Kickstarter fund?(For VAs and artists)

Moderator: Moderatoren

17 Beiträge Seite 1 von 2
NamelessHero
Gauner
Gauner

Nehrim was hugely popular and a lot of people liked it a lot(including me) but it had a few rough edges, the most obvious one being the lack of English VAs and it could have had more side-quests and unique assets. Because of its popularity(and astounding quality), I think a lot of people would donate some money so that you could hire freelance 3D artists and even English VAs. What do you think?I would happily donate some money to you guys.
Hazzmat
Magier
Magier
Danksagung erhalten: 15 Mal

If it improves the quality of the mod then why not? Sure
Nicolas Samuel
Writer
Writer
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 682 Mal

Hi!

First of all, we really appreciate your offer. :)
As for the voie acting - We are planning to implement VA in the English version of Enderal. The problem is, that, once we pay one VA from the donations, we'll have to pay everyone, at least the professionals. So we'd rather not do that.

A professional 3D-Artist is a different story. We'll talk about that in our next conference and inform you about the results. :)
NamelessHero
Gauner
Gauner

Wow, this is REALLY awesome, I can't wait to see the results! Have you also thought about animators, world designers?

Oh, yeah one more thing(which is slightly off-topic). Are the trees in the screenshots still WIP? they look a bit wierd.
MadHatter
Paladin
Paladin

(I'm sure Latiro will answer too, but I just felt like I had to say something! ;) )

If we would hire professional Wold-Designers.. Well, what would be our "job", then? We have a lot of World/Level-Designers in our team, and I feel that there is no need to hire professionals for that. We do what we love to, which is creating immersive games on a voluntary basis. We try to be as good as the "professionals" in every regard - No matter if it's the leveldesign, the music or the animations. Because, in the end, we're a team of volunteers, and I think this is something that matters a lot. ;)

Greetings,

MadHatter :)
NamelessHero
Gauner
Gauner

I apologize for bringing this up again but have you guys reached a conclusion yet?
Nicolas Samuel
Writer
Writer
Schöpfer
Schöpfer

Hi,

We'll discuss it the following weekend. :) There's no need to apologize at all, we really appreciate your offer! But first of all, we need to familiarize ourselves with the terms of Kickstarter and need to come to conclusion on how to use the funds first. :)

We'll keep you posted!

Thanks,

Nico
Chasm
Arkanmagier
Arkanmagier
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

Also try find out what Betheda would say to this.

After the Nehrim release SureAi did accept money from players. IIRC partly because of the fear that this would turn the project into a commercial one as far as Betheda was concerned. Then there are also questions how to fairly distribute the money between the devs (not so much a problem with this idea) and last but not least German tax laws.
Nicolas Samuel
Writer
Writer
Schöpfer
Schöpfer

Hi,

We've discussed the idea of creating a Kickstarter-project in our team and we've decided a use for donations:

At first, we would use them to cover the costs to host this server. This is roughly about 200$ a year.
We have absolutely no idea, how much donations to expect, but for the case that more funds will be raised, we thought about employing a single 3D-Animator who would then create custom animations for creatures and actors in order to allow us to make better and more believable cutscenes - Skyrim's animations are very limited.

What are your thoughts on this?
NamelessHero
Gauner
Gauner

This is wonderful news, I will donate at least 10 dollars as soon as it is possible. Regarding animations: There is a cheap and very efficient way to make new animations by using a Kinect(or preferably 4 PS eye cameras) and a mocap software called iPi Soft. You can find the link for it here http://www.ipisoft.com/ .Also, if you manage to gather enough funds, will you also hire a 3D modeller?

One more thing: It's not possible to get in trouble with Bethesda if you do this, right? I think it would be wise to ask a lawyer before you do this.

I'm pretty sure a lot of people will want to donate for this project, especially since this is a very high profile mod.

Who knows, maybe after you finish this mod, you could start a Kickstarter for your first indie project!
17 Beiträge Seite 1 von 2