Enderal launch trailer released

Moderator: Moderatoren

136 Beiträge Seite 10 von 14
mindw0rk
Hauptmann
Hauptmann
Danksagung erhalten: 10 Mal

badgesareus hat geschrieben:
-health and mana dont regen as fast as in Skyrim. Thats great for me, I want all those potions matter.
Because of the "fever" constraints, I've found that food is probably at least as important as potions. In fact, I get a bit paranoid about using any potions because of the fever.
What fever? How does it work? And what exactly food does?
badgesareus
Schicksalsknechter
Schicksalsknechter
Danksagung erhalten: 133 Mal

Along with the normal bars for health, mana and stamina, there is also an "arcanic fever" bar. When you use a potion, you get slightly ill from the magic (I guess that is one way to describe it) and the fever level increases a few percent. [this happens if you use healing potions, I don't know about other ones.] There are also some locations where there are glowing crystals of some sort that will increase the fever quite rapidly. When you reach a certain level (I think around 40% but not sure exactly) there is a warning that some of your stats are affected negatively. If you reach 100% you die. There is a potion you can take to reduce the fever (ambrosia), but it is uncommon early on. I've read there are some merchants who sell it but I haven't met one yet. This is to keep you from spamming potions, but it also made me very cautious to use them unless desperate.

That is why food is useful, as it can heal your health, albeit slowly. Some foods heal more than others, and some regen health for a short time even after healing. So I recommend you save all the food you find (I know in most RPGs I used to ignore all the apples, potatoes, etc., but here I take every one.) I think there are also foods (mushrooms maybe) that regen mama, but I haven't been using magic so I'm not sure. There are also recipes (as in Skyrim) for things like roasts, casseroles, etc. that you can cook at certain places, and those have better and longer effects.

This also means that sleeping is important, as that can heal your health and mana (but NOT your fever), but you can only sleep in a bed (which includes sleeping bags at camps), so I suggest that you remember where you find them, so you can return to the nearest one if necessary.
mindw0rk
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Thanks for explanation, looks interesting. Few percent of fever for just using any pot looks abit too harsh imo. Im glad that food is useful though. I thought its just cosmetic in Enderal. Looks like bandages in Skyrim: The Journey modpack
badgesareus
Schicksalsknechter
Schicksalsknechter
Danksagung erhalten: 133 Mal

I don't know if the fever is increased by using all potions, or only certain ones, but the type of healing potions that one typically might spam during a fight certainly will increase it. I took a careful look and some healing potions actually carry a warning that they will increase the fever, so maybe some do not. It will no doubt be much clearer when the English version comes out.
OisteriO
Bettler
Bettler

Hazzmat
Magier
Magier
Danksagung erhalten: 15 Mal

Any news or update on how the translation is coming along?
D_Atom
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

Any word on the English Version? I'm going to be doing a Let's Play on this when it's released over at Atom Gaming on YouTube! Cant wait! :)
stuemper
Enderal Team
Enderal Team
Schwarzer Wächter
Schwarzer Wächter
Danksagung erhalten: 1240 Mal

Nico worked 10 hours yesterday on the EV. It's in the making. :)
mindw0rk
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Tilliboy hat geschrieben:
Nico worked 10 hours yesterday on the EV
Not enough! :evil:
Caleb8980
Enderal Team
Enderal Team
Weltenwandeler
Weltenwandeler
Danksagung erhalten: 138 Mal

mindw0rk hat geschrieben:
Tilliboy hat geschrieben:
Nico worked 10 hours yesterday on the EV
Not enough! :evil:
I tend to agree :evil:

All of us are robots sitting in front of the PC 24/7, hence at least 20 hours should be allocated to Enderal per day!
136 Beiträge Seite 10 von 14