Skyrim's engine is awful

Moderator: Moderatoren

5 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
Graydar2
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

Hi,

Once upon a time I started modding my Skyrim playthrough. Hardcore mods, realistic needs, difficulty, spell/weapons revamps, new creatures, cloaks, heat, camping.. and Skyrim fucked it up. I couldn't get the instant kills to stop happening to I always died when I got hit by something that was close to killing me. I got pissed off and quit.

With Enderal, this is more apparent. Crashing, instant kills, items flying everywhere when you open a door because the physics can't handle 60 fps, fucked up AI (is that an arrow sticking out of my face? Must have been the wind), it gets a little infuriating after a while.

The resuable assets from Skyrim, established systems you could build on and a healthy base of people who'd check out the mod are pluses, but by gum, but are the limitations of the engine worth all of that?

Semi-related; Port Nehrim and Enderal to Unreal Engine 4 some time. :P
stuemper
Enderal Team
Enderal Team
Schwarzer Wächter
Schwarzer Wächter
Danksagung erhalten: 1240 Mal

The engine can handle 60 FPS but can't handle 100+ FPS. Download a FPS Limiter and you should be good to go (in Skyrim and Enderal).
BigElectricCat
Sterndeuter
Sterndeuter
Danksagung erhalten: 16 Mal

Graydar2 hat geschrieben:
The resuable assets from Skyrim, established systems you could build on and a healthy base of people who'd check out the mod are pluses, but by gum, but are the limitations of the engine worth all of that?
Heh. You forgot to mention an unstable CK that crashes half the time. ; )

Thought I was fairly competent in making "Go here, get this & here's your treasure" type mods.

Then find out what these guys can do. Woah!

All the more amazing achievement (imo) that they pulled it off with Skyrim & its CK! :)
BradDillard
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

The Creation Engine is old, or at least based on an old, archaic engine. I hope Bethesda will create something new and big, not just rebrand that engine again.
MrParadise
Gauner
Gauner
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

In my opinion, Enderal works much better then Skyrim, they improved the engine and just added the mods which are compatible to each other.
My computer isn´t the best, but I play it with 60 FPS, no lags, and less crashes then skyrim.

I would love to see Enderal on PS4, but that will never be realizable.

They did a good job (Bethesda), but the PS4 version is much better then the PC version, but in Enderal you don´t need any mods, but where would we stand now, when Betehsda won´t created such a game?
5 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1