Enderal launch trailer released

Moderator: Moderatoren

136 Beiträge Seite 8 von 14
Sancez
Paladin
Paladin
Danksagung erhalten: 20 Mal

penguinized hat geschrieben:
In the german forum, Johannes (aka Metaonite) wrote that they have already uploaded the launcher and the patch, but the launcher can't connect to the server for patching (due to too much load, you probably noticed that the server was down for some minutes....). So, they decided to wait until the people stop to reload every second and "DDOS" the server. ... so, will be later :(
I read it on facebook with google translator but I couldn't understand where they uploaded it. Btw, I don't think the people will stop reloading until they manage to actually download it. °_°

EDIT: just release the launcher and the patch on nexus to keep the traffic away from the site, so people will stop realoded here.
penguinized
Krieger
Krieger
Danksagung erhalten: 2 Mal

The problem is: The patch will be downloaded and installed by the launcher, the same way it worked with Nehrim or idk, LoL or MMOs. So, if the launcher can't download and install the patch, the game does not work.

And the launcher is no problem, it is less than 10MB big. The patch on the other hand, 100MB.
Sancez
Paladin
Paladin

The problem is: The patch will be downloaded and installed by the launcher, the same way it worked with Nehrim or idk, LoL or MMOs. So, if the launcher can't download and install the patch, the game does not work.

And the launcher is no problem, it is less than 10MB big. The patch on the other hand, 100MB.
So it can't be installed or downloaded manually? That sucks.
penguinized
Krieger
Krieger

It is... on the other hand, a solution where "the launcher does everything" is better with so many interested people who do not all have the same technical skill and would need support because "something does not work, but I did everything as you told me!".
I hope they will later release a final version that does not need patching. But for the release, the servers will have less stress if only the patch is to be downloaded, not the whole mod.
Sancez
Paladin
Paladin

It is... on the other hand, a solution where "the launcher does everything" is better with so many interested people who do not all have the same technical skill and would need support because "something does not work, but I did everything as you told me!".
I hope they will later release a final version that does not need patching. But for the release, the servers will have less stress if only the patch is to be downloaded, not the whole mod.
Eheheh, 8 gb of download with a launcher would never worked, even blizzard WoW did crash sometimes. :)

Btw, I noticed the post on facebook was deleted, I hope that means the problem is solved.. but I have no idea where the launcher is supposed to be downloaded from.
penguinized
Krieger
Krieger

There is http://enderal.com/. On this page, you are guided through the installation steps, step 2 is "Launcher"; but there is no download link for the launcher yet.
Sancez
Paladin
Paladin

There is http://enderal.com/. On this page, you are guided through the installation steps, step 2 is "Launcher"; but there is no download link for the launcher yet.
Thanks for the info! I hope to find it downloadable when I wake up tomorrow :(
Sancez
Paladin
Paladin

I was going to bed then it happened. :D

http://m.memegen.com/e03f6b.jpg
mindw0rk
Hauptmann
Hauptmann
Danksagung erhalten: 10 Mal

Just as I thought, having Enderal released and not being able to play due to language barrier is a torture. Needs sub asap :dead:
Blackstar347
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

mindw0rk hat geschrieben:
Just as I thought, having Enderal released and not being able to play due to language barrier is a torture. Needs sub asap :dead:
I know that feel. I'm playing and got out of the tutorial but I wish I knew what anybody was saying. I'm content to run around the world a bit though just to get a feel for it. The game runs great much better than Nehrim!
136 Beiträge Seite 8 von 14