Q&A for Enderal (pls read it before opening a new topic)

Moderator: Moderatoren

154 Beiträge Seite 5 von 16
Metanoeite
Schwarzer Wächter
Schwarzer Wächter
Danksagung erhalten: 629 Mal

The interviewers removed the video a few minutes after it was released and it seems that they weren't satisfied with it. We didn't make another interview with them - And because the interview was a waste of time for us I think we won't it again with them. I don't think this interview will be ever released again. Sorry, it's not to my hands.
Sancez
Paladin
Paladin
Danksagung erhalten: 20 Mal

Lord Dagon hat geschrieben:
The interviewers removed the video a few minutes after it was released and it seems that they weren't satisfied with it. We didn't make another interview with them - And because the interview was a waste of time for us I think we won't it again with them. I don't think this interview will be ever released again. Sorry, it's not to my hands.
Not a problem, it's just nice to know what happened, thanks for the info.
Caleb8980
Enderal Team
Enderal Team
Weltenwandeler
Weltenwandeler
Danksagung erhalten: 138 Mal

There is still not that much new information, but because I'm now involved in the translation of books/texts for Enderal I don't know how much free time I have left anymore - so I'm gonna update the Q&A with less news from now on (unless there is a big reveal or sth :D)

So let's get started:

First of all both Niko and Johannes recently said that the content of the german version is finished and already put in the game - that means they are currently only polishing and bugfixing. The time this will take is hard to guess but as they now can concentrate completely on the last part of the development their speed should be able to get a bit higher.

#2:
Johannes said just this week that the romances in Enderal work between any gender, so male - male, male - femela and female - female.
Also both Jespar and Calia have their own questlines spanning 6 quests each - these quests are meant to enhance the bond you have to them and to learn more about how they live and lived in the past.

#3: The aforementioned new screenshots:

Bild

This screen shows one of the abandoned mines in the Northwind mountains.

Bild

Here you can see Jorek Bartarr how he is just telling Calia and another person how the rumors of the Lightborns' deaths are true.

#4: Last but not least 2 new soundtracks by Marvin Kopp:

Forgotten Homeland
This is an exploration track.

A Brave New World

That is the track of 1 of the 2 possible endings :-)
badgesareus
Schicksalsknechter
Schicksalsknechter
Danksagung erhalten: 133 Mal

The music is absolutely awesome! It's hard to believe a video game would have such beautifully composed music! Well done!
they are currently only polishing and bugfixing.
I thought SureAI wanted to become a for-profit game developer. Everyone knows the proper professional thing to do is release the game with all the bugs in place, and then offer a patch every 2 weeks to fix them! :wink:
Sancez
Paladin
Paladin

Thanks for the update!

That track, Brave New World, is beutiful!

Also, someone tell SureAi to fix Calia's boots clipping.
Jaknet
Hauptmann
Hauptmann
Danksagung erhalten: 10 Mal

badgesareus hat geschrieben:
they are currently only polishing and bugfixing.
I thought SureAI wanted to become a for-profit game developer. Everyone knows the proper professional thing to do is release the game with all the bugs in place, and then offer a patch every 2 weeks to fix them! :wink:
I guess that's how you can tell that they are not for-profit yet :wink:
Caleb8980 hat geschrieben:
There is still not that much new information, but because I'm now involved in the translation of books/texts for Enderal I
Good luck with that and excellent news about the German version. 8)
Sancez
Paladin
Paladin

Resurrecting this topic with a question :D

In Nehrim the hunting was much better then in Oblivion. In Skyrim hunting was very bad, but the Hunterborn mod made it so much better. Actually, without Hunterborn hunting is pointless.

So my question is: how will hunting be treated in Enderal? Will stick to vanilla? Will be similar to Hunterborn (fine by me, I love that mod)? Will have completely new mechanics?

Also... What about release date? :D :D :D
Caleb8980
Enderal Team
Enderal Team
Weltenwandeler
Weltenwandeler

Hah, you were a bit too fast :P

Wanted to update this thread yesterday originally but then I got stuck on updating ModDB...(yeah I'm quite the masochist - doing this here, translating books and now I took the helm for updating SureAI's ModDB site, so that they can concentrate on the development ^^)

Well back to topic:

First for your question: the hunting stays the same as Skyrim's - though I'm not sure how to judge that answer I got :mrgreen:

Now onto the actual update (the answer to your second question also lies there)

#1 there were some new screenshots posted:

BildBildBild

All three show the Crystal forest, an area of the Northwind mountains.

#2 A new soundtrack by Marvin:
Echo of the Past

It has a deep connection to the story ;-)

#3 An update of the development:

Currently Enderal has more than 3000 bugs fixed - this number is impressive on itself; but it gets ridiculous once you compare it to some other numbers: at the start of the alpha phase in mid-August just 600 bugs were fixed and the release version of Nehrim had only 600 bugs fixed, too!
Still they are far from finishing and SureAI proclaimed that they won't rush the release under any circumstances, so an official release date still remains to be seen ;-)
Sancez
Paladin
Paladin

Thanks a lot for the quickly reply! :)

About hunting, it's better keeping it vanilla then doing just some little tweaks, this way we can port Hunterborn to Enderal much easier. Probably the author will do it himself too.

Well, looks like it will take still some other months, let's hope it will be finished before summer. Actually, even they need time until next christmas, I wouldn't mind to wait (well, I don't want to wait, but I will do it anyways, since it's better later and fixed then sooner and buggy).
Caleb8980
Enderal Team
Enderal Team
Weltenwandeler
Weltenwandeler

Now your are taking "far" too literal :mrgreen:

I guess it will be released around the end of March maybe a bit earlier, depending on how long the coming beta phase takes.
154 Beiträge Seite 5 von 16