My First Impressions, and Thoughts

Moderator: Moderatoren

4 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
AzureTheGamerKobold
Bettler
Bettler

While i'm still early on in this modification i'm pretty stoked for it, and intro has me at least interested but i will say there is ONE issue i do have with the it so far. Maybe it's just me, or maybe i cant appreciate the world for what it is yet but for a long time D&D nerd, and having played alot of RPG's since the ultima days... is something i've come to expect with RPG's today. Now i realize that this was kind of a fan project and i'm not trying to take away from what it is and has done because i think its great!

But with that said the race selection was very very very poor, you essentially had 4 different brands of human... which while some might love it as a big RPG fan i was immediatly off put. Attempts to insert my own race into the game failed, i realized i had to make do with what i had...which essentially made me cringe. If there was one thing i loved about skyrim it was my ability to just mod a race to visually be appealing...between the really ugly avatars(this is think is just an issue with the engine) and inability to fix it to a degree i liked i feel like i'm missing out on a great adventure...

All in all i just thought i'd say that, next time you do something like this consider your races as a big big BIG part of the project. Because while 4 is plenty to choose from...when its essentially white human, brown human, bulky human, short human it is very much disheartening for someone wanting any kind of variety... and variety is the spice of life.
urst
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 620 Mal

welcome to the forum :)

and yeah, that's the world's setting. Has been since 2003, four games ;)
beast races don't make any sense there.
you can grab RaceMenu, that's compatible (be really careful with mods otherwise),
and there might be a mods to insert Nirn's Races, never looked for something like that.
there was one for Nehrim.
dyslexicfaser
Ritter
Ritter
Danksagung erhalten: 228 Mal

Speaking as somebody who usually plays Orcs and occasionally Argonians in Skyrim, I don't mind the limited race selection. I think it's pretty indicative of Enderal's priorities as a game.

Bethesda created a world that's exciting and pretty, but only skin deep in a lot of places. Orcs are supposed to be these oppressed minorities that live in their own little enclaves, right? Powerful warriors and talented smiths, but nobody wants the greenskins around. Gotta get me some of that, I said. But even as an Orc there's only a couple quests involving those enclaves and very few named NPCs. People didn't discriminate against me. I didn't feel like an Orc.

Comparatively, the politics of Enderal feels a lot deeper. Each one of the races has their own culture, and it gets referenced a fair bit. Politics matter. Also, Enderaleans are elitist dicks.

I feel more like an Orc as a half-Qyranian (black human) than I ever did as a Skyrim Orc.
AzureTheGamerKobold
Bettler
Bettler

After playing for like 3-4 hours i have roughly the same opinion as i did when i started... its a solid conversion full of great ideas and concepts but unfortunately... the lack of any interesting race choices sort of kills it for me. As much as i want to keep playing i'm not sure i would bother when i can swap back to base game and enjoy so much diversity... Enderal feels good but, i just find stories and plots where everyone is human just kind of dull... its a personal thing i guess. I want to give it a chance but everytime i zoom out i'm reminded how much i dislike my character...
4 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1