Q&A for Enderal (pls read it before opening a new topic)

Moderator: Moderatoren

154 Beiträge Seite 2 von 16
Caleb8980
Enderal Team
Enderal Team
Weltenwandeler
Weltenwandeler
Danksagung erhalten: 138 Mal

Jaknet hat geschrieben:
Many thanks for keeping the news going here in the english side.

Well I know I'm playing as a Arazealer, whatever one of them looks like. Just a real shame about the delay, I'd seen rumours that it had been put back and this confirms it.

Still it does mean that I don't have the problem of Fallout 4 and Enderal coming out around the same time ;-)
Well if I have enough time I will try to get screens of the 4 races in the char creation menu ;-)

But before that, we have another (spoilerfree) video from the Alpha:

Jaknet
Hauptmann
Hauptmann
Danksagung erhalten: 10 Mal

Damn that's just gorgeous... thank you.

Looking closely at the smaller details (I don't know the correct technical terms and if it's just the detail in the textures and or tessellation or whatever) But the 3d / depth on things like the tree bark, the stones in the walls and parts of the enemies skin etc is just stunning. Also it's really nice to see that the ground actually has small stones etc sitting on top of the floor instead of the flat "picture" that is usually the ground. :D
mindw0rk
Hauptmann
Hauptmann
Danksagung erhalten: 10 Mal

Looks great. I really like that there are unique landscapes and places of interest, nothing like anything in Skyrim. I also recognized some Skyrim mod resources in this video, from mods like Pure Waters, Trees HD, Monster Mod. Seems like team is working in cooperation with modders.
badgesareus
Schicksalsknechter
Schicksalsknechter
Danksagung erhalten: 133 Mal

Awesome! Regarding details, I noticed on the statue at 1:45 the plaque is in some alphabet that vaguely reminds me of Hebrew, but the name (of the sculptor?) on the base of the statue is in Roman lettering looks like F. W.... I wonder if this was intentional, or maybe some Easter Egg? I also saw the same plaque on a different statue at 1:59, the same man? I may end up spending dozens of hours on Enderal just freeze-framing the details!
Caleb8980
Enderal Team
Enderal Team
Weltenwandeler
Weltenwandeler

badgesareus hat geschrieben:
Awesome! Regarding details, I noticed on the statue at 1:45 the plaque is in some alphabet that vaguely reminds me of Hebrew, but the name (of the sculptor?) on the base of the statue is in Roman lettering looks like F. W.... I wonder if this was intentional, or maybe some Easter Egg? I also saw the same plaque on a different statue at 1:59, the same man? I may end up spending dozens of hours on Enderal just freeze-framing the details!
The text written on the plate should be a "psalm" of "The Path" of Malphas: If you have read "The Butcher of Ark" you know what that is, for all others: It is something close to the 10 commandments of our Bible and is a set of rules Malphas made that each inhabitant of Enderal should follow.

As for the man - dunno, it could be Malphas, but I think it simply is somebody who distinguished himself in the "church".

In 1:59 there is another psalm but this time it is clearly a statue of Malphas, see here for reference.
mindw0rk hat geschrieben:
Looks great. I really like that there are unique landscapes and places of interest, nothing like anything in Skyrim. I also recognized some Skyrim mod resources in this video, from mods like Pure Waters, Trees HD, Monster Mod. Seems like team is working in cooperation with modders.
Monster Mod is in, because the author of the mod asked SureAI whether of not they want to use some of his monster - not too long ago btw ;-) http://sureai.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f ... 650#p60650

Pure Waters could be, not sure.

As for the trees, those are 100% SureAI's. After all they spent nearly 1,5 years in modelling trees xD (there were many instances in the german forum where they complained about how hard trees are to model so that they look realistic but still don't have too many textures and shaders, which would massively lower the performance ^^)
Wigbold
Ordenskrieger
Ordenskrieger
Danksagung erhalten: 117 Mal

Caleb8980 hat geschrieben:

The text written on the plate should be a "psalm" of "The Path" of Malphas: If you have read "The Butcher of Ark" you know what that is, for all others: It is something close to the 10 commandments of our Bible and is a set of rules Malphas made that each inhabitant of Enderal should follow.

As for the man - dunno, it could be Malphas, but I think it simply is somebody who distinguished himself in the "church".

In 1:59 there is another psalm but this time it is clearly a statue of Malphas, see here for reference.
Are you guessing it's a "psalm" from "The Path" or did you translate it somehow. Because i was wondering too what it might mean. I thought the runes look a lot like the dwemer font from the elder scrolls, but i got only gibberish when trying to translate it :mrgreen:
Bild
By the way, the plate at 1:59 is the same as 1:45 as they just used the same base for both statues. My first guess was - mainly because of the dwemer like runes - that the base is just an asset from the maingame, even though I can't remember where it might be used in skyrim. But after my failed translation attempt, I think was wrong about that and they made it escecially for enderal. So if you know how to translate it, caleb, I'm really curious what it says.

As for the statue itself, I again think it's possible that's it's just a "third party mod asset", like this, which I think they are using too. If that's the case, it would explain the R/F. W..zel written on it.

Caleb8980 hat geschrieben:
Monster Mod is in, because the author of the mod asked SureAI whether of not they want to use some of his monster - not too long ago btw ;-) http://sureai.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f ... 650#p60650

Pure Waters could be, not sure.

As for the trees, those are 100% SureAI's. After all they spent nearly 1,5 years in modelling trees xD (there were many instances in the german forum where they complained about how hard trees are to model so that they look realistic but still don't have too many textures and shaders, which would massively lower the performance ^^)
In general SurAI is using a lot of mod resources available on the Nexus or elsewhere, as long as the quality meets their standards. And of course they are also using many textures and assets from a lot of popular mods like vurts flora overhaul, so it's very well possible some of the highres textures you see in the trailer are from Trees HD or Pure Water. I mean, they said they are using roughly 70% of newly created models or reworked vanilla assets and textures, which would be completely impossible for a team that small without making us of the great works of the huge skyrim modding community. But at least most of the trees in the golden forest and the heartland are their own work as these kind of trees didn't exist in vanilla skyrim and there are also no good modding resources available.
Caleb8980
Enderal Team
Enderal Team
Weltenwandeler
Weltenwandeler

Seeing as this is the concept art for the statue I'm rather sure ;-)

Though in the end I'm only guessing ^^. But it wouldn't make much sense to let the writing on it if it doesn't mean anything.
badgesareus
Schicksalsknechter
Schicksalsknechter
Danksagung erhalten: 133 Mal

I thought the runes look a lot like the dwemer font from the elder scrolls, but i got only gibberish when trying to translate it
Well, you need a Dwemer-Enderalese-German-English dictionary. I found an old dusty one in a local German cafe, and the translation is:

"In wine we find wisdom,
In beer we find freedom,
In water we find bacteria." :lol:
Wigbold
Ordenskrieger
Ordenskrieger

badgesareus hat geschrieben:
Well, you need a Dwemer-Enderalese-German-English dictionary. I found an old dusty one in a local German cafe, and the translation is:

"In wine we find wisdom,
In beer we find freedom,
In water we find bacteria." :lol:
Ahh, the wisdom of the lightborn. How could these fools ever deny their existence :mrgreen:

Now, as you say it, badge, it's so obvious :idea: And I should defenitely spend more time in dusty old german cafes!
Wigbold
Ordenskrieger
Ordenskrieger

Sry, for double posting, but I thought it would be nice to share the answer to the plaque inscription question with you.

Well, the solution is rather unspectacular. It's just a snippet from this standing stone in skyrim and it means.....nothing :mrgreen: At least no one knows what it means as the skyrim elder scrolls community seems to lack someone being fluent in dwemer...

I have to say I am a little dissapointed. Pls, SureAI, if you somehow manage to find the time, change this into something Vyn like :thumbsup:
Zuletzt geändert von Wigbold am 30.08.2015 22:15, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
154 Beiträge Seite 2 von 16