Moderator: Moderatoren

12 Beiträge Seite 2 von 2
FashyAmeriNord
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

BigElectricCat hat geschrieben:
Good conversation starter.

Have always liked "Ranger" class characters way back from Dungeons & Dragons. That game of course featured a story-teller (dungeon master) and players who rolled weird looking dice. We had our Nerd Books and players wrote stuff down on-- get this-- tree paper! : D
I've thrown quite a few polygonal dice back in the day as well. :thumbsup:

Had a nice little library of hard backed manuals, peuter figurines, reams of paper, a box of pencils w/sharpener and a briefcase to carry it all to whom ever was hosting at their parents house that day.

Good times!

"WHAT KIND OF SWORD DO I NEED TO KILL YOUR FUCKING DRUID!" my friend once said to his bully of a Dungeon Master older brother who would drop a high level druid into the game to fuck with us.

His brother replied, "A plus 82 sword."

From that point on, when faced with a problem in real life, he would say, "If I only had a plus 82 sword!" :lol:

I just started this yesterday and have mostly been wandering and lost in the wilderness so far. I'll post later when I develop my character a bit more.
BigElectricCat
Sterndeuter
Sterndeuter
Danksagung erhalten: 16 Mal

FashyAmeriNord hat geschrieben:
"WHAT KIND OF SWORD DO I NEED TO KILL YOUR FUCKING DRUID!" my friend once said to his bully of a Dungeon Master older brother who would drop a high level druid into the game to fuck with us.

His brother replied, "A plus 82 sword."

From that point on, when faced with a problem in real life, he would say, "If I only had a plus 82 sword!" :lol:
Heh! Bet no one played his dungeons after that. :lol:

Funny you should mention druid, because I was running one once & funny how things do stick.

DM mentioned a dragon, but don't think he expected us to try to kill it.

"No guts no glory!"

We go in anyway & I cast a 10000 HP "Insect Plague" or something.

Clearly frustrated, DM spends a long time looking up this spell... Finally his verdict.

"You shouldn't have listened to the druid. Yes it does say 10000, but they have spread out and are only worth 100 by the time they get there."

<howls of protest>

"RPG does not mean Rigged Pointless Gaming."

"Ooooh! Good burn! DM can mean Dumb Moron... "

(Nerds can get snarky)

After that, if something was unfair or bogus... "That's a 10000 hit point dragon"

Anyway, enjoy the game! :)
12 Beiträge Seite 2 von 2