Enderal and Forgotten Stories will be released via Steam!

Moderator: Moderatoren

43 Beiträge Seite 1 von 5
stuemper
Enderal Team
Enderal Team
Schwarzer Wächter
Schwarzer Wächter
Danksagung erhalten: 1240 Mal

We've got some amazing news: Enderal and its DLC "Forgotten Stories" will be released on Steam!
Yes, you heard right - you will be able to install and update Enderal directly via Steam!
Head over to the Steam Store page and make sure to follow.

Stay tuned for further updates!

Thank you all for your support! :)
badgesareus
Schicksalsknechter
Schicksalsknechter
Danksagung erhalten: 133 Mal

That's great news! I took a look at the Steam listing, and I have a few observations:

- the Enderal trailer at the end shows a release date of July; that might be a bit confusing. Likewise, at the end of the FS trailer it says coming in 2017. Might it be possible to snip those dates off the trailers, or correct them?
- the Enderal trailer seems to show quite a lot from the very final segments of Enderal; it seems to me it is showing a bit too much of that, maybe giving away too much of the mystery.
- the FS trailer shows that it will be much more than I expected. Is it just my imagination or does Ark have more vegetation than before?
- One other trailer note, I haven't played for quite some time, but what was that dragon firing Ark?

Also, on the steam listing if I log into Steam and search for Enderal, on the listing page it has a notice:

"Is this game relevant to you?
This game doesn't look like other things you've played in the past. As such we don't have much information on whether or not you might be interested in it"

That seems odd since I have over 1500 hours playing Skyrim logged on Steam (also Risen 2 & Risen 3). Why would they think it doesn't look like other things I've played in the past?
stuemper
Enderal Team
Enderal Team
Schwarzer Wächter
Schwarzer Wächter

Thanks!
- We will add the new trailer to the Steam Store page, we won't edit the existing trailers.
- I think it's your imagination that more vegetation was added, we replaced a few models. But yeah, it will be more content added than we've announced yet.
[+] -The Dragon
I haven't watched the trailer again, but I think you meant the raging Myrad above Ark during the siege.
-You can't tell steam which games are similar, it's all based on Steam's algorithm what will show up as recommended. We only can add tags to Enderal and based on that it will find games that are similar.
Taederias
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

Amazing news, can't wait to finally start my new playthrough!

One question: I imagine this transition might mean a change in how the game data is stored (the ability to have both Skyrim and Enderal being built-in now by default; this I previously managed using Mod Organizer). Will this affect how Mod Organizer (or other mod managers for that matter) understands the Enderal game files, and thus moddablity?
stuemper
Enderal Team
Enderal Team
Schwarzer Wächter
Schwarzer Wächter

As far as I am aware of the whole situation, the MO2 Team will add support for Enderal's Steam installation.
badgesareus
Schicksalsknechter
Schicksalsknechter
Danksagung erhalten: 133 Mal

You're right, stuemper, it's not a dragon, my bad.

I looked at the Steam listing for Skyrim to get an idea about the tags there, so for the Enderal listing I added tags "Open World" (my favorite), "Singleplayer," and "Story Rich." I see it has a tag "Gore," I think that might be a turn-off for some people.
DanielCoffey
Paladin
Paladin
Danksagung erhalten: 42 Mal

06.09.2018 17:29badgesareus hat geschrieben:
I see it has a tag "Gore," I think that might be a turn-off for some people.
A correct tag through - there are quite a few dismembered and charred corpses. You see your travelling companion murdered while lying helpless on the ship deck at the beginning of the game. In the quest in Riverville where you assist the Mayor, you to get an opportunity to witness a person being exploded into chunks.
stuemper
Enderal Team
Enderal Team
Schwarzer Wächter
Schwarzer Wächter

We've investigated a bit, it seems like the gore tag was added by Valve employees who confirmed the Steam page. The trailer shows a man hacking on a corpse. We can't change the tag.
Taederias
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

06.09.2018 17:29badgesareus hat geschrieben:
I see it has a tag "Gore," I think that might be a turn-off for some people.
I don't know, I think most of the people looking at these kinds of single player RPGs are already familiar and comfortable with the very light levels of "gore" present, I know I do not care about this tag's presence or absence either way.
Deleted User 23162

I have mixed feelings about this because I have a horrid Internet connection in my current place so I have to re-download all this mod again now? Did you just make your own launcher redundant in favour of Steam?
43 Beiträge Seite 1 von 5