Dreams of the Dying, the first book of the Enderal trilogy, is now available!

Moderator: Moderatoren

5 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1
Nicolas Samuel
Writer
Writer
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 682 Mal

"A bizarre mission to travel into a dying man's nightmares forces a drifting veteran to confront his own trauma."
Walk blessed,

It's time: after two years, twelve rewrites, and the messy nightmare that was 2020, my debut novel Dreams of the Dying is now available, at a special Christmas price of $2.99 (eBook), $16.99 (paperback), and $35.99 (illustrated hardcover). Head to my website to learn more about the story, read a free sample, or grab a copy.

Please don't buy any books from Amazon OUTSIDE of the official listing linked on my website. If you see a cheaper (or pricier) version of the hardcover or the paperback on Amazon, they're placeholders sold by 3rd party sellers.

If this is your first time hearing of this book, Dreams of the Dying is a blend of fantasy, mystery, and psychological horror, and it explores themes like mental illness, greed, and morality. It takes place in Kilay, a tropical island archipelago in the universe of Vyn. Reviewers described the novel as “Inception in a Polynesian-inspired fantasy setting.”

Years after a harrowing war experience, ex-mercenary Jespar Dal’Varek has taken to drifting. It’s a lonely existence, but barring the occasional bout of melancholia, he has found the closest thing to peace a man like him deserves. Life is “all right.”

Or so he believes. Hoping to turn the page, Jespar accepts a mysterious invitation into the beautiful but dangerous archipelago of Kilay—and everything changes. Plagued by boiling social tensions and terrorism, the tropical empire is edging ever closer to civil war. Kilay’s merchant king is the only person able to prevent this catastrophe, but he has fallen into a preternatural coma—and it’s Jespar’s task to figure out what or who caused it. As the investigation takes him across the archipelago and into the king’s nightmares, unexpected events not only tie Jespar’s own life to the mystery but also unearth inner demons he believed to be exorcised long ago.

Battling old trauma while fighting for his life, his sanity, and the fate of Kilay, the line between dream and reality blurs until only one question remains: If your mind is the enemy, where do you run?

A slow-burning, riveting blend of fantasy, mystery, and psychological horror, Dreams of the Dying is a deep exploration of mental illness, morality, and the dark sides of humanity.

This is a heavily revised edition of a web novel I published throughout 2019, with an improved plot and character arcs, a new ending, countless cuts, and several new chapters, as well as vastly improved writing. It explores Jespar’s past as a mercenary, but opens up a new canon, so anything can happen – more on that in the foreword.

Since I’ve financed this entire project on my own and with the help of my patrons, I have no big publisher backing me, and visibility is critical. For this reason, I’m extending my poster promotion – leave me an honest review of Dreams on Goodreads or Facebook, and you get a free poster.

The book is currently available in English only, but German, Russian, Spanish, Polish, and Hungarian translations are on the way. I’m also working on an audiobook of the revised edition, narrated by Benjamin Britton and Joe Hernandez with music by Marvin Kopp, but there is no release date yet.

Let me close with a big thanks to everyone who supported me, whether through Patreon or simply by voicing your encouragement and interest. Dreams started out as a side thing, but it turned into my passion project. From research into medieval sword fighting, psychology, and geology, to a full language designed by a professional linguist, I really gave this project my all. It burnt my savings, but I have no regrets. Let’s hope the story lives up to your expectations.

Best,

Nicolas

Video credits: Artwork: Dominik Derow; Cover Design: Johanna Krünes; Voice Over: Erik Braa; Animation: Stefan Stankovic

Website | Instagram| | Facebook | Tumblr | Patreon
Daniel
Erzmagistrat
Erzmagistrat
Danksagung erhalten: 22 Mal

Congratulations Nicolas! Must feel amazing to finish such a long journey! :)
CRM
Bettler
Bettler

Hello, I have a few questions for you : how many books do you have? Will a book about Calia Sakaresh be released?And will there be a continuation of the game Enderal?
Nicolas Samuel
Writer
Writer
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 682 Mal

26.12.2020 08:23Daniel hat geschrieben:
Congratulations Nicolas! Must feel amazing to finish such a long journey! :)
Thanks Daniel! Though I feel like I'm only getting started. :)
29.12.2020 20:57CRM hat geschrieben:
Hello, I have a few questions for you : how many books do you have? Will a book about Calia Sakaresh be released?And will there be a continuation of the game Enderal?
The Enderal trilogy will be three volumes - after that, sky's the limit. I have a lot of ideas and stories to tell. As for Calia, I don't know yet - there are no plans as of now, but perhaps if the interest is strong enough. Lastly, no probably not - the team doesn't exist anymore as it once did, and we are all busy with other projects at the moment.
CRM
Bettler
Bettler

The Enderal trilogy will be three volumes - after that, sky's the limit. I have a lot of ideas and stories to tell. As for Calia, I don't know yet - there are no plans as of now, but perhaps if the interest is strong enough. Lastly, no probably not - the team doesn't exist anymore as it once did, and we are all busy with other projects at the moment.
Thanks, good luck!
5 Beiträge Seite 1 von 1