Skills?? What do they do??

Moderator: Moderatoren

21 Beiträge Seite 1 von 3
mmimzie
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

So i did lots of exploring and got lots of book too boost some of my key skills, but i can't seem to tell what they do?? What does your skill level effect??
Xagul
Schattengott
Schattengott
Danksagung erhalten: 67 Mal

To give you some easy examples:

- melee skill: higher damage dealt with melee weapons
- heavy armor skill: higher armor protection values
- enchanting skill: better the quality of enchanted items
- crafting skill: better quality of crafted items and improvements are better
- rhetoric: sells and buy for better prices + have special options in some dialogues.
kalarro
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

But they don't seem to work. For example, spells have numbers which look dynamic, like elemental spells damage, or mental spells duration. I thought it was obvious that increasing skill points would raise those numbers. But it doesn't. After increasing Elementarism by 5 levels, all my spells do the same damage....
kalarro
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

I'm searching everywhere online and I don't find anything about this. I'd say it's something pretty major. Skills not improving your spells is like the whole class system not working. I'm not saying it isn't, maybe it's a tooltip bug, and spells are beeing imrpoved. But I don't understand how I don't find any posts about this.
Nicolas Samuel
Writer
Writer
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 682 Mal

Mostly, skills in Enderal function the same way they function in Skyrim - a higher level in Elementarism significantly lowers the mana cost of elementarism spells, which in return increases your damage output, as mana is very sparse. Actually, the mouse over text in the Hero Menu should provide you with an explanation of what exactly raising a skill does. We added that quite late in the development of the German version, so maybe it got lost in the English one?
kalarro
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

Nicolas Samuel hat geschrieben:
Mostly, skills in Enderal function the same way they function in Skyrim - a higher level in Elementarism significantly lowers the mana cost of elementarism spells, which in return increases your damage output, as mana is very sparse. Actually, the mouse over text in the Hero Menu should provide you with an explanation of what exactly raising a skill does. We added that quite late in the development of the German version, so maybe it got lost in the English one?
Thanks for the explanation. The hero menu tooltip doesn't have that info in english.

I would prefer damage/duration spell scaling tbh, mana cost reduction doesn't feel very desirable (same in vanilla). There are some numbers on spell descriptions, that look dynamic. Increasing those numbers with skill level would feel much cooler.

Then again, either the game is very easy (which i read from others it isnt) or magic is totally OP. I raised the difficulty to Master, and I'm still owning everything. If I wanted, my summoned bear would kill everything. But even with just elemental spells, running speed is so fast that I can kite everything by just walking back and never get hit. For ranged enemies I just sidestep fast too.

Don't get me wrong, I'm LOVING the "mod". I'm posting everywhere that I can't even believe how good it is.
SaintSC
Bettler
Bettler

I leveled one handed 15 points all at once from 20 to 35. The actual shown damage isn't improved on my weapons. Does it effect damage in the background when I attack? Do I need to level it up more? I'm just not noticing any difference.
Zuletzt geändert von stuemper am 24.08.2016 01:00, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Grund: Merged.
Arctiq
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

How do the different points work in this game? It is never explained. I know memory points are for skill trees, but what about crafting and learning? I have 22 learning points and 15 crafting points and I don't know how to use them.
Zuletzt geändert von stuemper am 24.08.2016 01:01, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Grund: Merged.
Kimmuriel
Krieger
Krieger
Danksagung erhalten: 2 Mal

Arctiq hat geschrieben:
How do the different points work in this game? It is never explained. I know memory points are for skill trees, but what about crafting and learning? I have 22 learning points and 15 crafting points and I don't know how to use them.
you can use them up with those scrolls you can find or buy from almost any merchant
Arctiq
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

can you elaborate, please?
21 Beiträge Seite 1 von 3