The Vyn Timeline [SPOILERS]

Moderator: Moderatoren

4 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
speedxgrapher
Schurke
Schurke

Hello to all the wanderers of Vyn! I trust you are having as much of a blast with it as I am. Before getting to my question, many, many congratulations are in order to the SureAI team, who have once more delivered an amazing and immersive game.

To me, story is everything and there's much to be said about a story's consistency. I have played Nehrim three or four times, read every book of lore, listened to every bit of dialogue. I am currently maybe halfway through Enderal's story, but there are some things I have noticed which pause a very important question concerning the timeline.

In Nehrim, we are told the story takes place in 1017 TR, that is 1017 years after Treomar's fall, which the Lightborn assaulted in their efforts to capture Narathzul Arantheal. We are told that, after Arantheal was captured, he was imprisoned for a thousand years, until the future Shadow God (i.e. the player) frees him.

Now, here's the glitch: Enderal supposedly takes place some 2-3 years after Nehrim: At Fate's Edge and Tealor Arantheal, Narathzul's father and Grandmaster of the Holy Order, repeatedly says he was imprisoned for 30 years inside the Forgotten Fortress.

Hence, my question is this: is this some sort of timeline oversight, retcon, or will everything be explained at the end of Enderal? In the last instance, I do not need an answer as to HOW it is explained.
MyLongestJourney
Schwertmeister
Schwertmeister
Danksagung erhalten: 7 Mal

or will everything be explained at the end of Enderal?
No,this is is not explained.At least no direct answer is given.Unfortunately I can not give you my take on this supposed timeline conflict without spoiling the rest of the game.
Hazzmat
Magier
Magier
Danksagung erhalten: 15 Mal

It's a retcon. Naratzhul's rebellion now happened much later instead of the 1000 years before. He seemed to be ''undead'' in Nehrim and this too was changed in Enderal.
speedxgrapher
Schurke
Schurke

Thanks people! :) I would like a confirmation from the SureAI crew, if anyone is reading this. I forge on! Currently in Old Iniath.
4 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1