Enderal Patch 1.2.0.0 (+ Hotfix 1.2.0.7) released!

Moderator: Moderatoren

12 Beiträge Seite 1 von 2
stuemper
Enderal Team
Enderal Team
Schwarzer Wächter
Schwarzer Wächter
Danksagung erhalten: 1240 Mal

Enderal Patch 1.2.0.0 is downloadable!
Feel free to visit the patch overview in our wiki!
Launcher version: A63
Patch size: ~80 MB

Changelog 1.2.0.0:

General:
  • Fixed or replaced meshes on some bushes, some trees, the black stone, a sword and fixed textures on explosions.
  • Incorporated many fixes of the Enderal - Bug Fixes mod by reltilie / Ixion XVII. Thank you!
  • Incorporated 1st Person Candlelight Fix by Savaas. Thank you!
Quest:
  • "The Voice from the Water" (NQ15): Fixed an entry in the Quest Journal.
  • "Art of Combat" (NQ31): The blademaster book now triggers the respective objective.
  • "A New Beginning" (MQ01): Fixed a faulty Arcane Fever Message.
  • "Deus Ex Machina" (MQ07b): Added two Failsafes to prevent Lishari from hanging around in Ark.
  • "Deus Ex Machina" (MQ07b): The player has one second to orientate himself before the bells start ringing in the vision.
  • "The Lion's Den" (MQ09): Tealor's GhostShaderFX plays, but only after he is enabled.
  • "A Song in the Silence" (MQ11c): The pale weather gets removed properly after teleporting out of Rynéus' House.
  • "Black Light, Part II" (MQ12b): The aeterna bards at the Market Place in Ark won't play during the siege.
  • "Forgotten Homeland, Part III" (MQ13c): The attacking Steelbird reacts better to pathfinding failure.
World:
  • Fixed leaks in Dal'Geyss' house, on the Halfmoon-Isle, in Old Dothûlgrad, in Goldenforst, in Castle Dal'Galar, in the Frostcliff Mountains, in the Dancing Nomad, in the Dark Valley, in Lightgrove, in Duneville, in Ark's Gate House, in the Chronicum, in the Noble's Quarter, in Rynéus' house, in Monastery Westgard and at the Western Coast.
  • Moved the teleport to the South Quarter closer to the Myrad Tower.
  • Optimized a few things in the Star City.
  • Redesigned one interior tower of Fortress Rockwatch due to invisible walls and other small problems.
  • Fixed collision in Old Ishmartep, in Fortress Rockwatch and in the Stranger Area in Ark.
  • Fixed navmesh at the Farmer's Coast, at the Suncoast and in the Abandoned Temple.
  • Fixed floats at the Suncoast, in Silvergrove, in the Dark Valley, in Lightgrove, in Duneville, in Fortress Rockwatch, in Yerais' house and in Thalgard.
  • Fixed Z-Fighting on the Halfmoon-Isle, in Ark and in Lightgrove.
  • Fixed bleeding in Fortress Fogwatch.
  • Fixed lighting in the Old Myrad Hall.
  • Fixed Rooms and Portals in Lightgrove.
  • Fixed Doors and Doormarker distances in Goldenforst, in the Heartlands, in the Undercity and at the Suncoast.
  • Filled some empty areas on the Halfmoon-Isle and at the Farmer's Coast.
  • Repositioned a few things in Kurro's Shop.
  • Removed unused activators from Old Sherath.
  • Removed various unused map markers.
  • Removed an unused cell.
  • Removed duplicated chests in the Whisperwoods.
  • The player can't access Finn's inventory anymore.
Tech:
  • The spell "Bound Bow (Rank I)" works again as intended.
  • The spell "Bound Bow (Rank V)" now summons its own bow instead of the Rank IV bow.
  • Fixed a bug which caused summonable and revived creatures not to be summoned / revived due to high magic resistance on the player.
  • Removed unused counter effects on the spell "Summon Oorbâya (rank I)".
  • Removed unused conditions from the spells "Divine Shield (Rank I-VI)".
  • Fixed magnitudes on the spells "Panic (Rank III-VII)".
  • The spells "Magelight (Rank I-IV)" should be more useful in first person due to repositioning of the nif.
  • Fixed a bunch of magic effects.
  • Fixed two potential bugs which prevented "Blessing of the Wise One (Rank II-III)" from being applied properly. Also the blessing should increase all primary skills from now on.
  • The perk "Keeper: Shield Stroke" works properly, creating a 10 percent chance to disarm the enemy when powerbashing with a shield.
  • The perk "Focus" reduces the mana cost of spells by 33% according to the description (prior 34%).
  • The perk "Sinistrope: Bone Judge" is now working as intended, increasing the duration of revived undead (it used to increase the duration of all spells cast at undead).
  • The perk "Elementalist: Unleashed Might" has now it's proper additional effect: Reducing the spell cost of other ranks than master by 10 percent.
  • The perk "Trickster: Thief Apprentice" can't be learned anymore without choosing one of the three previous perks.
  • The perk "Vandal: Fury Driven" should work properly.
  • Removed Unique Flag on Steppecrusher due to multiple references.
  • Added default Race namings.
  • Fixed races on various hoods and backpacks.
  • Fixed biped objects on Arps and Fleshconstructs.
  • Removed Encounter Zone from Glimmerdust Cave and Alfrid's House.
  • Fixed AI package order for Hella Suppersnack and Apprentice Avira.
  • Fixed various factions.
  • NPCs should react a bit better to crimes committed by the player.
  • Fixed some ownership inconsistencies of beds in taverns. The bed in the Undercity tavern "The False Dog" can be rented and used properly.
  • Removed a few unused entries from the Masterfile.
  • Fixed an issue with the riddle in Tannerman's house in Riverville.
  • Added a global variable for patches (_00E_PatchGlobal: this patch = 1200).
  • Fixed a lot of keywords on ingredients, weapons, armors etc.
  • Fixed various lists from which loot gets generated.
  • The self crafted "Rune Battle Axe" works now as intended. "Silversteel daggers" can be tempered. Fixed crafting bugs with the finesteel armor.
  • Housing furniture can now also be crafted, even if the player has multiple similar blueprints in their inventory. Mannequins can now be placed properly.
  • Added better functionality for the "Horseflute".
Balancing:
  • All elementals should be resistant towards effects of their own elements.
  • Summoned creatures now won't flee and help allies.
  • Fourtusks no longer join the fray when the player is fighting other animals.
  • Tomb guardians of Old Ishmartep have a proper aggro radius.
  • For the duration of the transformation, "Arveldhiin the Wanderer" is invulnerable.
  • Wildlife won't drop gems (and similar) things after death.
  • All bound weapons scale with Entropy.
  • Reduced damage of the "Bound Battle Axe".
  • Fixed the value of the spellbook "Boon (Rank II)".
  • The spell cost of "Fire Cloak" gets reduced by the perk "Elementalist: Elemental Adept" instead of "Elementalist: Elemental Apprentice".
  • Reduced damage on most elementalism spells about a small amount.
  • Rearranged the leveled list for spells, slight changes to the spell levels applied.
  • The spell "Lightning Cowl" has two ranks, the spell "Provoke" now has a first rank.
  • Unified key weight (set to 0).
  • The dagger "Corpse tooth" can't be enchanted or disenchanted anymore.
  • The first three books of the "Butcher of Ark" series are now more rare.
  • Adjusted damage values, speed, reach, weight and penny coin values for some early game weapons.
  • Adjusted values of penny coins in money bags, they can't be empty anymore, lesser chance for high amounts of gold in bags.
  • Adjusted values / contents of big coin stacks, coin barrels and gold ingots stacks.
UI:
  • Fixed various typos throughout the game.
  • Less cluttered Active Effects Tab.
Sound:
  • Fixed block sounds on a few weapons.
  • Fixed sounds on various keys.
  • The bards and the music no longer play simultaneously on the market place.
  • Fixed a condition issue on Jespar's dialogue about his scar.
  • Golden Sickle dialogue properly conditioned.
  • Better condition on Erica Braveblood's hello after her quest "A Touching Effigy" (NQ17) ended.
  • The sound of Starling capsules is now quieter during the quests "Forgotten Homeland, Part III" and "Brave new World" (MQ13c, MQ18a).

Changelog 1.2.0.2:

Tech:
  • Added backwards compatibility for the horseflute.
UI:
  • Added missing strings of the Update.esm.

Changelog 1.2.0.3:

Launcher:
  • If it's not possible for the Launcher to replace the configuration files properly during the uninstallation, it can now edit the files of Enderal in a way, that Skyrim should work again properly once the uninstallation is over.

Changelog 1.2.0.4:

Launcher:
  • The Enderal launcher does work properly, even if Skyrim never was running before the Enderal installation.

Changelog 1.2.0.7:

Launcher:
  • The Enderal launcher got a small update.
Jaknet
Hauptmann
Hauptmann
Danksagung erhalten: 10 Mal

Thank you for the continued updates :D
Buccaneer
Paladin
Paladin
Danksagung erhalten: 41 Mal

All bound weapons scale with Entropy
I had avoided Bound Weapons, even playing on Iron Path, because they were perceived as being quite overpowered, even early on. Does this mean that they are even more stronger?

Thanks for the great job you guys do!!!
stuemper
Enderal Team
Enderal Team
Schwarzer Wächter
Schwarzer Wächter
Danksagung erhalten: 1240 Mal

07.07.2017 00:28Buccaneer hat geschrieben:
I had avoided Bound Weapons, even playing on Iron Path, because they were perceived as being quite overpowered, even early on. Does this mean that they are even more stronger?
No, just the skill of scaling got changed from archery, twohand, one hand to entropy. We have some ideas for Bound Weapons, they probably will be included in the DLC.
badgesareus
Schicksalsknechter
Schicksalsknechter
Danksagung erhalten: 133 Mal

the skill of scaling got changed from archery, twohand, one hand to entropy.
So, for example, if someone has invested large amounts of money buying archery skill books and used up many skill points to improve the archery skill in order to have a more powerful bound bow, all that money and those skill points are now wasted because it will now be entropy, not archery, that increases the bound bow. How thoughtful of you.
Caleb8980
Enderal Team
Enderal Team
Weltenwandeler
Weltenwandeler
Danksagung erhalten: 138 Mal

07.07.2017 18:09badgesareus hat geschrieben:
the skill of scaling got changed from archery, twohand, one hand to entropy.
So, for example, if someone has invested large amounts of money buying archery skill books and used up many skill points to improve the archery skill in order to have a more powerful bound bow, all that money and those skill points are now wasted because it will now be entropy, not archery, that increases the bound bow. How thoughtful of you.
Yep, because such a claim can be made at any possible change in balancing, now and in the future :-)

It is not like you could, you know, just use a normal bow instead of a summoned one if you really "wasted" that much money on the skill.

FS will change the general balance and even to a huge degree in some areas - I certainly wonder if the amount of complaints will then rise or fall, seeing as many people out there actually criticize us for the bad balance (and much of it is sadly quite true, hence the ongoing changes).
badgesareus
Schicksalsknechter
Schicksalsknechter

such a claim can be made at any possible change in balancing
No. Adjusting the degree to which the archery skill affects the damage of a bound bow would be balancing. Changing the skill which affects the damage of the bound bow is not balancing. It would be the same as saying you were going to eliminate the archery skill completely and from now on bow damage will be determined by the skill level of 2-handed, or maybe pickpocketing.

Players create a complex character with a combination of weapons, armor, magic, skills, talents, memories, and make choices in how to invest their limited skill points and pennies to enhance their character build, often giving a great deal of thought, as well as some trial and error, to their decision. And you feel it is perfectly OK to make a fundamental change, using balancing as a justification?

Hey, I've got an idea. How about eliminating the handicrafting skill and let the ability to craft an item depend on the basic skill for that item. For example, the degree to which you can craft a 2H sword depends on your 2H skill. And I bet psionics can affect material objects if your mind is strong enough, so let's also eliminate the enchanting skill and use your psionics level to determine enchanting. Wow, I'm beginning to really like this "balancing" business. Wait, wait, I've got more! Summoned wild animals can only attack other wild animals, and summoned elementals can only attack other elementals; perfect balancing, eh? Of course, then I would want to be able to summon a wild mage -- wait, I can, isn't an oorabaya a wild mage? HA, I've thought of the ideal balancing, the level of summoned creatures will be determined by your archery skill! Perfect karma!
Caleb8980
Enderal Team
Enderal Team
Weltenwandeler
Weltenwandeler

08.07.2017 01:21badgesareus hat geschrieben:
such a claim can be made at any possible change in balancing
No. Adjusting the degree to which the archery skill affects the damage of a bound bow would be balancing. Changing the skill which affects the damage of the bound bow is not balancing. It would be the same as saying you were going to eliminate the archery skill completely and from now on bow damage will be determined by the skill level of 2-handed, or maybe pickpocketing.

Players create a complex character with a combination of weapons, armor, magic, skills, talents, memories, and make choices in how to invest their limited skill points and pennies to enhance their character build, often giving a great deal of thought, as well as some trial and error, to their decision. And you feel it is perfectly OK to make a fundamental change, using balancing as a justification?
Yeah, I do.

And before you again explode in my face even though you were the one who started with the irony; this here is a special case.
Balancing is not only about adjusting some numbers, hoping it will make the gameplay better - if a system just does not work as it should (here in this case summoned weapons adhering to Skyrim's skill system, something that made them grossly overpowered and something we cannot touch upon without changeing the balance of ALL one-handed weapons, two-handed weapons and bows) there is a time at which you have to choose the lesser evil.

We did not just say: let's change summoned weapons for the heck of it. We thought about it quite a bit and this was the answer we came up with. If you think you can do better make a mod and show us that!

Apart from the fact that you summoned a powerful ethereal weapon but your skill in summoning did not matter at all? How does that work? Rather, wasn't it total nonsense that you needed to train your archery skill even though you played as a summoner? This argument can go both ways which makes it less than ideal.
badgesareus
Schicksalsknechter
Schicksalsknechter

summoned weapons adhering to Skyrim's skill system, something that made them grossly overpowered
So, in the 5 years you spent developing and testing Enderal, you were not aware of this great evil? You could have chosen not to have summoned weapons at all. Or you could have chosen to have them scale with entropy ab initio .
if a system just does not work as it should . . . there is a time at which you have to choose the lesser evil
So, in the vastness that is Enderal, overpowered bound weapons are a "greater evil" that must be expurged. Doing so even at the expense of perhaps thousands of players who have invested time and "pennies" creating certain builds using the system of scaling damage for bound weapons that was created and implemented by SureAI a year ago is a "lesser evil." I would suggest that your views of what constitute greater and lesser evils needs some balancing.

Some time ago, you (or perhaps one of the other SureAIs) suggested that the upcoming DLC had so many changes that it might be difficult to play it with an existing character and that it would be best to start a new game. It seems to me it would have been better to make this change of bound weapons scaling by entropy with the DLC, because at that point players starting a new game would be able to decide in advance how to adjust to such a change.

P.S. I did not explode in your face, I criticized the change that you implemented. Quite a few players have gushed praise upon SureAI, much of it deserved, but I'm pretty sure you don't walk on water without getting your feet wet. Ach so!
Caleb8980
Enderal Team
Enderal Team
Weltenwandeler
Weltenwandeler

08.07.2017 17:43badgesareus hat geschrieben:
summoned weapons adhering to Skyrim's skill system, something that made them grossly overpowered
So, in the 5 years you spent developing and testing Enderal, you were not aware of this great evil? You could have chosen not to have summoned weapons at all. Or you could have chosen to have them scale with entropy ab initio .
#1: You of all people should know that I was a normal user on this forum until 7 months before release.
#2: Balancing never was a thing in the development apart from some basic things - or why do you think enchanting, handicraft and alchemy were (and in the case of two of them are still) quite underpowered upon release?
One cannot balance anything if one has neither the time to do so as bugfixing is simply more important than balancing, nor anybody who even tests the balance. From the over 1000 applicants for the beta test, just 2 actually tested more than a couple of weeks. Both of them are still here and helping, something I am quite grateful for, but in the end 2 people cannot test such a massive project in terms of balancing.
I was the third tester joining the fray , but even I could not test that much, as most of my free time went into the translation.
Afterwards, near the German release (6 weeks before release if I remember correctly) we started a second wave of tester recruitment - which yielded 3 more testers, I think.
One of those was Till and he was a gold find - without him, Enderal would not be even nearly as polished as it is today.

So as you can see, no we did not find the "great evil" that was summoned weapons, as we simply had no chance to do so. If you think that developing Enderal was all smooth sailing I am very sorry to disappoint you, there were many times when the project was about to collapse.

If we took the time to balance Enderal before release, it would not be released even now - and perhaps even never.

So yes, we need to balance everything after release and yes, this may cause inconveniences for the players now and in the future, which is something we are very sorry for - but in the end this is how the ball rolled and we have to deal with it.

And as for why we did not wait until FS release, well we still have the same problem as before - without a bigger amount of testers we cannot balance anything; as such we need to incorporate some changes before FS to see whether or not they work in the grand picture - outside of our echo chamber that is the small testing team.
12 Beiträge Seite 1 von 2