Q&A for Enderal (pls read it before opening a new topic)

Moderator: Moderatoren

154 Beiträge Seite 15 von 16
Caleb8980
Enderal Team
Enderal Team
Weltenwandeler
Weltenwandeler
Danksagung erhalten: 138 Mal

mindw0rk hat geschrieben:
Do they stay indefinetly in inventary after you find them or they are consumed like spell books?
Yeah, they stay indefinitely in your inventory unless you remove them from there manually.

Important to note is that you need to have the blueprint of an item in your inventory to be able to craft that item - it is not enough to just take it up once and somehow memorize it forever :P
Also will there be rare crafted items that require a drop from specific monster like it as done in Witcher 3?
No, but there are blueprints for unique weapons scattered throughout the world - these are often protected by unique and very strong bosses.
mindw0rk
Hauptmann
Hauptmann
Danksagung erhalten: 10 Mal

Another question Id like to know is how combat difficulty compares to vanilla Skyrim? For example in Skyrim its too easy on Adept but after I install SkyRe and few combat mods Adept becomes really challenging. Im going to try and play first walkthrough of Enderal in Dead is Dead (permadeath) mode and hope to see challenging difficulty but without oneshots and smashing mob for 10 minutes to kill.
Caleb8980
Enderal Team
Enderal Team
Weltenwandeler
Weltenwandeler

Another question Id like to know is how combat difficulty compares to vanilla Skyrim? For example in Skyrim its too easy on Adept but after I install SkyRe and few combat mods Adept becomes really challenging. Im going to try and play first walkthrough of Enderal in Dead is Dead (permadeath) mode and hope to see challenging difficulty but without oneshots and smashing mob for 10 minutes to kill.
It is hard :D Nah it is honestly harder than Skyrim. Enderal is balanced completely around the talents which means that combat is harder so that you need to use them. Also as enemies do not scale there is a chance that you run into foes which are way stronger than you.

On its highest difficulty you can basically forget about permadeath as it then comes rather close to a Dark Souls game in which one wrong move or one missed block can easily kill you. All of the testers (minus one, a real masochist :mrgreen: ) who challenged that difficulty gave up because it takes too long to finish - you basically have to plan every fight and even then randomness can always strike ^^

But apart from that a permadeath run is possible - you just should not expect to do one on your first playthrough ;-)
mindw0rk
Hauptmann
Hauptmann
Danksagung erhalten: 10 Mal

That enemy dont scale is new to me. How do you know in Enderal that enemy is way higher level? Besides by taking oneshot in the face. Is the world devided into leveled zones?
Sancez
Paladin
Paladin
Danksagung erhalten: 20 Mal

That enemy dont scale is new to me. How do you know in Enderal that enemy is way higher level? Besides by taking oneshot in the face. Is the world devided into leveled zones?
In Nehrim combat was way more harder then Oblivion, to the point that it forced me to start using magic and buffs and other things in ordet to get an higher chance of winning (which I liked a lot). Also the world was divided in areas and when you entered one a message would tell you about the level of the enemies in the area.

From what I read on this forum this system is going to stay in Enderal, except for end-dungeon Bosses which will scale or do domange in percentage so if you visit a dungeon with lower level enemies you will still have a good fight with the boss.
Caleb8980
Enderal Team
Enderal Team
Weltenwandeler
Weltenwandeler

Sancez hat geschrieben:
In Nehrim combat was way more harder then Oblivion, to the point that it forced me to start using magic and buffs and other things in ordet to get an higher chance of winning (which I liked a lot). Also the world was divided in areas and when you entered one a message would tell you about the level of the enemies in the area.
This is still true minus the message - there are no messages when you change a level area in Skyrim. That had to go as Skyrim does not allow these messages.

Instead you will have to keep careful watch whenever you come to the border of a biome - if the enemies get too strong for you running away is often an option you should take, especially when trying a permadeath run. ;-)

From what I read on this forum this system is going to stay in Enderal, except for end-dungeon Bosses which will scale or do domange in percentage so if you visit a dungeon with lower level enemies you will still have a good fight with the boss.
Not all of them ;-) Some do, most don't.
Eolath
Paladin
Paladin
Danksagung erhalten: 5 Mal

This question was asked on Reddit, I'm rather interested in the answer myself.
Will the English patch be save-gave compatible?

Meaning will we be able to play at release in German and download the English patch in a few weeks when it is released, then jump into that same save with everything now being in English?

I don't think I could wait a few weeks for a patch knowing Enderal is out and the only thing stopping me from playing is subtitles.
Caleb8980
Enderal Team
Enderal Team
Weltenwandeler
Weltenwandeler

Usually that should be possible - as I said, the EV is "just" the German version + English strings.

Nevertheless this is no guarantee that everything works as it should - especially with Bethesda's Creation Engine :roll: ...

Well, I can freely switch between the 2 versions and I have yet to detect any grave problems - still I am just one person, I cannot double and triple check everything :-)
Eolath
Paladin
Paladin
Danksagung erhalten: 5 Mal

Cheers! Appreciate the quick response as always, Caleb.
Sancez
Paladin
Paladin
Danksagung erhalten: 20 Mal

Btw, did you guys managed to implement TK'Dodge into the game?
154 Beiträge Seite 15 von 16