Q&A for Enderal (pls read it before opening a new topic)

Moderator: Moderatoren

154 Beiträge Seite 9 von 16
Eolath
Paladin
Paladin
Danksagung erhalten: 5 Mal

Good news! Cheers guys
Daniel
Erzmagistrat
Erzmagistrat
Danksagung erhalten: 22 Mal

So good to finally see a release date. Going to play the German version prior to English release to catch bugs and enjoy the epic adventure with a dictionary by my side! 8)
Sancez
Paladin
Paladin
Danksagung erhalten: 20 Mal

I'm going to play it too as soon as the german version is out, even if I don't know any german words! So I don't think I will actually do the main quest the first time, I will just explore and learn the new gameplay, see which mods need to be converted from Skyrim (I have some essentials mods I can't play without, or I would unistall Skyrim after 2 minutes in the game).

If Enderal is going to be better then Skyrim as much as Nehrim was better then Oblivion, then I may not need any of those mods actually.
Hazzmat
Magier
Magier
Danksagung erhalten: 15 Mal

Sancez hat geschrieben:
I'm going to play it too as soon as the german version is out, even if I don't know any german words! So I don't think I will actually do the main quest the first time, I will just explore and learn the new gameplay, see which mods need to be converted from Skyrim (I have some essentials mods I can't play without, or I would unistall Skyrim after 2 minutes in the game).

If Enderal is going to be better then Skyrim as much as Nehrim was better then Oblivion, then I may not need any of those mods actually.
what are these essential mods?
Sancez
Paladin
Paladin

Hazzmat hat geschrieben:
Sancez hat geschrieben:

what are these essential mods?
Action combat, bleed, body scars, Customizable Camera, Dual Sheath Redux, Equipping Overhaul, Five O'Clock Shadow, Headtracking, MinimalHUD (if they don't change the HUD), Mortal Enemies, RandomIdleAnimation, TAZ_killcamtweak, TKDodge.
Nicolas Samuel
Writer
Writer
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 682 Mal

We don't use any of those mods, but the combat is quite different in Enderal. Anything that balances enemies will have to be completely re-done for Enderal, since we don't use any Skyrim vanilla NPCs. Also, I suggest being careful with animation mods, as we have heavily modified character behaviour and added about 30 new animations. :)

Really, Enderal is an independent game. It feels that way, and especially balancing mods which are essential for Skyrim won't be necessary or work with Enderal.
Sancez
Paladin
Paladin

Nicolas Samuel hat geschrieben:
We don't use any of those mods, but the combat is quite different in Enderal. Anything that balances enemies will have to be completely re-done for Enderal, since we don't use any Skyrim vanilla NPCs. Also, I suggest being careful with animation mods, as we have heavily modified character behaviour and added about 30 new animations. :)

Really, Enderal is an independent game. It feels that way, and especially balancing mods which are essential for Skyrim won't be necessary or work with Enderal.
30 new animations? I saw some new magic animations out there on your updates, but 30 can't all be about magic stuff I suppose. Maybe also some new melee animations too? Skyrim animations were pretty bad, so any change to that is always welcome :D

About the mods I listed before, most of them are just convenience or aesthetics:

- Bleed makes your character and NPCs drop blood on the ground, and leave a trail of blood if you run aways after being hurt.
- Body scars.. Just scars on your character's body, I love it ;)
- Customizable Camera, I love to be able to switch the camera shoulder to shoulder, it's a must to have for me in every game.
- Dual Sheath Redux: are you really not supporting this mod? It allows you to see dual weapons on your character. But that's not a problem, a compatibility patch is most likely to come out in less then three days. Keep concentrating on your thing guys ;)
- Equipping Overhaul: see every weapons on your character, should be easy enough to make a compatibility patch for this one too, not a problem at all.
- Five O'Clock Shadow: let your beard grow over time or shave it! Damn I love this mod, I will patch it myself if the author doesn't do it :D

- TKDodge, Action Combat and Mortal Enemies are really amazing mods: the first allows you to dodge, I'm surprised you didn't include this feature in Enderal from the start, expecially the last version works perfectly in game. Mortal Enemies basically disable the tracking every attack have, I mean you can now actually dodge NPCs attacks because they won't magically follow you anymore like their hammer had a GPS in it. I use Action Combat just because I like to be able to stop NPCs attacks with my attacks, but I'm not really expecting to port this mod, I wasn't even sure to add it to the list really.

Btw, it's nice to hear from you Nicolas, thanks for writing something into this topic. :D
I know Enderal is going to be amazing, because I couldn't believe how good Nehrim was when I played it.
Nicolas Samuel
Writer
Writer
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 682 Mal

I know Enderal is going to be amazing, because I couldn't believe how good Nehrim was when I played it.
Thank you! :)

About the animations, aye, there are some new melee animations too, if you count those, it's probably even more than 30. We used some animation replacers. As for our new, unique animations, we had to create new animations for the talents (special abilities which replace Skyrim's shouts), such as a new throwing animation (a bottle of oil), casting, stomping, or knocking an arrow. Then, there are new dialogue animations (such as yawning or a formal bow) and dance animations such as belly dancing, folk dancing (in the taverns) and many others. :)

Regarding TKDodge, we actually wanted to include that and even had the authors permission, but it simply didn't pass our QA. The response time was way too long (I know that's due to Papyrus) and sometimes it didn't work at all. :( As for dual sheath redux, we even worked with Bergzore (I think he did Dual Wield Redux, too, didn't he), but the problem was that this mod requires a skeleton which we don't use by default, and we were afraid it would crash some of our custom animations. But as you said, it should be fairly easy to create an Enderal version of this mod. :)

The beard mod looks amazing! I wish we had the time to add something like that, but sadly we don't. :(

Best
Nick
Sancez
Paladin
Paladin

Nicolas Samuel hat geschrieben:
Thank you! :)

About the animations, aye, there are some new melee animations too, if you count those, it's probably even more than 30. We used some animation replacers. As for our new, unique animations, we had to create new animations for the talents (special abilities which replace Skyrim's shouts), such as a new throwing animation (a bottle of oil), casting, stomping, or knocking an arrow. Then, there are new dialogue animations (such as yawning or a formal bow) and dance animations such as belly dancing, folk dancing (in the taverns) and many others. :)

Regarding TKDodge, we actually wanted to include that and even had the authors permission, but it simply didn't pass our QA. The response time was way too long (I know that's due to Papyrus) and sometimes it didn't work at all. :( As for dual sheath redux, we even worked with Bergzore (I think he did Dual Wield Redux, too, didn't he), but the problem was that this mod requires a skeleton which we don't use by default, and we were afraid it would crash some of our custom animations. But as you said, it should be fairly easy to create an Enderal version of this mod. :)

The beard mod looks amazing! I wish we had the time to add something like that, but sadly we don't. :(

Best
Nick
Tk dodge not responsive fast enough? You must have tested the old version, the new one, V. 2.1, is very fast! It was released 20 January 2016, so it's very recent. I'm using it with Mortal Enemies, basically when the bandit attacks me I dodge, and since there is no tracking with his attack when I dodge I go behind his back and kill it with a power attack. This two mods really changed Skyrim combat system for me, like switching from Oblivion to Witcher 2, asd. I can make a small video with fraps if you want to understand what I'm talking about.

I've got a Witcher 3 vibe when I saw your last trailer, I'm talking about the scene in the tavern with the girl dancing: I love how you guys managed the lighting, small lights with some dark areas when the candles can't reach. Very immersive!
mindw0rk
Hauptmann
Hauptmann
Danksagung erhalten: 10 Mal

Dodge mods (i tried all including TK Dodge) arent working well on modded Skyrim due to script lag. Delays are too big.
I think the only mod I'll use with Enderal will be ENB.
154 Beiträge Seite 9 von 16