Adding or Changing Affinities

Moderator: Moderatoren

6 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
badgesareus
Schicksalsknechter
Schicksalsknechter
Danksagung erhalten: 133 Mal

I had an old save with 17 unused memory points, so I did some experimenting and found out some interesting things. First, it is possible to have 2 affinities at the same time. I had "Well-travelled one", boosted elementalist + Vandal, and added the affinity Battle Mage.

Another test, I started with Arcane Archer (shown as arcane arrow on the P screen), boosted Vagrant and added "Well-travelled one." Then, I boosted Vandal to 10 points and got the message that I could replace Well-travelled one with a new affinity Battle Mage. 3 options: Maintain old, accept new, or maintain old and stop showing this message. I chose maintain, but then even if I went back and added points to Elementalist & Vandal, when I returned to the normal world, there was no repeat of the message offering to change affinities; so it seems that choosing "maintain" has the same effect as choosing "maintain and stop showing this message."

Did all this again and "accepted" Battle Mage to replace WTO (still had arcane archer, too). Then I boosted Thaumaturge to 10 points, and since I already had 10+ points in Vandal, I should have been offered to switch to Seraph, but no such message. I even increased Thaumaturge to more points than I had in Elementalist, but still no offer of Seraph. So it seems that there is some system of prioritizing affinities when multiple affinities are possible. That is, Elem + Vandal = Battlemage, Thaum + Vandal = Seraph; but if I have 10+ points in Elem, Thaum, and Vandal, I can only get Battlemage, never Seraph, even if I have more points in Thaum than in Elem.

Did it again, adding WTO to Arcane Archer. Then added points to Sinistrope and got the offer to change WTO to Black Mage. Accepted that. Boosted Infiltrator to 10 and got offer to swap Black Mage to Shadow Dancer. Accepted. Then I boosted Elementalist 1 point, but still got no offer to switch again back to Black Mage.

So, whenever I had arcane archer first and WTO second, and then boosted some class to receive an offer to swap affinities, it was always an offer to swap WTO and never an offer to swap arcane archer. Perhaps that is because I had arcane archer first, or perhaps there is some other system of prioritizing affinities at work.

I tried once more, a save with the WTO affinity. I had 10+ points in all 3 rogue classes. Added 11 points to Elem so I should have had Arcane Archer added, but no. Likewise, added 10 points to Thaum but still no arcane archer. Then reloaded the same save and added 10 points in Blade Dancer and immediately received a new affinity Assassin (while keeping WTO). Go figure, I give up.
Stefanie
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 425 Mal

Can you give us a Savegame (or more)?
Otherwise, you may also write the same in the bug tracker.
http://sureai.net:9898/secure/Dashboard.jspa
Buccaneer
Paladin
Paladin
Danksagung erhalten: 41 Mal

17.05.2018 20:40badgesareus hat geschrieben:
Go figure, I give up.
Nice analysis but yeah, it was a system for me that didn't make a lot of sense. My main problem was exactly how to the bow/sword damages and armor ratings were affected by the affinities. The numbers did not seem to add up unless there were some overlaps that prevented 1:1 stacking or hidden ratings.
badgesareus
Schicksalsknechter
Schicksalsknechter

Stefanie, do you think this is a bug? I assumed it was intentionally designed this way to avoid conflicts. For example, if one has 10 points in elementalist and 10 points in vagrant, those two do not form an affinity. Then, if you raise trickster to 10 points, you could theoretically form both arcane archer and well-travelled-one, so there must be some method for assigning a preference to one or the other.

Is having two affinities at the same time a bug? I have been able to do this with 3 different saves from 3 separated playthroughs (19 Aug 2016, 30 Apr 2017, 22 Sept 2017). I don't have any 2018 playthroughs with enough extra memory points to experiment. Does anyone else have 2 affinities at the same time?
Dateianhänge
Enderal 2 aff WTO AA.jpg
Enderal 2 aff WTO AA.jpg (69.94 KiB) 2764 mal betrachtet
Enderal 2 aff SD AA.jpg
Enderal 2 aff SD AA.jpg (72.1 KiB) 2764 mal betrachtet
Enderal 2 aff AA BlkMage.jpg
Enderal 2 aff AA BlkMage.jpg (84.28 KiB) 2764 mal betrachtet
Stefanie
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 425 Mal

At least I would not rule out a bug.
I know as I said not the exact script behind it and do not know exactly what is intended, but think that the Dev's would look at it again?
Your old save with 17 unused memory points could be interesting for that.

EDIT:
I hear now, the Affinity system has already been adjusted by the updates.
But this does not affect older scores, but unfortunately that does not fix it.
badgesareus
Schicksalsknechter
Schicksalsknechter

Since this is an old file and they have made some changes to the way affinities work, it probably doesn't matter. But if someone wants to take a look, here is the save with 17 unused memory points:
Dateianhänge
Save 939 - Bilbosonn Haus Eichenblick 79.59.17.zip
(2.72 MiB) 68-mal heruntergeladen
6 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1