Is there/will there ba a manual or wiki soon?

Moderator: Moderatoren

2 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
sphanlon
Krieger
Krieger
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

And eventually a walkthrough, like Nehrim had? A walkthrough can wait, but we need something to understand the key gameplay differences from Skyrim. I haven't fetched the German version so I wouldn't know if something's packaged in the download.
badgesareus
Schicksalsknechter
Schicksalsknechter
Danksagung erhalten: 133 Mal

I don't know the answer to your specific question about a manual, but I haven't seen one with the German version. The launcher has a "wiki" link, but so far the German wiki doesn't seem to have much in it, as it depends on players to contribute I think. Much of Enderal plays like Skyrim, and there are some elements like Nehrim as well such as finding the 100 hidden magic symbols and the "wanted" bounty hunting. As in Skyrim, you can designate favorite weapons & magic and then assign quick keys with the Q button. You do alchemy and enchanting at the same types of tables as in Skyrim. You can improve weapons and armor as in Skyrim, if you have the appropriate material. For crafting at the forge, some items need no plans, such as crafting jewelry, as long as you have the metal & gems. To craft weapons & armor, you find or buy blueprints, but then it is like Skyrim, crafting them with the needed materials. You earn a small number of XP for crafting items, also for making potions I think.

The main differences are the talents & skills development, otherwise you should find playing Enderal much like Nehrim/Skyrim (the huge difference is the beauty and creativity of the landscapes, dungeons, interiors, etc.). I have been playing the German version, but I read very little German, so I am probably missing some differences, but here is some information. You earn experience points by killing enemies and completing quests. After a certain number of XP, you level up and you immediately get a pop-up to choose to increase health, mana, or stamina (as in Skyrim, but immediately, usually in the middle of a battle!). You also receive 5 learning points, 3 craft points (all my translations, not the official terms I'm sure) and 1 memory point. You go into meditation and use the memory point to select one talent - there are 3 trees (warrior,rogue or mage) and three branches in each.

Your skills are divided into 2 groups - the combat/magic group such as 1H, 2H, light armor, destruction magic, etc. This is where you can use the 5 "learning points." The other group "craft" group, has 6 skills such as enchant,blacksmith,lockpick,pickpocket, etc., and this is where the 3 craft points are used. However, you can't use the learning and craft points directly. You must find or buy books. The novice book can can be used to increase skills up to level 25, then there are journeyman (to level 50), expert (to level 75) and master (to level 100) books. Each skill has a different book (so 4 levels of books for each skill). When you use a skill book, you use up 1 point of that type of skill and the book is gone. It can be challenging to find what you want; you might want to increase your 1H weapon skill 5 points, but a merchant might have only 1 book of that type and 20 books for stealth. The skill books are found in the food section of the inventory.

Magic is learned by finding or buying books also. They are in your inventory in the book section. Likewise, they are used up when read but you can't read a book if you already have that magic at that level, so then you can sell or drop the book. Many magic books have levels 1-4.

Fast travel: There are a number of Myraden stations. These work like the travel wagons in Skyrim; you pay the money, select where you want to go, and then there is a loading screen and you are there. [it seemed to me the station at your 1st town, Flusshaim, wasn't in operation until I reached Ark.] Some merchants sell teleport scrolls which you can use to teleport to a location. You have your "stash" chest at each Myraden station and in the cities, so you can store what you don't need right away and access it at any other "stash" chest.

Tavern games: Since I can't follow a German conversation, I didn't go to taverns, but apparently there are a number of games you can play at them, which I noticed in my statistics section (the section as in Skyrim where you can view data like number of locks picked, number of murders, days in jail, etc.)

So, once you learn how the skills and talents stuff works, you should be quite comfortable playing the game. Good luck!
2 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1