Enderal - The Shards of Order

Moderator: Moderatoren

10 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
Hazzmat
Magier
Magier
Danksagung erhalten: 15 Mal

In case who missed it here is the new website from SureAi's newest project: http://enderal.de/
I guess we can use this thread to discuss what media has been released for now?
Anyway the screenshots look awesome I can definitely see that SureAi is not following Skyrim's theme but is instead making an unique world!
I see a jungle tree so this probably means the story will take place in the Southream? I'm not sure we'll see. I'm astonished that you guys managed to already get this far so early I'm really looking forward to the rest. Thank you for making this for us!
Crosshair
Ordenskrieger
Ordenskrieger

Hazzmat hat geschrieben:
In case who missed it here is the new website from SureAi's newest project: http://enderal.de/
I guess we can use this thread to discuss what media has been released for now?
Yes, of course. Feel free to share all your thoughts in the Project 5 subforum.
diedericky
Bettler
Bettler
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

Just posted a video on my Youtube channel on Enderal:

http://youtu.be/2mczx4vmOGQ

I'm realy look forward to this new total conversion.

Is there a release date yet?
Hazzmat
Magier
Magier

Perhaps in 2-3 years they probably won't give a release until they're sure.

to the devs:Can you perhaps post a download of the song which you can hear on the website? I really like it.
Darkrael
Arkanmagier
Arkanmagier
Danksagung erhalten: 11 Mal

If the Creator of the Soundtrack doesnt give its Yes for Download or using you will not get it.
MA-Simon
Ordenskrieger
Ordenskrieger
Danksagung erhalten: 4 Mal

to the devs:Can you perhaps post a download of the song which you can hear on the website? I really like it.
Hey! Thank you! I enabled the download option for this track in SoundCloud, should be working by now.
Unfortunally it is named: ube.mp3 (due to SoundCloud upload difficulties with longer file names),
so feel free to rename it to: "Enderal: The Shards of Order - Website Ambience" :lol:
Hazzmat
Magier
Magier

Thank you I really appreciate it. Apparently the song was made already made six months ago :O
Nicolas Samuel
Writer
Writer
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 682 Mal

Yep, we decided to wait with the official announcement till we got some content to show, but we composed that piece very early. :)
Darkrael
Arkanmagier
Arkanmagier
Danksagung erhalten: 11 Mal

The track sounds like, something big and sadly will happen.
Sounds as if the world is broken!

Can't wait for more screenshots and music! :P
Daniel
Erzmagistrat
Erzmagistrat
Danksagung erhalten: 22 Mal

Ah, guys.. this will be the best fucking thing that'll ever come from the Creation Kit. I'm just so amazed by your work and it's awesome that you keep going. Too bad you can't sell your mods (/ TCS), I'd totally pay for Enderal if it would help you guys with the development. Maybe with TES: VI they'll allow micro-transactions for modders through the steam workshop / whatever mod release system they will use. Then you guys could get rich! 8)

I have a few questions, and suggestions though now that some information and the name of the title has been released. (I hope some some SureAI guys read the English section :o )

I want to make clear that I am in no way trying to tell you how to make your own game, I just have a few ideas that I think you would do well to atleast have a little look at and some things I'm sure you've already seen. I'm a long-time TES (since Morrowind) and Nehrim fan (albeit I found Nehrim a little while after you released it, I've played it for over 150 hours and have been anticipating all the patches as you've released them.)

1. Is the full name of your new title (yes, I think it works as a whole new game, just look at Nehrim! It's 10 times better than Oblivion! :D ) Enderal - The Shards of Order, or is it just normally Enderal? I guess you don't refer to the project internally as Enderal - Shards of Order all the time but just Enderal? Or is the "Shards of Order" very very important and a big part of the name?

2. I have no doubt that you'll make a great game, but judging from the few screenshots, I immediately think of a few things: first off, are you going to be making 2 different versions of Enderal based on computer specs? For example, one low-res and one hi-res version for those with better and stronger computers? Are you going to make a launcher á la Nehrim with built-in customization features so that players can change the visibility of actors/NPCs, items, grass, trees, LOD, shadows, memory loading, uGridstoLoad (although not used in Nehrim, I can see it being a great option in Enderal due to the huge performance impact it has for those who can use it!), etc etc? I realize it could be hard to make since there are so VERY many different ways to mod the graphics, but I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say that I would like an easy way to make Enderal look as good as possible to further increase the joy of playing your new title without spending 5+ hours experimenting with the .ini files for the best results.

I hope I'm not writing too much.. hehe. Anyhow. When looking at the screenshots, most importantly, number #4, "See" / Lake, what's up with the trees? I guess they are made by your team since I haven't seen them in Skyrim (maybe I have played too little? :( ) , though they look very "bethesda"-like. - What do I mean by Bethesdsa-like, you may wonder? Well, if you go into tfc-mode and get close, you can see that they look incredibly flat (the branches, etc.) and lack depth and width. While I understand that they have to be animated as well, it has to be possible to make them look less flat, right? The trees and vegetation look very weird in http://enderal.de/galery/See.jpg this picture. :? Which brings me to another question.

3. Are you going to use other modders' resources for this mod like you did with Nehrim?

Are you going to use a fully new made UI for the inventory, magic and favorites etc etc or are you going to ask permission to use SkyUI for Enderal? (http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/3863) I think a lot of players would appreciate using a better UI than the original one as it, frankly, sucked, even in comparison to Oblivion's UI. I have to say that I really liked the DarnUI version/other mod? of Oblivion's UI for Nehrim though, and that wouldn't be unwelcome either. Regarding graphical mods, there are a lot of nice things out there that for example fixes many or all of Bethesda's shortcomings, including their own high-res texture pack, but are you going to ask permission to use Vurt's Flora Overhaul? It truly is the best mod out there for changing the ugly vegetation that is everywhere in Skyrim and perhaps he could fix those trees? http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/141

I'm also curious as to whether you are going to use any form of shouts in Enderal? I guess not since they, and the word walls, are in no way relatable to Vyn, but still. Better to ask than be silent if you're writing a huge post anyway. :)

4. Are you going to completely ignore the use of Radiant Quests? I could see it as a viable option for a few adventurous-npc types doing whatever people do in Enderal, needing a little bit of help. I don't mean implement it into everything everywhere all over the place, just as little side-quests. You wrote in the interview with Gamerglobal that you don't like immersion-breaking quests for example when an elder asks you to get the ashes of his son or w/e, but since you're the ones making the quests you can easily make quests that fit in your world, to your story and avoid such fails.

5. I realize I'm asking a lot of questions, but I'm really excited and curious to what you're going to do! Are you going to use new assets, graphics and improvements to Skyrim brought in by DLC such as Dawnguard into Enderal?

I realize that could be shifty due to copyright issues, but still. You had horse armor in Nehrim! :) Are there going to be completely new mounts as well or things like the sabre cat mount which one of your graphics (?) artists made early on for Skyrim? I, for one, really liked that addition. His other new mounts look sweet too!

6. What races will there be?

I guess we'll see the Alemanne, Normanne, Aeterna, Star-people albeit not all being playable races, just like in Nehrim? Many new creatures and additional monsters? There is a pretty huge mod out there at the moment which could help with the process of getting new textures, namely the fresh Skyrim Monster Mod. Just throwing it out there if you ever need some inspiration. :) (http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/9694)

7. Will it be possible for any of us English writing people to help with the translation or anything else of the game? I realize you keep everything secret secret but come alpha/beta, perhaps you could choose a dedicated few like kassandra for example? She's done a truly AMAZING job on the Nehrim Wiki and I'm completely certain she wouldn't spoil anything to the public were she given the chance to help you guys. Having proofreaders would help increase the quality of the translation and the major parts of writing in the game leading to a better experience for everyone.

8. Are there going to be new features included?

I guess you've seen the russian mod team working on Andoran: Prologue? One such feature I'm thinking about is for example seasonal foliage, new types of mini-games, clever puzzles like you had in Nehrim, etc. Fishing? Farming - other than clicking E to harvest X in 1 second? Perhaps having farming increase strength over-time as a buff or something in addition to yielding food, plants, vegetables or other items? There's a rather clever mod called Food Effects (http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... earchtext=) that would vastly improve the game by adding additional effects to normal food and also ENCOURAGING the player to actually give a shit about what they eat and not just relying on health potions or eating all food instantly for weak healing. It's a great way to make you more careful about what you pick up and put in your mouth. There are a few negative side effects in that mod, but I'm 99,99% sure that you can spice it up by adding food that looks the same but is e.g poisoned or spiked with something making it dangerous/beneficial. There are a lot of great mods out there that improve Skyrim so much that I feel obliged to atleast tip you about a few of them here since it'd help Enderal become an even better game than everyone initially thought.

Reaching rather monstrous levels of questions now, so I guess I'll say thanks and return another day when I have more on my mind! I hope you can answer at least some of the questions above! :D

Schöne Sommer und frohe Sommerferien zu alle in die SureAI-Team! :thumbsup:
10 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1