Q&A for Enderal (pls read it before opening a new topic)

Moderator: Moderatoren

154 Beiträge Seite 4 von 16
JorgasElite
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler
Danksagung erhalten: 2 Mal

Thanks for uploading these screenshots and information, they really help! The real question is, when will it come out :P
Sancez
Paladin
Paladin
Danksagung erhalten: 20 Mal

Paper map and campsite for player, that's what I like :D
Now let's hope they will get rid of that ipod style hud and manage to create a more fantasy one, like in Oblivion and Dragon Age Origins. Oblivion hud was a mess and not comfortable at all, but at least for its style was appropriate for a fantasy game. The ipod hud Skyrim had is really out of place.
Caleb8980
Enderal Team
Enderal Team
Weltenwandeler
Weltenwandeler
Danksagung erhalten: 138 Mal

Imo Enderal's character screen is fine as it is - it is less abstract and together with the 5 coloured bars looks way more appropiate for a fantasy game than Skyrim's.
It is still see-through but that isn't so bad imo ;-)
Sancez
Paladin
Paladin

It's better, yes, a lot better, but I still would like to see a journal style background, maybe paper instead of see-through. Still better then Skyrim, that's for sure. :D

http://www.mobygames.com/images/shots/l ... shot-a.jpg

I like journals in my rpgs :D
Caleb8980
Enderal Team
Enderal Team
Weltenwandeler
Weltenwandeler

3 weeks passed - time for a new update.

1. New information for the arcanic fever: apparently most of the german game magazines overestimated how the fever works, sorry for the misinformation.
SureAI/Johannes clarified this a bit ago: the arcanic fever doesn't rise with every spell/potion you use but only when using healing spells and healing potions!

Otherwise balancing would become a nightmare as mages should be able to play aswell without being nerfed into oblivion ^^

2. Gamestar did a new preview video for Enderal. Though this vid doesn't have subtitles it still is worth a view for seeing the world.

I will explain some of the new things seen in this vid as it has quite much of new info ;-)

From 0:44 on we see 2 talents of thiefs/rogues: First the "Ghost walk" then the "Eye of the Storm". The first one is basically a teleportation directly behind the marked enemy together with a sneak attack, the second one a bullet time that unlike Skyrim's doesn't work on you.
Around 1:50 there is "Snake-Tongue-Oil" and around 2:00 "Arctic wind" (mage talent, which damages and freezes enemies with a chance depending on the level difference between you and the enemies).

Then you can see an exploding barrel (a staple from quite many shooter games ^^). And yes you can take it with you and place it anywhere you want.

Around 2:25 we can see the warrior talent "Archaic might" - it is basically a shockwave that damages enemies and does extra damage to faltering opponents.

At 2:35 is yet another warrior talent "Iron Maiden". It drastically lowers the damage taken from melee attacks and throws the damage you would originally suffer back to the enemy.

2:50 a way to spend time in taverns, playing a card game (rules are not known till now, though it seems to belong to a mod for Skyrim named "The Battle of Heroes")

Then we have a short visit to the bank (works the same as Nehrim, though you now have more ways to let your money work - you can invest into shops, public places and even carawans)

Last but not least a quick look at the housing system with the placeable furniture.

3. A new screen appeared:

Bild

The special thing in here is how the textures were done by photogrammetry. For those who don't know that term, it is a 3d scan of a real plant (e. g. tree). It is starting to be used in games (the new Battlefront or The Order 1866) and comes up with great textures.

Usually these textures take an enourmous amount of performance, but SureAI optimized them so much that the size of the texture of one such tree in its whole is less than the texture of a Skyrim reach tree!

This should be everything new; as always if you have any questions feel free to ask :D
Zuletzt geändert von Caleb8980 am 19.10.2015 14:40, insgesamt 2-mal geändert.
Jaknet
Hauptmann
Hauptmann
Danksagung erhalten: 10 Mal

Caleb8980 hat geschrieben:
2. Gamestar did a new preview video for Enderal.

And yes you can take it with your and place it anywhere you want.

The special thing in here is how the textures were done by photogrammetry. For those who don't know that term, it is a 3d scan of a real plant (e. g. tree). It is starting to be used in games (the new Battlefront or The Order 1866) and comes up with great textures.

Usually these textures take an enourmous amount of performance, but SureAI optimized them so much that the size of the texture of one such tree in its whole is less than the texture of a Skyrim reach tree!
Damn that texture is amazing...I'm going be lost just spending hours enjoy the scenery...sod playing the game...lol

Placeable barrels...heaven and wonderfully evil :twisted:

Thank you very much for taking the time for the info and I'll watch that video when I get a spare moment. Looks like today was a good day to pop back and see what's going on. Thank you again :D
Caleb8980
Enderal Team
Enderal Team
Weltenwandeler
Weltenwandeler

Jaknet hat geschrieben:
Caleb8980 hat geschrieben:
2. Gamestar did a new preview video for Enderal.

And yes you can take it with your and place it anywhere you want.

Damn that texture is amazing...I'm going be lost just spending hours enjoy the scenery...sod playing the game...lol

Placeable barrels...heaven and wonderfully evil :twisted:
Yeah, I have sworn to myself that I will blow up Ark at least once :twisted:
Jaknet hat geschrieben:
Thank you very much for taking the time for the info and I'll watch that video when I get a spare moment. Looks like today was a good day to pop back and see what's going on. Thank you again :D
Thank you :D
badgesareus
Schicksalsknechter
Schicksalsknechter
Danksagung erhalten: 133 Mal

OMG Arps are back! My most hated enemy from Arktwend, I thought I killed them all but some must have survived. But they are much better dressed now!
Sancez
Paladin
Paladin

Any news guys? Last week SureAI posted a video about Enderal on their facebook page, but it was set on private and so deleted after a while. There was anything interesting in it? :shock:
Caleb8980
Enderal Team
Enderal Team
Weltenwandeler
Weltenwandeler

Hmm, well as the video was private, nobody could catch a glimpse - hence no news :D (apart from 2 new screenshots, but I usually wait a bit until I do new updates as a post for every small new info is nonsense)
154 Beiträge Seite 4 von 16