Q&A for Enderal (pls read it before opening a new topic)

Moderator: Moderatoren

154 Beiträge Seite 3 von 16
badgesareus
Schicksalsknechter
Schicksalsknechter
Danksagung erhalten: 133 Mal

Wow! That's great detective work!
Caleb8980
Enderal Team
Enderal Team
Weltenwandeler
Weltenwandeler
Danksagung erhalten: 138 Mal

So for once an update without any ( stunning or heartbreaking :twisted: ) news, fascinating videos or sounds, just with screenshots :D

1. Screenshots from the freelancer Anja Schiffner, who helped designing some of the dungeons (a HUGE thank-you :thumbsup: for Wigbold (yeah that guy who keeps pestering me here xD) who pointed these out in his own screenshot/concept art thread in the german part)

Bild Bild Bild Bild Bild Bild Bild Bild Bild

Number 2. The one you will have seen if you look at SureAI's facebook page:

Bild

Nothing much to say about those apart from that they are all great ^^
Hazzmat
Magier
Magier
Danksagung erhalten: 15 Mal

I like the last one. It reminds me of Darkroot Garden/Oolacile.
JorgasElite
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler
Danksagung erhalten: 2 Mal

Wow, Enderal looks great so far! The last picture really does remind me of Oolacile, hopefully Enderal will be inspired by such great areas!
badgesareus
Schicksalsknechter
Schicksalsknechter
Danksagung erhalten: 133 Mal

All those glowing blue crystals look dangerous. I think I'll have to apply sunscreen to protect my skin when I play Enderal! :lol:
Caleb8980
Enderal Team
Enderal Team
Weltenwandeler
Weltenwandeler

As I currently have some time at my hands and there is no new info, why not another screenshot update :D

So let us start with a bomb - the char screen (in german unfortunately :dumb: ) :
Bild

So let me explain a bit about it:
The first 3 bars on the left are obviously health, mana and stamina.
Number 4 is the arcanistic fever, as you can see it is in percentages ;-)
Number 5 is the experience bar.
Under that you have name, class, learning points, crafting points and memory points

In the middle you have all of your "skill" levels.

On the right side you have the explanation for the skill your mouse currently hovers over.

Now a new animal:
Bild

Yeah it looks quite "fantasy-like" :P

For the donkey-fans:
Bild
The donkey from Nehrim is back!!!

Silver-Grove
Bild

"Silver-Grove" is just my literal translation of its german name ^^

4 different kinds of sunsets :D

BildBildBildBild

Sunsets are at least as nice as in Nehrim, if not better :o

2 screens from the Heartland:

BildBild

Well - nothing to say here :D

The Lost:

BildBild

These are the zombies/undead of Enderal, called Lost. From Draugr-like appearance till skeleton everything is possible for them ^^

The myrads:

Bild

These are the creatures you use for Enderal's fast travelling system ;-)

The Red Ox:

BildBild

This is the Red Ox tavern, if you read the Butcher of Ark you should know it.

The 3 talent stones:

BildBildBild

These are the 3 stones on which you choose which talents you level. They are in their own world (in your mind to be precise).

Riverhome:

Bild

Yet another literal translation :P

Jespar:

Bild

Here you have Jespar, one of your two companions.

Kameee-haaameee-HAAAAAA!!!!

Bild

This is one of the talents in action - though I don't know which one ^^- and also one of these which got a completely new animation from their Motion Capturing session.
Synthoras
Hauptmann
Hauptmann
Danksagung erhalten: 6 Mal

Nice but I'm pretty sure it is Todesmagie and not tot totesmagie ;)
Zuletzt geändert von Synthoras am 07.10.2015 15:21, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
mindw0rk
Hauptmann
Hauptmann
Danksagung erhalten: 10 Mal

Lovely screenshots, thanks for sharing.
Caleb8980
Enderal Team
Enderal Team
Weltenwandeler
Weltenwandeler

New preview (this time from spieletipps.de) and new screenshots on facebook ----> new update!

The preview didn't have many new infos so instead of a full translation a quick summary of the news seems more appropiate:

1. The only way to lower the arcanic fever is a medicine called Ambrosia, which is very expensive.

2. In your char screen as I said you can see your class(es) - the classes are determined by how many points you invested in each skill tree (Rage, Bastion, Derwish for the warrior; Espionage, Vagabond, Trickery for the Rogue and Elementarism, Thaumaturgy and Sinistra for the Mage).

Once you spent around 7 memory points in the talent system your classes are determined by those skill trees in which you have spent the most points (so e. g. if you have spent 7 points, 4 into Rage and 3 into Espionage the classes in your char screen are Rage and Espionage)

The important news in this is that certain tree combinations converge into a new class (with a new skill tree) after you spent at least 10 points in both of them.

An example of this system would be the Assassin class which you unlock once you spent 10 points in both Trickery and Espionage.

To find these combinations you will have to search the world for books and notes which explain them ;-)

This means you can be literally the Jack-of-all-trades-but-master-of-none or have 1 (maybe 2) fully mastered skill trees.

3. Something I kept forgetting everytime I wrote an update for the last 4 months or so (sry for that :? ):

As said in the Q&A you need to sleep and eat for the autoregeneration of mana and health - for sleeping in the wild you need to build a camp. These camps can only be build at certain hearths you can find all over the world.

So unlike with some Skyrim mods you cannot build it everywhere but need to search for unlit hearths ;-)

These already were the new infos, so lets swiftly go to the new screenshots :D

Unfortunately the screens from the preview were incredibly small so I don't have them in FullHD.

First is the aforementioned campside:

Bild

Second is a screen showing the exterior of a ruin:

Bild

Third is a glimpse of the (german) map:

Bild

As you can see SureAI goes back to a 2D parchment based map, instead of the 3D view of Skyrim's map (personally I quite like the 2D, even prefering it over the 3D one ;-))

Now the new screens posted on facebook:

2 screens from the Heartland:

Bild Bild

A Screen showing a beach and a fight against an Oorbaya (these are former mages who never learned to control their powers; they are usually called wild mages and are stronger than normal mages, but suffer the fate to "evolve" into this thing if they absorb too much mana):

Bild

A screen showing the interior of the house of a reseacher(?):

Bild

Lastly the Golden Forest, a huge autumn-colored forest:

Bild
Caleb8980
Enderal Team
Enderal Team
Weltenwandeler
Weltenwandeler

As I was unhappy with the picture of the map, I took another one of the only other source we have - the PC-Games preview video.

This is the result:

Bild

Way better, or not? :D

For some directions: in the middle of the right side you have Ark, NNW of that is the Farmer's Coast (look in the video section in this thread if you don't remember it).

SE of the Farmer's Coast (FC) there is the Golden Forest.

SW of the FC there is the Heartland.

Further SW you can find Riverhome (screen in the 9.11 Update)

Lastly up in the North of this part of Enderal you can find the Frostcliff Mountains.

The second thing I wanted a better screen for is the camp, so here you go:

Bild

Btw the chest you can see here and on the screen from yesterday is your "Safe Chest". You will be able to find this chest in your camp and in every slightly bigger settlement. These chests always have the things in them which you put in any other "Safe Chest". (e. g. you put a sword in a "Safe Chest" in Ark; then you can go to any other "Safe Chest" in the world and will be able to take the same sword out of it)
154 Beiträge Seite 3 von 16