D
Caleb8980
Enderal Team
Enderal Team
Weltenwandeler
Weltenwandeler
Danksagung erhalten: 138 Mal

mindw0rk hat geschrieben:
Thanks for translation. Its weird to hear that flying was scrapped because "Skyrim engine cant process everything in fly mode". My heavily modded Skyrim has 450+ mods installed, whole world is retextured with 2k textures, system requirements to play this are much higher then Enderal. And yet it doesnt crash if I hardtest it in with tcl and player.setav speedmult 500 commands. Maybe the problem with crashes was because Enderal is heavy on grass and vegetation. And turning grass off or making it less dense while flying would solve the issue.
The problem is not that it CTDs everytime - but that it can easily CTD at all. There is nothing worse than a crash during a cutscene, because you have to watch the scene again and again every time the game crashes ;-) This takes away much of the fun of such a system and usually ends with frustration.

sphanlon hat geschrieben:
So how many of these are definitely planned to be implemented eventually? The only one I heard of is the golden sickle likely getting in before the EV release.
As I said in another thread here, that is not yet decided - at least for the next 3 months none of them, when Nico comes back we will review our plans.
Sancez
Paladin
Paladin

Caleb8980 hat geschrieben:
The problem is not that it CTDs everytime - but that it can easily CTD at all. There is nothing worse than a crash during a cutscene, because you have to watch the scene again and again every time the game crashes ;-) This takes away much of the fun of such a system and usually ends with frustration.

sphanlon hat geschrieben:
As I said in another thread here, that is not yet decided - at least for the next 3 months none of them, when Nico comes back we will review our plans.
So incidentally you will review your plans when the Remastered Edition comes out. That may be game changing for a lot of reasons.
mindw0rk
Hauptmann
Hauptmann
Danksagung erhalten: 10 Mal

Sancez hat geschrieben:
So incidentally you will review your plans when the Remastered Edition comes out. That may be game changing for a lot of reasons.
What exactly game changing in it? If Skyrim Remastered breaks mods, noone will ever use it (besides those who only play vanilla skyrim). If it doesnt, then you just use it instead of vanilla as base
Sancez
Paladin
Paladin

Sancez hat geschrieben:
What exactly game changing in it? If Skyrim Remastered breaks mods, noone will ever use it (besides those who only play vanilla skyrim). If it doesnt, then you just use it instead of vanilla as base
Oh the Remastered will break mods for sure, it's basically impossible for the mods to work, expecially the ones using skse. What I meant was that since the remastered will be out, presumebly the team will give a look into that and maybe they may decide to port Enderal into that, and maybe other features such as the real time flying will work. It's a lot of "maybes", but.. yeah, maybe it will be game changing. Maybe.

Btw, I will play the remastered edition, at least I will give it a try. It's free so who cares.
Keasar
Bettler
Bettler

Maybe we find, despite work (and in my case travelling) some time to patch some of the things mentioned here - it also depends on if the community misses them.
...Do it!

If I may take some picks: The Golden Sickle, Rhalâta, Light and Shadow and Chaime sounded really exciting. And having some extra content patched in after a while if it isn't too much work on your end, hopefully since you say that some work has been done on these, is nothing bad in my opinion.

Those other quests sounds good too even though I can't say I know the characters yet since I am still waiting for the English release.

But really, the community would be foolish to "not miss" any of that stuff. :P
19 Beiträge Seite 1 von 2