Q&A for Enderal (pls read it before opening a new topic)

Moderator: Moderatoren

154 Beiträge Seite 14 von 16
Nicolas Samuel
Writer
Writer
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 682 Mal

Thanks, Wigbold! As I said in the comments section of that article, I think one of the up/downsides (depends on how you look at it), that Enderal's story gets more intense as the story goes on. Particular after having seen the finale, everything will appear in a different light. (I don't think anyone will expect that twist). Still, it obviously isn't flawless -but then again, what is? I think considering how limited our resources were (mind that 250 people worked on great titles like Witcher 3, about 20 of which were quest-designers and writers, if I am not mistaken), I am very proud of what we did, and I'm sure some of the scenes are very, very memorable. :)
Wigbold
Ordenskrieger
Ordenskrieger
Danksagung erhalten: 117 Mal

Nicolas Samuel hat geschrieben:
Thanks, Wigbold! As I said in the comments section of that article, I think one of the up/downsides (depends on how you look at it), that Enderal's story gets more intense as the story goes on. Particular after having seen the finale, everything will appear in a different light. (I don't think anyone will expect that twist).
Stop teasing us :mrgreen: This wants me to play it even more! Ah...the waiting time...
Nicolas Samuel hat geschrieben:
Still, it obviously isn't flawless -but then again, what is? I think considering how limited our resources were (mind that 250 people worked on great titles like Witcher 3, about 20 of which were quest-designers and writers, if I am not mistaken), I am very proud of what we did, and I'm sure some of the scenes are very, very memorable. :)
Yeah, your right. The problem with Enderal is that it reached a state of professinalism, polishment and also attention in the media that you automatically start comparing it to AAA commercial titles, which is obviously not fair at all. But it's also probably the biggest compliment you can get :thumbsup:
Nicolas Samuel
Writer
Writer
Schöpfer
Schöpfer

Stop teasing us :mrgreen: This wants me to play it even more! Ah...the waiting time...
Shame on me! :mrgreen:

You're right, it is a compliment, and that's how I personally try to see it. :)
Sancez
Paladin
Paladin
Danksagung erhalten: 20 Mal

Aaaaarrrgh spoiler warning!!

Thanks Wigbold for the translation, that was interesting to read! What about the "cinematic" cut-scenes? I remember you guys posted a cut-scene years ago, did you manage to implement it into the mod or it's gone? I'm asking because the fact that the article didn't write about such a feature (that wasn't present in Skyrim) makes me think it's gone.
Caleb8980
Enderal Team
Enderal Team
Weltenwandeler
Weltenwandeler
Danksagung erhalten: 138 Mal

Yeah, that feature unfortunately had to be cut - main reason being the varying team size to say it nicely.

While it was possible to implement, the planning of that feature involved having 6 (?) people working on it. After the amount of quest designers/implementers went down to just Nico and Johannes the cut scenes had to be cut if they wanted to release Enderal in this decade. :|
Sancez
Paladin
Paladin

I imagined, it felt like a lot a work since day 1.
Nicolas Samuel
Writer
Writer
Schöpfer
Schöpfer

It would have been, yes. We would have needed to develop a cinematic toolset on our own, and, while that would have been do-able (yet by no means convenient), it would have simply taken up too much time, as Caleb said. :)
Wigbold
Ordenskrieger
Ordenskrieger
Danksagung erhalten: 117 Mal

I just recently stumbled over this thread at the Nexus Forum. It's a couple of weeks old, so maybe you have already heard about it. I really don't know too much about technical questions, but might this prove a problem for Enderal?

From what i have gathered, it seems like there is a limitation in the save file format of Skyrim, limiting it to 65,535 strings. Once this limit is reached every save will become corrupted and unloadable, with no chance of repairing it. The base game plus all the DLCs, legandary Patch and SkyUI already add up to around 28000 strings. Every mod installed on top adds more (Interesting NPCS for example consumes another3,471 strings). The mean thing is that the number of strings goes up while you play as scripts create new variables that are added to the string table. So you might start out fine, but run into this problem after several hours of playing.

Luckily Enderal doesn't use any DLCs, so it should start at much lower number of strings, but it probably adds a whole lot of new scripts, animations and stuff, so I was wondering how Enderal performs in this regard so far?
Sancez
Paladin
Paladin

Wigbold hat geschrieben:
I just recently stumbled over this thread at the Nexus Forum. It's a couple of weeks old, so maybe you have already heard about it. I really don't know too much about technical questions, but might this prove a problem for Enderal?

From what i have gathered, it seems like there is a limitation in the save file format of Skyrim, limiting it to 65,535 strings. Once this limit is reached every save will become corrupted and unloadable, with no chance of repairing it. The base game plus all the DLCs, legandary Patch and SkyUI already add up to around 28000 strings. Every mod installed on top adds more (Interesting NPCS for example consumes another3,471 strings). The mean thing is that the number of strings goes up while you play as scripts create new variables that are added to the string table. So you might start out fine, but run into this problem after several hours of playing.

Luckily Enderal doesn't use any DLCs, so it should start at much lower number of strings, but it probably adds a whole lot of new scripts, animations and stuff, so I was wondering how Enderal performs in this regard so far?
I don't think this will be the case of Enderal, but just in case here's the fix for that problem (read comments section too): http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/72725
mindw0rk
Hauptmann
Hauptmann
Danksagung erhalten: 10 Mal

Lurking through Enderal videos in anticipation of release I watched crafting overview and now curious what happens to crafting reciepes? Do they stay indefinetly in inventary after you find them or they are consumed like spell books?
Also will there be rare crafted items that require a drop from specific monster like it as done in Witcher 3?
154 Beiträge Seite 14 von 16