Is there an update on the game?

Moderator: Moderatoren

9 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
microscope
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler
Danksagung erhalten: 2 Mal

A lot of the media is very old and I have seen the "Book - The Butcher of Ark" seem to get finished and the development hours are huge now, I wonder if there is an update on the game? Is completion in sight yet? Will there be a beta and if so is it nearly here? Can we see some gameplay videos? Not much info on the forum! Hope to hear something about what you guys have been working on :)
Simon derKiller
Lichtgeborener
Lichtgeborener
Danksagung erhalten: 112 Mal

I think you are a bit late :)

At YouTube you can find a lot of staff for Example gameplay videos, trailers and some other videos. I don't think there will be a Beta because the release date for the geman version will be the 1-3 of July. Some of the Interviews are also in English so enjoy these staff.

Cheers Simon
Wigbold
Ordenskrieger
Ordenskrieger
Danksagung erhalten: 117 Mal

microscope hat geschrieben:
A lot of the media is very old and I have seen the "Book - The Butcher of Ark" seem to get finished and the development hours are huge now, I wonder if there is an update on the game? Is completion in sight yet? Will there be a beta and if so is it nearly here? Can we see some gameplay videos? Not much info on the forum! Hope to hear something about what you guys have been working on :)
Yep, there weren't too many updates over the last months, especially the english news section of this forum became rather quiet. The reason is probably that SureAI is concentrating on putting the final touches to Enderal. SureAI stated that they are finally close to the finish line. All features and quests are implemented, the german voice acting is completed and about 70% of the voice files are already in the game. Right now they are focusing on polishing, bug fixing, translation, which is around 70% through, and the english voice acting - which still is a whole lot of work.

Just a few days ago, they released a new trailer as well as the german release date which is scheduled for the 3 of Juli, as Simon already said. The english release is yet to be announced and depends heavily on how long the translation and english voice acting process takes. Here are some quotes by sureAI from the youtube comment section regarding the voice acting.
SureAI hat geschrieben:
We don't know yet - the translations are about 70% through, but their implementation turned out to be trickier than we thought. We will not do two seperate master files this time, because that would make patching them a nightmare, and the (great) translating tools provided by the modding community are pretty complicated when it comes to translating such a massive project (approx. twice the amount of dialogue as in Dragon Age: Origins)

I think it's safe to say that the English translation turned out pretty well. In some aspects, it's even better than the German version, but only because we here and there changed some details in the dialogue which we couldn't do in the German version because the scripts were already voice-acted. :)

We already do have the support of many talented VAs, but some roles are just hard to fill. Funnily enough, in German we had an incredibly hard time finding middle-aged/old women, which we have a lot of in the English VA now. In English, however, it is hard to find older men (40-60).
For regularly updates you should also check their facebook page. They are much more active there and post little (english) media titbits and infos from time to time. For gameplay material in general, check out this collection in the Q&A made by Caleb.
microscope
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler
Danksagung erhalten: 2 Mal

Wow it sounds like they are getting close! Thanks a lot for the info :)
mindw0rk
Hauptmann
Hauptmann
Danksagung erhalten: 10 Mal

Is there a chance that german version will have english subs so we could play it at release?
Caleb8980
Enderal Team
Enderal Team
Weltenwandeler
Weltenwandeler
Danksagung erhalten: 138 Mal

mindw0rk hat geschrieben:
Is there a chance that german version will have english subs so we could play it at release?
A chance, yes - though if we are speaking about how high it is I can't say anything yet; ask me that again in 3 months, then I can tell you ^^

No seriously currently it is impossible to make any kind of estimation because translating Enderal is much work and will still take some time with the quality of the translation we are aiming for. (the translated version will have to be tested to look for german leftovers and if any appear, new bugs ofc, too)
Eolath
Paladin
Paladin
Danksagung erhalten: 5 Mal

Caleb8980 hat geschrieben:
mindw0rk hat geschrieben:
A chance, yes - though if we are speaking about how high it is I can't say anything yet; ask me that again in 3 months, then I can tell you ^^

No seriously currently it is impossible to make any kind of estimation because translating Enderal is much work and will still take some time with the quality of the translation we are aiming for. (the translated version will have to be tested to look for german leftovers and if any appear, new bugs ofc, too)
That'd be awesome, I'll be playing w/ the German voices either way. So a version without English dubs would suit me very well.
nigelvibations
Gauner
Gauner
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

I'm also a huge fan of German voices + English subtitles, for what it's worth. Played Nehrim that way & thought it really added to the "stranger in a strange land" feeling. Is there anything we as fans can do to help get English subtitles working in time for the German launch?

Not meaning to hassle, I know it will be ready when it's ready - I just love the world you guys have created & am chomping at the bit to get back into it!
Wigbold
Ordenskrieger
Ordenskrieger
Danksagung erhalten: 117 Mal

nigelvibations hat geschrieben:
I'm also a huge fan of German voices + English subtitles, for what it's worth. Played Nehrim that way & thought it really added to the "stranger in a strange land" feeling. Is there anything we as fans can do to help get English subtitles working in time for the German launch?

Not meaning to hassle, I know it will be ready when it's ready - I just love the world you guys have created & am chomping at the bit to get back into it!
Well, they were actually looking for people to help them with translating miscellaneous stuff (tool tips, ingame books, items etc.) from german to english and with english proofreading. I don't know if they are still recruiting, but if you can help with either, shoot them a mail. It's worth a try!

Only serious applications though. You need to be willing to commit a good chunk of your free time on a regularly basis and probably over a couple of month. And of course you have have the required skills.... I just emphasise this, because they often had people that promised to help and turned out to be more of a burden then a helping hand or just vanished after a short time.
9 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1