Enderal article

Moderator: Moderatoren

10 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
Hazzmat
Magier
Magier
Danksagung erhalten: 15 Mal

Ok so in this article questions are asked about the mod it looks like a really good read but unfortunately I can't read German. Perhaps this is too muck too ask but could someone translate it for me or make a summary out of it? I know for instance google Chrome can translate websites but they are never accurate and clear to understand. Thank you in advance.

here is the link: http://www.gamersglobal.de/interview/en ... er-ordnung
Numring
Bettler
Bettler
Danksagung erhalten: 2 Mal

Hello Hazzmat! I will try to translate the interview. There may be some mistakes but they shouldn't be too bad. I hope this helps you :)
Nico, Jonas, Johannes and Martin from SureAI were the Interviewpartners.

GamersGlobal: How did you react when Skyrim was officially announced in December 2010?
Nico: First of, curiosity! When I heard about the nordic setting of Skyrim, I was a little skeptical because it appeared less "fantastic" than Oblivion or Morrowind. I feared that the world of Skyrim with all it's dragons and wolves would miss the charme of the other two worlds.
GamersGlobal: Are you happy with the released Skyrim?
SureAI: Our expectations were mostly met. We had hoped for a large game world causing an urge to discover and many options to create a character - classical Elder Scrolls features. We were disappointed by the low-resolution textures and the clunky interface. You can see that Skyrim was mainly developed for consoles with their limitations.
GamersGlobal: What did you like particularly well at Skyrim? What is not so good?
Johannes: Skyrims atmosphere is great if you forget the random quests, the bad pathfinding and texture-resolution. But the immersive game world made ​​up for these flaws.
Nico: I liked the massive game world and the action-packed combat system. But although I liked some of the quests I never got really into the world. Bethesda should have put more effort into making the quests and characters more believable. If an aged warrior asks me (as a stranger!) to bring the ashes of his recently deceased friend to the cemetery, it destroys the immersion for me.
Jonas: My biggest gripe with Oblivion were the generic dungeons and the classic and thus worn out fantasy setting. As a result, Oblivion was nice to look at but the world itself seemed pale and never really alive. This has changed drastically. The dungeons are way better designed and exspecially the natural caves are very unique and interesting. But the whole game seems more vibrant and polished to me. I liked Skyrim very much even though the story offers no real depth and the Ki does'nt deserve it's name.
GamersGlobal: Were your expectations met regarding the engine of Skyrim?
SureAi: The lighting is to be mentioned positively while the textures are often fuzzy. Some features like the "Radiant AI" system are interesting but not useful for our project.
GamersGlobal: In April 2011 you announced your new modification for TES:5. Have you enjoyed the game after all or have you always thought about the technical side of Skyrim in order to develop your mod?
Johannes: Both. It's a strange feeling when you walk through the world and see things and you think "Wow, we should do that too." At the same time I discovered many things where I realized that they could be solved better.
Martin: I've really enjoyed Skyrim, maybe even more because I already had the new project in mind. If I would discover a cool feature as a normal player, I would think "Hey, that's great," but when I see something interesting as a modder, I think: "Maybe I can create something even better!"
Jonas: Jonas: I enjoyed Skyrim, although sometimes under different perspectives: As a level designer im trying to imagine what can be done with the available objects, effects, and the general new possibilities.
GamersGlobal: Are you under pressure to succeed, since Nehrim was already a big success?
Johannes: I don't fear the pressure - our project isn't something completely new, it's more an evolution of Nehrim. We're trying to do many things better than we did in Nehrim whithout forgetting its strengths. While creating the world, we're giving as much attention to detail as we can. In Enderal, there won't be as many empty locations as they are in Nehrim in order to intensify the experience the player gets. The story will be in the style of Nehrim and the player will be able to make more decisions during the story. There is also a deeper and more elaborate skill system. If you liked Nehrim, you will also like Enderal - Shards of order.
Jonas: The newly joined modders have to fulfill high exspectations, which definitely creates pressure to succeed. We're not working on a small project. We're woking on a large project with many others and that's very motivating - you know the time you invested will "pay off".
GamersGlobal: Are there things that your fans want to see in Enderal - The Shards of Order?
Martin: We started a survey some time ago. The result was that most players wish more side-quests, more choices and alternative endings.
GamersGlobal: Keyword Technology: About three months ago Bethesda published the Creation Kit. How happy are you with the software, especially with the dependency on steam?
Johannes: The Steam-binding has both positive and negative sides. On the one hand, you can install Skyrim and the CK on every computer, on the other hand, it limits modders. The Creation Kit itself is indeed powerful, and some areas such as the level design go very smoothly by hand. But many features are broken, although they must have worked in the development of Skyrim (keywords "LOD", "NavMesh"). You can notice that the Creation Kit is not designed for the creation of complete conversions. The mere creation of an executable file master was a big hurdle for us.
GamersGlobal: Then tell us: What will happen in Enderal?
SureAI: With Enderal - The Shard of Order we will build on the events of Nehrim, however, the player assumes the role of a new avatar. You don't need to play Nehrim to realize what's going on. After the fall of the gods the world Vyn is struggling with political and spiritual issues. A new threat rises and in a mysterious way the player is involved into these events and trys to understand his role. He has to establish himself in the shattered society of Enderal and has to uncover the initially unknown threat.
GamersGlobal: Can you estimate the development time?
SureAI: In some areas we currently make much faster progress than in the development Nehrim. But because of the new features we can't set a release date. We work hard, but we prefer to quote 3D Realms: "It's done when it's done."
GamersGlobal: Can we expect professional speakers again?
SureAI: We already have one or two speakers but we don't know if we can find enough voice actors to dub every line of dialogue.
GamersGlobal: At every big project, there are things you like to do and things you try to do as late as possible. Also at this project?
Johannes: Many things are a lot of fun! Whether it comes to scripting features, implementing quests or building the world - everything is a creative process. The feeling that comes when one's own world gradually developes is simply indescribable. But there are also some very annoying things, wether the pathfinding Ai in Skyrim or the bugs in the Creation Kit.
Martin: It's great to see the world growing together. Personally I like the design and the implementation of new gameplay elements and also the realization of quests. Many small technical difficulties are troublesome, and creating the Pathgrid are not exciting. But after seeing the result of our work, the effort is worth it.
GamersGlobal: If you had the time and the resources, would you create something complet different from Enderal or Nehrim?
Nico: There are many visions - I would love to participate in the development of a cyberpunk or sci-fi RPG. with bombastic production, compelling story and great characters a la Mass Effect, an action-packed combat system in the style of Devil May Cry and an open, dark world like Fallout.
Johannes: I would like to bring the space simulation genre back to life and combine it with RPG elements. To create a deep science fiction universe. The plot would be very dark and a universal galactic Shout Down run, in which, whatever you do, the consequence at the end would be doomsday and destruction, or a bittersweet betrayal.
Jonas: I have a dark science-fiction setting in which I want to leave the player alone. Space itself can seem more threatening than any opponent, no matter how scary; isolated, alone and disoriented in a derelict space station in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by the infinity of space. So you could create a subtle fear, without using real monsters, aliens or mutants - until events pile up, so should not take place in an abandoned station. A cafeteria could be suddenly lit, although it can normally only be turned on manually. Or new messages in the communication center could be already marked as read. A science-fiction game in style of Amnesia - without weapons and the player would have only a chance to survive by fleeing.
GamersGlobal: Sounds as if this project won't be your last project. In the coming months, we wish you much success at the work for Enderal!
Nicolas Samuel
Writer
Writer
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 682 Mal

Great work, Numring. :) Thank you for that!
Hazzmat
Magier
Magier
Danksagung erhalten: 15 Mal

Wow I really appreciate what you have done for me thank you so much! Heck you made this account just so you could post this translation that's awesome! Anyway nice translation it's perfect it should be stickied so that any other non-Germans can read it too.

A question to the devs regarding the interview: ''In Enderal, there won't be as many empty locations as they are in Nehrim in order to intensify the experience the player gets.''

So this means there won't be any wilderness in Enderal? If that's the case that saddens me I always enjoyed the clean Nature in the Northreal and the tranquility of the east coast of the Middlerealm and of course Treomar.
MadHatter
Paladin
Paladin

Hello Hazzmat,

of course there will be wilderness in Enderal! We were talking about places that weren't filled with quests - In other words: With life in Nehrim. We are doing our best to change this for Enderal, so, at least if you wanted to, you would have something to do in all of its places - There would be credible life going on in every region. ;)

Greetings,

MadHatter :)

Edit: Totally forgot - Thanks Numring for translating that article! :)
Numring
Bettler
Bettler
Danksagung erhalten: 2 Mal

Yeah, I had problems translating this sentence correctly :D
Daniel
Erzmagistrat
Erzmagistrat
Danksagung erhalten: 22 Mal

Thanks for translating! It's always hard to understand when using google translate, everything gets lost and out of context. :)

Props! :thumbsup:

Great interview as well! :D
amxguy
Bettler
Bettler

This might not be the correct forum, but I was wondering if work and updates will continue on Nehrim, or does the start of Enderal mean that Nehrim is complete?

If Enderal is even half as good as Nehrim was, it will be awesome.

Thanks for all of your hard work and dedication.
Nicolas Samuel
Writer
Writer
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 682 Mal

We're not working on Nehrim anymore - We would like to continue improving it, but we simply don't have the capacities. :( We'll try to make up for it with Enderal! :)
Paneb
Bettler
Bettler
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

Hi here !
Just a post to thank Numring for the translation, I use it for mine in French (could be find there : http://www.confrerie-des-traducteurs.fr ... 31#p216431)

I'm one member of the french team which has translated Nehrim in French (well, a team... actually we were two :lol: ).
Currently we are correcting the translation and fixing some minors game's issues, a .exe will be soon available for french pleasure ^^ (the installation was made during the firt release by the english's one).
Anyway, we've planed to translate Enderal to, so keep the great work :thumbsup: .

And, it's me or it looks like far better than Skyrim ? :mrgreen:
10 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1