How hard can it be?

Moderator: Moderatoren

7 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
JorJor_the_Dinosaur
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

First, I am really bad at games. No matter how hard I try. I've accepted that. But usually I can put a game on easy mode and get by. But Enderal... I feel like I'm playing Dark Souls. I cannot survive a single enemy, from rats to bandits. My character doesn't even swing her sword half the time. Does anyone have any advice? I really want to play Enderal, but if I continue to die in every. single. battle. I am going to smash my computer. :dead: :dead: :dead:

K thanks!
Hazzmat
Magier
Magier
Danksagung erhalten: 15 Mal

Maybe it's an issue with your computer. Playing with low fps makes it harder to fight.
Glycerin
Arkanmagier
Arkanmagier
Danksagung erhalten: 53 Mal

It is intersting to see that the reactions range from "too easy" to "too hard" with little in between.
In my experience mage characters are a bit easier to play because the spells are quite powerful compared to regular weapons. It is also a good idea, mage or not, to summon something so your opponents get something else to hit first. In combat you should move around a lot or run backwards while using ranged attacks, most enemies are rather slow.
I hope that helps a bit, because you would miss a great story if you let the fighting issues discourage you.
Zuletzt geändert von Glycerin am 23.08.2016 21:06, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
klinsk
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

This game is incredibly hard even on Novice, you're still limited by Magicka use cuz of the Arcane feverthing which kinda ruins the gameplay for me. I'm level 4 and getting my ass wooped by practically everything. I took a stroll with Nehrim (on standard [50] difficulty).

EDIT: I also have a bunch of learning points I can't use cuz I don't have enough money to BUY the books (seems a bit unbalanced). But it's a great game overall, I think it's getting time to get used to.
Plectrius
Schurke
Schurke

Hi,

I don't know how experienced you are with RPGs, Enderal follows old school rules, you start weak then you grow powerful as you level up. The trick is to manage the best you can your first level-ups, some basic advice:

There is a bunch of quests at the beginning that don't involve a lot of combat, talk to every one to spot them.
You also have to use the best gear you can depending on your build.
You don't have to fight every enemy you encounter, if it's too dangerous RUN !
Take advantage of the terrain, you can climb up easily pretty much anything allowing you to take down foes from safety spots.
Invest wisely your discipline/skill points depending on the character you want to build.
Use sneak attacks for the critical damage.
Use summoned creatures to distract enemies.
Always have a lot of potions/food.
Don't rush the game, some areas are populated with very nasty enemies, spend sometime in the first area, loot, level-up do quests and you'll gain enough levels to increase you survivability.

Good luck !
Glycerin
Arkanmagier
Arkanmagier
Danksagung erhalten: 53 Mal

klinsk hat geschrieben:
This game is incredibly hard even on Novice, you're still limited by Magicka use cuz of the Arcane feverthing which kinda ruins the gameplay for me.
Arcane Fever isn't as dangerous as it may seem. Where spells are concerned only healing spells will raise it, every other type spell is fine, including the absorb life spell.
The other thing that raises Arcane Fever are healing potions, but only those you find or buy. If you make them yourself or use food for health regeneration, you can do without them.
klinsk hat geschrieben:
EDIT: I also have a bunch of learning points I can't use cuz I don't have enough money to BUY the books (seems a bit unbalanced). But it's a great game overall, I think it's getting time to get used to.
There is no need to buy skill books right away. Skill levels have only little impact on your actual gameplay. Later on money shouldn't be a problem anymore, so you can buy your books then.
pcoutin
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

I'm level 14 or so now. Mostly Vandal (2 handed), heavy armor with 1 memory or so on Keeper, 4 or so memories on each of Elementarist and Sinistrope. Female not-Redguard (forgot already... half-Quagarrian? Something like that) if it makes a difference.. using a Rune greatsword at the moment.

My 2 handed skill is not over 30, probably 25 or 27 or something. Still not sure of how I'll make money... I've put some in the bank. Maybe I'll try stealing stuff and selling it to the fence in the Undercity. Or find that guy with the 10k bounty.

Playing in Adept difficulty. Pretty modest computer, Radeon HD 4850 512mb, some AMD processor, 8 gigs of ram.. get around 20fps.

It's pretty hard but it's doable. Not too much of a challenge to the point that it's impossible, I do get killed from time to time. The only part that was ridiculously hard so far was that giant spider in a cabin in that mission of the island to the southeast of Enderal, someone's son. Freaking thing killed me in 2 hits, I had to come into the cabin, swing an axe at it once, leave, wait for the battle music and sneak eye to go away, eat food ,wait to get healed, rinse and repeat.

There were some skeletons that kept killing me too. And the not-Draugr are pretty OP, so for now I just avoid them or try to use tactics of running away to try to separate them and take them 1 by 1 or the rather ridiculous getting in a position that they run against an obstacle, not moving while I'm on a rock filling them with dozens of arrows. I just recently learned to do the block+LMB to cancel an enemies' power attack.. sometimes I also run backwards while spewing fire or throwing fireballs or lightning.

I have to keep eating food. Healing spells are useless, I use potions when I'm getting killed but try to avoid it. From Skyrim I am mostly used to sneaking and using a bow and then charging once I'm discovered...
7 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1