A Sealed Letter From Enderal

Moderator: Moderatoren

18 Beiträge Seite 2 von 2
badgesareus
Schicksalsknechter
Schicksalsknechter
Danksagung erhalten: 133 Mal

I have a comment about screen shot 8 (OK, I can already hear the boo's and hisses). It seems too intense, too crowded, as if some Disneyland park was trying to create an entire mountain range in one hectare.
iZsoul
Schurke
Schurke

You're going to get them from me for sure.
These things are what makes Enderal's landscape more unique , I personally like the trees A LOT , I wish we could see more of the landscape :P

I truly have the feeling that I will just walk around these wonderful forests and the whole continent , will make a little camp at nights ( hopefully ) and will just enjoy this amazing land.
badgesareus
Schicksalsknechter
Schicksalsknechter

Trees & forests?? I don't think you are looking at screen shot #8.
MadHatter
Paladin
Paladin

Hey badgesareus,

it might be a little easier if you'd just post the Sceenshot you're talking about. The the eighth Screenshot on our Website is this one:

http://www.enderal.de/galery/B_Leuchtturm.jpg

There are trees and a forest on this image. So which one are you talking about? Anyway, the universal answer would be: Of course we can't match everyone's taste. We try to design our landscapes as immersive and detailed as we can. On the one side, I can understand that you might compare our design to some kind of simulated Disney-Land-World. And actually, in some ways, our intentions match in a few points. Disneyland and SureAI try to immerse the player into another world. Of course we don't design the most realistic landscapes - If you wanted those, you could simply walk out the door and take a look a the forests, I think. ;)
This is why we want to deliver fantastic and very detailed landscapes in Enderal, we place great emphasis on design and atmosphere by aesthetic aspects. I hope that explained it to you a bit better. ;)

Greetings,

MadHatter :)
Holomay
Enderal Team
Enderal Team
Sterndeuter
Sterndeuter
Danksagung erhalten: 44 Mal

I think the confusion might stem from the fact that the screenshots are in a different order on sureai.net - that's where the new images in the "sealed letter" news are linked to. In the gallery on sureai.net, this one is image "8 of 8":

http://www.sureai.net/gallery/index.php ... /Enderal03

@badgesareus: If this is the image you've been referring to ... I think what we see is some kind of passage through a mountain range. We only get a hint of the actual scope of the landscape - look at the edges of the picture! I personally love the screenshot. Every time I look at it, I want the camera to start moving! :-)
badgesareus
Schicksalsknechter
Schicksalsknechter

http://www.sureai.net/gallery/index.php ... /Enderal03
Yes, this is the image I was referring to.
badgesareus
Schicksalsknechter
Schicksalsknechter

Of course we don't design the most realistic landscapes - If you wanted those, you could simply walk out the door and take a look a the forests, I think. ;)
I live in the middle of the Great Chihuahuan Desert, so it would have to be a very big step to see a forest! :lol:
MadHatter
Paladin
Paladin

Well, in that case you might want to see a realistic desert instead! ;)

Just stay tuned for new Infos and Screenshots. The Places will vary in settings and style - Maybe you'll find something you can relate to a bit more.

Greetings,

MadHatter :)
18 Beiträge Seite 2 von 2