Moderator: Moderatoren

14 Beiträge Seite 1 von 2
Nicolas Samuel
Writer
Writer
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 682 Mal

There hasn't been any actual Ingame-material from Enderal for quite some time now - This primarily had to with the fact that we wanted to wait until we could really present something new. We have took the critique of several users to the heart and enhanced the previously sparsely placed and undetailed Flora of Enderal. Furthermore, we're currently in an intense stage of the development, in which the Levels are being filled with Quests and Gameplay-Elements. And we're making good progress! The first, big region of Enderal will be finished in a couple of days, including dungeons, enemies, quests, loot and new gameplay-mechanics (Such as new spells and the overhauled skillsystem). This is a huge milestone for us, since the game is basically gold in this area. Now we'll have to transfer this progress onto the other areas of the game and keep on working on the mainquest. This is why, one year in the development, Enderal is finally beginning to feel as a whole. There will be a lot of things happening here in the next months, so stay tuned! :)

All the best,

The SureAI-Team

Bild Bild

Bild
Pewch
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

Registered just to say, wow from everything I've seen this looks astounding :D . Keep up the good work!
Hazzmat
Magier
Magier
Danksagung erhalten: 15 Mal

Splendid news I'm glad to see you're making good progress which also reflects on the man-hour counter. You guys seem really motivated about your work.
Numring
Bettler
Bettler
Danksagung erhalten: 2 Mal

Blimey, that looks awesome. Stunning texturing and level design, especially with those cliffs!

Though a gripe I still have is the look of the (tree)foliage. To be frankly, it seems more like a big chunk of green to me, not like actual vegetation. I know Skyrim lacked that kind of trees - which may be the reason why the engine can't light the textures very well. Also, I think a tree needs spots for the sunlight to shine through, it seems unrealistic otherwise.
So if you look at the Gothic 2 trees (similar color), you can tell that they added shadows to the texture itself and left tiny spots uncovered. And the result is pretty damn good, that is considering G2 lacked any kind of advanced lighting engine.
Maybe the way to get rid of that poblem would then be just adding in shadows and leaving out gaps? Or is the way how textures are placed completely different here?

Otherwise, as I said, beautiful locations, really looking forward to this! ;)
badgesareus
Schicksalsknechter
Schicksalsknechter
Danksagung erhalten: 133 Mal

It's great to hear of your progress!

In the 3rd picture, the large trees to the right of the brook look a bit odd, as if the leaves are flat and angular areas. I wonder if the leaves are drawn like that or if it might be some effect of the sunlight/shadow falling on them. They say true straight lines don't exist in nature, but I several of them in that picture.
Daniel
Erzmagistrat
Erzmagistrat
Danksagung erhalten: 22 Mal

Looks great like expected, but still... those trees! :(

I really hope you will remake them or contact vurt and let him do it, they look so out of place! Everything has been perfect so far except the trees which atm ruin the aesthetics quite a lot. Good to see progress though! Soon 5000 hours! That's nearly 208 days.. you should get the Guinness World Record for most dedicated mod team! :)
Nicolas Samuel
Writer
Writer
Schöpfer
Schöpfer

Which trees are you referring to, Daniel? The ones on the first picture, or the ones on the second and third one? :)
Daniel
Erzmagistrat
Erzmagistrat

Number three of course! 8) They are the same ones / similar to those that were shown in some of the first screenshots uploaded in the gallery, like this one , and this one and especially this one ! The last screenshot has a brighter version of them, I guess, or it is another but made in the same style. Looks very weird, not like real trees! It is hurting my realism! :lol:

I have to say though, after looking through the gallery again, Enderal looks magnificent. This will truly be a really, really great TC. I have no doubt it will be even better than Nehrim.. and as usual, I can't wait! Keep up the good work! :thumbsup:
Nicolas Samuel
Writer
Writer
Schöpfer
Schöpfer

Okay, thanks for your feedback! We're aware of this issue, this is mainly due to the texture. It is harder to model a three than we thought, especially with no experience. So don't worry, we'll take care of it! :)
Daniel
Erzmagistrat
Erzmagistrat

I can very much recommend contacting Vurt if you need help/tips or guidance on how to make trees and foliage. He is the master of nature mods and I very, very much recommend atleast getting some feedback from him on how you can make things different - for example those trees! :)

I know this is your project and you want to do it your way but this man has done so much good (see this, fallout new vegas flora overhaul and has modded stuff for many years. He really knows what he's doing and how to do it right! I have no doubt he can teach you some very good things. Just a friendly tip. :mrgreen:
14 Beiträge Seite 1 von 2