Moderator: Moderatoren

14 Beiträge Seite 1 von 2
Nicolas Samuel
Writer
Writer
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 682 Mal

After roughly 1 ½ months without any news, we wanted to present you a new feature of Enderal - The cut-scene system!

The development is going fairly well at the moment – Big parts of the level-design have been finished, the first quests and dialogues have been written and implemented with the help of Articy:Draft, new models (Armour, vegetation, architecture) now adorn the world and Enderals music-library grows constantly with new soundtracks , battle-and exploration music, as well as bard-songs.

We once mentioned in an interview that we’re aiming to make Enderal as cinematic as possible. We’ve now created the foundation for that, thanks to this first draft of a cut-scene system. It still work in progress, but this ingame-video of the English version, set in the small coastal village Flusshaim conveys the idea of what it will and does look like. Camera-cuts and tracking shots will also be possible and we’re planning to thus make special moments of the game more emotional or immersive. If you take a close look, you’ll also notice two custom-made armor-sets!
More feature-presentations will follow.

All the best,

The SureAI-Team
Hazzmat
Magier
Magier
Danksagung erhalten: 15 Mal

Posted some comments in the link.
Daniel
Erzmagistrat
Erzmagistrat
Danksagung erhalten: 22 Mal

Wow! Awesome video, thanks for not using DOF (seemed like no blur at all atleast!) -- much appreciated! Didn't know you had come that far into voice acting but it sounded really, really great. Better than Bethesda's actors already! Shows how far passion for something over greed really goes! Loved the surroundings and equipment that was worn as well.. sigh. I am a bad critic, I only give praise. I shall remain silent and see what others have to say in future updates. :)
Nicolas Samuel
Writer
Writer
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 682 Mal

Rest assured, Daniel. ;) Your praise is very appreciated. I can't even start to say how much support and appreciation personally helps me to get going even when we're facing obstacles! :)
Hazzmat
Magier
Magier

Daniel hat geschrieben:
Didn't know you had come that far into voice acting but it sounded really, really great. Better than Bethesda's actors already! )
Yes indeed. It doesn't have that 'hamminess' (Hadvar in Skyrim is one of the worst) in the dialogue that Skyrim usually has. You can really hear that they're father and son by the way they say 'walk blessed' to each other.
Daniel
Erzmagistrat
Erzmagistrat
Danksagung erhalten: 22 Mal

That's great to hear. If you ever need some praise and encouragement, I'll be right here! :lol:

I hope you can find the time to answer my long message, by the way! :wink: Two weeks in now? I think, haha :lol: -- no pressure! :D
badgesareus
Schicksalsknechter
Schicksalsknechter
Danksagung erhalten: 133 Mal

You can really hear that they're father and son by the way they say 'walk blessed' to each other.
That's interesting. My impression was that the older man was like a priest or some religious leader, and he was saying "my son" in a generic, priestly way. The English voice acting did sound great, with emotion in it.
Hazzmat
Magier
Magier

Well yeah, the ranger called him father too so that's why I think that but we'll see.
Metaporic
Bettler
Bettler
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

Seriously impressed with that voice-work. When I first saw the text come up I thought oh 'here comes the cheesy half-English voice acting' . Was really worried that under pressure from whiney english players you were going to toss in some English voice acting just to silence them (Seriously some of the comments I read about SuireAI's use of of German VA made me turn red). I loved the German voice work in Nehrim and was worried you'd make some compromise were neither ends up great. However it seems that your ability to get great voice-talent exceeded my expectations ha-ha. In fact I am really looking forward to the extra coverage you might get with a full English version of the game and am sure to enjoy not having to read subtitles all the time (Not that I mind anyway).

Nehrim was one of the best games I have ever played and was only held back by the Oblivion engine. Enderal looks to be even better and as it's running on the Skyrim engine is sure to be a lot smoother and able to avoid most of the problems that the Oblivion engine introduced.
Hazzmat
Magier
Magier

That's true. The engine of Oblivion couldn't handle so much detail so it resorted to stuttering in cities and other areas even on high-end computers. The Creation engine seems a lot smoother.
14 Beiträge Seite 1 von 2