Arktwend & OpenMW

TC für The Elder Scrolls III - Morrowind

Moderator: Moderatoren

3 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
huggin
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

Hello,
To play Arktwend on openMW could be interesting to me, more resolutions, better control of the fog, ... :lol:
By trying I found there some bugs and could not got out of the taverna (second sceen, only getting by saving and reload). :cry:
I asked the poeple from openMW about the problems and they gave me the answere, that Arktwendcould be more tha an normal mod.
So I would like to ask what were changed from Morrowind to Arktwend?
Maybe it could be possible to edit the Arktwend esm on the openMW Constructor to get it run under openMW?

Both projects together would be in my point of view a perfect coupple!

Could some one give me some help?

Thanks
huggin
Guar Kamole
Schurke
Schurke
Danksagung erhalten: 2 Mal

I tried running it with a relatively current version of OpenMW as well. I could exit the monastery by finding a specific spot behind the gates that allowed me to activate them but the tavern was completely bugged because the scripted events did not work and every one was sitting above the chairs if sitting at all.

I was not able to progress any further, I'm not sure if you were because I don't understand what you wrote in parantheses.

Maybe some of it depends on the MW script extender, which would be relatively bad news. Another possibility would be that the vanilla engine simply accepted faulty code that OpenMW does not handle well. I think that can be tested but I don't know how, somehow you can get the script compiler or something to tell you what's wrong with the code.
I'm sure that faulty code or dependencies on Morrowind bugs are a major part of the current incompatibility.

Another difference to vanilla Morrowind is that Arktwend uses the FPS optimizer, if I remember correctly, though that shouldn't matter. The .exe file is probably changed, which could lead to some problems.

You are out of luck and I don't think anything substantial is going to change in the coming years if there is not a large number of modders and programmers who want to make Arktwend compatible or even an OpenArktwend, something I'd wish for with only free assets, -both possibilities are very unlikely, though, since even OpenMW has a very small number of devs who stick around.
huggin
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

I had the same experience with the sitting poeple on the tables and the standing poeple at the monastry. I could leaving the monastry only by opening the doors and saving the game after reloading it I could continue to the Pub. At the pub this saving & reload method did not work. In this way continuing was not possible.
The walls and doors in the Monastry were all open and I felt into the water sorounding the area. by playing it with the original all were looking fine.

One idea from my side would - if I could finde some time - to load the map & scripts with the openMW-CS (it is in a early stage) and maybe be doing some "small" changes and resave it getting it running fine on openMW. But it would be helpfull to know the differenses behind.

Would be nice if someone with more experience than me could help about.
3 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1