[Announcement] Enderal: Forgotten Stories (DLC)

Moderator: Moderatoren

32 Beiträge Seite 1 von 4
Nicolas Samuel
Writer
Writer
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 682 Mal

Enderal: Forgotten Stories needs your support!
Bild
Enderal: Forgotten Stories is an expansion-pack/DLC for Enderal. It is being developed mainly by Nicolas Lietzau, one of the project leads and lead writer of the main game, with the support of a small part of the SureAI-team. “Enderal: Forgotten Stories” aims to bring in parts of the story’s content that had to be cut from the initial release, adding 10-20 hours of new quest content, as well as improving several aspects of the main game. Without further ado, here's a small teaser we prepared for you meant to give you an idea of what "Forgotten Stories" will be about:
Bild
  • Two guild quest-lines: Join the Golden Sickle, Enderal's most influential merchants’ guild and experience an exceptional non-linear story that deals with intrigue and greed. Delve into the secrets behind the Rhalâta, the mysterious cult ruling the Undercity.
  • A story mission revolving around the Sea Of Eventualities and Yuslan Sha'Rim's past
  • A quest shedding light on the Veiled Woman's origins
  • A mission that allows the player to explore in detail the death of a certain character
  • A secret ending for the main-quest
  • A new class: the "Phasmalist" (Dev-Blog #2)
  • A second new class: the "Lycantrophe" (Dev-Blog #3)
  • New bounty missions
  • Professional localization in both German and English (starring, amongst others, Dave Fennoy from "The Walking Dead" and Lani Minella from "Skyrim")
  • New weapons and sets
  • New spells (Dev-Blog #1)
  • Several game-play changes and additions, such as hidden talents, rebalanced and overhauled crafting skills, high-level crafting, and enchantment that makes investing in craftsmanship a lot more rewarding.
Bild Bild Bild
Bild
Assuming the world doesn't end anytime soon, Enderal: Forgotten Stories will be released eventually, just as the main game was. However, I – Nicolas – am currently developing this DLC as a full-time endeavor and am paying for the time invested from my private savings. While the project cannot be supported directly, you can support my work as a writer by donating through PayPal (the upper button on the page)– any donations would be greatly appreciated and will help me cover my basic expenses. You can also support me through my (still very basic) Patreon-page!

If you cannot donate, you can still support us by spreading the word and/or voting for us at the "SXSW Game Awards 2016", the winner of which will be decided on March 18th in Austin, Texas (We will be present at the show!). Just follow this link, scroll down to "Fan Creation of the year" and vote for Enderal. Two clicks, no registration required! A huge thank you to everyone who has supported us thus far! :)
Bild Bild Bild
Bild
Will old saves be compatible with "Forgotten Stories" or will I have to start a new game?

Generally speaking, Forgotten Stories won't be compatible with old save-games. We advise starting a new play-through. Otherwise you will encounter gamebreaking bugs that we won't be able to fix. Forgotten Stories is designed and balanced so that it fits and enhances the main game rather than as a stand-alone.

When will "Forgotten Stories" be released?

Not 2017 anymore. We planned to release in 2017, but too many different and unforseen things happened, so that we weren't able to finish it. Rest assured - we are still working on it. Even though we are following a schedule, we cannot give a definite release date as of now.

Why isn’t the whole SureAI-team working on this?

Because many members of the core team are now heavily involved in other projects. Enderal - Forgotten Stories was originally intended to be created by me alone, but, thankfully, some other members (and new, external contributors) agreed to help, which takes a lot of weight off my shoulders and even allows us to work on some yet unannounced features which I simply could not have done on my own. This does not mean that SureAI doesn’t exist anymore or is somehow compromised: It simply means that Forgotten Stories is more of a private side-project by me as Enderal’s writer.

But there are still bugs in the main game! Shouldn’t you be fixing them rather than developing new content?

We are. Both me and some of our team are still working on bugfixes daily, and there will be more patches to come.
Inachis Io
Hauptmann
Hauptmann
Danksagung erhalten: 47 Mal

That's excellent news! I'm so happy, I could kiss you right now, but of course that would be highly inappropriate.
Moravia300
Gauner
Gauner

Man, I was excited for Enderal as much as for Witcher 3 , and I wasn't disappointed one bit. But DLC... well, this sounds like a dream, really.
speedxgrapher
Schurke
Schurke

Congrats on everything so far and thank you in advance for all this hard and amazing work!

:thumbsup:
Hazzmat
Magier
Magier
Danksagung erhalten: 15 Mal

So for me to properly experience the new content I have to start an entire new playthrough? That's a bit of a bummer. Anyway I already this going to be cool so good luck to you.
democrite
Schurke
Schurke
Danksagung erhalten: 2 Mal

bravo and thanks again for the great game, hoping the dlc will be as amazing as the game is
Principe Alessandro
Stadtwache
Stadtwache

Nicolas you are simply amazing, you and your team deserve a donation as a full priced game for every player. I cannot stress enough how amazing is your work despite the limited resources at your disposal.
chairmanxyz
Bettler
Bettler

I was so excited when I found out about this! Enderal honestly won me over many other AAA titles of 2016 and I still rave about it to friends. Even though I know the story now, I look forward to starting again with a new build and I will definitely be going for that secret ending. Seems you're putting a lot of thought into bringing both old and new players back in and I think that's really great. Hope development is going well!
Daniel
Erzmagistrat
Erzmagistrat
Danksagung erhalten: 22 Mal

Great to see! Hope development will be smooth. :thumbsup:
my_summertime
Krieger
Krieger

Great news, but I have one question: Is it gonna be separate esp and bsa or do you intend to use skyrim.esp form oryginal Enderal?
32 Beiträge Seite 1 von 4