10 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
SureBOT
SureAI
SureAI
Sterndeuter
Sterndeuter
Danksagung erhalten: 11 Mal

Bild

"Nevigo", the developers of the Game Design and Storywriting tool "Articy Draft", now support the development of
"Enderal – The Shards of Order" with their software, which we received at very good conditions.

Articy: Draft significantly facilitates the writing of dialogues for video games, the planning of levels, as well as the conceptualization of complex Game-designs. Among other useful features, it enables us to easily create linear and nonlinear dialogues, without having to invest a lot of time in the formatting and management of endless documents.

We sincerely thank Nevigo for their support!

Nevigo's official Facebook-page: http://www.facebook.com/Nevigo
Hazzmat
Magier
Magier
Danksagung erhalten: 15 Mal

So what exactly does it do? Sorry I can't really comprehend it does it help you develop the game faster? :oops:
Crosshair
Ordenskrieger
Ordenskrieger

Hazzmat hat geschrieben:
So what exactly does it do? Sorry I can't really comprehend it does it help you develop the game faster? :oops:
Among other things, Articity: Draft helps us to create NPC/PC dialogue by i.e. showing a great overview of dialogue progressions and providing export functions. With these features we can write more profound and complex stuff.
MadHatter
Paladin
Paladin

In Word, for example, a dialogue with multiple choices would be quite laborious to write. You'd quickly lose the overview on what's allready written, and which answer/reaction belongs to which one. In articy draft, this process is visualized - You can "connect" answers in some kind of mindmaps, and do some other cool stuff! It's going to be very usefull when it's about writing long, multiple choice/multiple consequence dialogues. Locking forward to using it!

Greets,

MadHatter :)
Zuletzt geändert von MadHatter am 02.11.2012 09:59, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Hazzmat
Magier
Magier

Thank you for the responses once again I can't wait for Enderal.
iZsoul
Schurke
Schurke

Does that mean that the landmass could be bigger ? :D
Hazzmat
Magier
Magier

Probably not ... Let's judge the landmass when the game out.
MadHatter
Paladin
Paladin

@ iZsoul: Well, it actually means that we can create far more advanced dialogues/story-boards in a shorter time; We can be even more productive and complex. And again: The landscape is not "small", it's just smaller than the one you had in Nehrim. I just took a look at it ingame, and, let me tell you, it feels huge, and, even more important, coherently in an immersive way. I don't think you'll wander in Enderal while thinking: "Man, it's just not enough!" Enderal is just as big as it has to be to work best - And that's a good thing, I'd say! ;)

Greetings,

MadHatter :)
Nicolas Samuel
Writer
Writer
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 682 Mal

:mrgreen:
Is the smaller landmass really such a big deal? Articy Draft only enables us to be more efficent in storywriting and level-design, but it wont facilitate the process of creating the landscape. We'll do our best!
Daniel
Erzmagistrat
Erzmagistrat
Danksagung erhalten: 22 Mal

Latiro hat geschrieben:
:mrgreen:
Is the smaller landmass really such a big deal? Articy Draft only enables us to be more efficent in storywriting and level-design, but it wont facilitate the process of creating the landscape. We'll do our best!
Not really, but it opens up for player mods -- if there are places that are not crammed with stuff like quests, little magical funny things/interesting things like treasure/start of a quest/area backstory etc someone's bound to put something there just because they can. Like a house, a player home, or whatever. I think someone made a player home in the start of a river in Skyrim just because they could.

This is not something that is generally needed though; as there are way more people who just want to "play" the game than edit it and add in their own things. Like me. I prefer a 100% "mapped" game rather than one being 80% mapped with stuff and the rest 20% being filler landscape "just because" someone didn't take the time to put something there/use it for something.
10 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1