14 Beiträge Seite 1 von 2
stuemper
Enderal Team
Enderal Team
Schwarzer Wächter
Schwarzer Wächter
Danksagung erhalten: 1240 Mal

Enderal Patch 1.1.6.0 is downloadable!
Feel free to visit the patch overview in our wiki!
Launcher version: A54
Patch size: 110 MB

Changelog 1.1.6.0:

General:
  • The hero-menu can now be bound to a custom key: Open "Mod-Configuration" and the "Enderal"-tab to do so. Note that this might not work with older savegames! However, even in these, the hero menu should still be open-able with the default key [H].
Quest:
  • "The Void" (MQ02): The player can no longer fast travel into Ark before arriving with Jespar.
  • "The Void" (MQ02): The starling lock puzzle now gives the player different amounts of time depending on the difficulty setting of the game. (At adept, it’s the same timespan as we previously had.)
  • "Angel" (MQ11a): The conversation with Calia after the Starling barrier vision should work more reliable.
  • "Angel" (MQ11a): Fixed the critical bug that caused savegames to corrupt when the player has magelight active while equipping the fire arrow in the Starling barrier riddle.
World:
  • Fixed bleeding healthpotion in Castle Dal'Galar.
  • Fixed various leaks in the heartlands and the tavern of Riverville.
  • Fixed various floating trees, rocks/cliffs in the heartlands.
  • Fixed various bleeds in the heartlands.
  • Fixed various activators of chairs and beds which caused NPCs getting stuck in tables or walls.
  • Fixed unnatural lightsources in the player houses will only be activated if the standard equipment is bought.
  • Placed tanning rack in the standard equipment of the house in the nobles quarter.
  • Fixed the position of a case in the player house at the marketplace.
  • Fixed falsely placed sunborns in the monastery in Thalgard.
  • Fixed a missing ceiling in the Star City.
  • Fixed two AutoLoadDoor.
Tech:
  • Fixed enchanting. Big thanks to Alex Ducey.
  • Fixed the magic effect concerning fire enchantments so that the Charges per Use are actually affected by the power of the fire enchantment.
  • Fortify One-Handed enchantments now also affect daggers.
  • The perk "Sinitrope: Quiet Casting" should now work properly.
  • The perk "Blade Dancer: Critical Hit" should now work properly.
  • The perk "Trickster: Fatal Shot" should now work properly.
  • The perk "Infiltrator: Swindler" now actually increases pickpocketing for 50% instead of 0.5%.
  • The perks "Vagrant: Wind Walker", "Vagrant: Unhindered" and "Vagrant: High Dexterity" should work properly with light armor.
  • The perk "Vagrant: Snakeblood" has corrected conditions.
  • Removed a false entry for the perk "Elementalist: Disintegrate".
  • Cleared out "non existing" perks.
  • After leaving the player house, the activation reach of the player is now properly reset to 180 instead of 150. Thanks to jcdenton99 for the hint!
  • A script bug that caused an "arraylength" error to frequently show up in the Papyrus logfile has been fixed. Thanks to jcdenton99 for the fix!
  • The self-damage for Eldritch concentration spells is now lowered rather than increased when skilling the "Concentration" perk.
  • Weapons now cannot be used in the skill menu anymore, preventing them from staying transparent.
  • Fixed various ArmorAddons and biped models.
  • Fixed a clipping issue with Calia's "casual" dress. Thanks to Ratrace!
  • Fixed keywords of food items, of ingredients, weapons.
  • Fixed bash data sets and block material on various shields.
  • Done various cleanup operations (this should reduce the spam in Papyrus.log): Removed useless/broken scripts, activators and packages. Cleared the canDisease flag on various traps. Fixed broken properties (cell, furniture and activator). Thanks to Arthmoor!
  • Script _00E_EisprankeSCN is now localizable and uses a messagebox instead of string. A messagebox will explain their use the first time you pick up an ice claw.
Balancing:
  • Bound Arrows are now properly balanced.
  • "Mana Potion (Exclusive)" now does cost more than "Mana Potion (Quality)".
  • All forms of the "Dagger of the Righteous Path" have been rebalanced to do less damage than their Aeterna counterparts.
NPCs:
  • Riq and Sebald can't attack each other.
  • Marius Vondervol will no longer act like a beggar.
Sound:
  • Fixed some sounds when the player is eating food.
  • Soundfix for nehrimese soldiers.
badgesareus
Schicksalsknechter
Schicksalsknechter
Danksagung erhalten: 133 Mal

"The Void" (MQ02): The starling lock puzzle now gives the player different amounts of time depending on the difficulty setting of the game. (At adept, it’s the same timespan as we previously had.)
This shocks me! I think of "adept" as the "normal" level of difficulty that is most commonly played, especially as it is the "default" level of difficulty. So basically, despite all of the complaints about this puzzle, you refuse to change the timespan on adept. I guess your solution is that players having difficulty with this on adept should just dumb down to a lower level of difficulty. That strikes me as a bit arrogant, even more so since this is on the main quest and can't be avoided.
Nicolas Samuel
Writer
Writer
Schöpfer
Schöpfer
Danksagung erhalten: 682 Mal

No, it's not about arrogance - it's simply that most of us devs play the game on adept. It's "our difficulty", so to speak. There are no downsides of turning down the difficulty for the puzzle and raising it back up again after that. If we were arrogant, we wouldn't have bothered with the fix to begin with. :)
Synthoras
Hauptmann
Hauptmann
Danksagung erhalten: 6 Mal

badgesareus hat geschrieben:
"The Void" (MQ02): The starling lock puzzle now gives the player different amounts of time depending on the difficulty setting of the game. (At adept, it’s the same timespan as we previously had.)
This shocks me! I think of "adept" as the "normal" level of difficulty that is most commonly played, especially as it is the "default" level of difficulty. So basically, despite all of the complaints about this puzzle, you refuse to change the timespan on adept. I guess your solution is that players having difficulty with this on adept should just dumb down to a lower level of difficulty. That strikes me as a bit arrogant, even more so since this is on the main quest and can't be avoided.
Sorry but I never had problems with the puzzle what is so hard about it?
badgesareus
Schicksalsknechter
Schicksalsknechter

If you haven't had a problem with it, then of course you probably wouldn't be searching the forum for solutions. The specific topic has had 1249 views (as of now) so obviously there are many people who find this to be an issue. See http://forum.sureai.net//viewtopic.php? ... 209&t=9943
it's simply that most of us devs play the game on adept. It's "our difficulty", so to speak. There are no downsides of turning down the difficulty for the puzzle and raising it back up again after that.
I suspect that the devs likely have more superior skills in playing Enderal than the average player. This particular puzzle is more about eye/hand coordination which is perhaps not as highly developed in some ordinary players as it is in game developers. I find your solution to just reduce the level of difficulty for this puzzle and then raise it back again is troubling because it then becomes a temptation to do so over and over whenever there is the slightest problem. In addition, discussion of the topic has included various suggestions to use solutions such as setstage and tcl. It is one thing to use such methods as a temporary solution for a bug that needs to be fixed, but in this instance it is not about a bug, but rather the intentional design of the devs. We often see discussions of "balance" and I think this is an issue of not properly balancing the difficulty of this particular puzzle with the general level of difficulty for average players playing at the adept level, not of devs playing at the adept level.
Zuletzt geändert von badgesareus am 15.12.2016 19:33, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Daniel
Erzmagistrat
Erzmagistrat
Danksagung erhalten: 22 Mal

Thanks for the patch! I know what I'm going to be playing during my winter holidays. 8)
OnlyMarvellous
Bettler
Bettler

Thanks for the patch, guys! There was a small problem, however. The perk "Unhindered" was working for me until I installed this update. I tried wearing many different armors and it was not working. I tried removing the perk and then giving it to myself again and this did not work, either. I disabled every mod and loaded my save and it was still not working, so it was not a mod-related issue.

I ended up changing the function in the perk conditions from "WornHasKeyword" to "HasKeyword" and now the perk is working as intended.

EDIT: Just to clarify; The perk "Unhindered" was working fine until I installed this update. After installing the update, the perk was no longer having any effect. I fixed it in TES5Edit by changing the function.
Jaknet
Hauptmann
Hauptmann
Danksagung erhalten: 10 Mal

If you haven't had a problem with it, then of course you probably wouldn't be searching the forum for solutions. The specific topic has had 1249 views (as of now) so obviously there are many people who find this to be an issue. See http://forum.sureai.net//viewtopic.php? ... 209&t=9943
I had noticed a few threads about this puzzle before I reached it and it only took me 4 attempts to complete it.
I suspect that the devs likely have more superior skills in playing Enderal than the average player. This particular puzzle is more about eye/hand coordination which is perhaps not as highly developed in some ordinary players as it is in game developers.
I'm not a skilled player in the slightest, so I don't think this is the case, I wonder how many of the complaints about how hard it is are from players that expect everything to be easy with no rush and able to complete it on the very first attempt.

Regards the slider...the whole point of the slider is specifically so that player CAN change the difficulty as they wish and on the fly, which is the very reason it was added to the games. It's a single player game so why should it bother you that some other person you will never know will actually use this slider as they wish.
badgesareus
Schicksalsknechter
Schicksalsknechter

why should it bother you that some other person you will never know will actually use this slider as they wish.
It doesn't bother me. I don't care if other players play on super easy or use a setstage command to complete every MQ and finish the game in 20 minutes. The issue is one of game design (or actually, mod design to be accurate), balancing, and expectations. When playing at a certain level of difficulty, there are certain expectations. I think at the "normal" level (i.e., adept) most players expect that there will be some challenges that might take several tries to complete. I also think their expectations are that such challenges would likely be in combat against "bosses" and more likely come when they are advanced into the game. But this particular challenge comes very early in the main quest. Obviously, many players had great difficulty with this. Who knows how many might have become so frustrated that they just gave up, especially since this is just a free mod, and they had nothing at stake.

My issue is with the attitude of the devs. Basically, they argue that the devs play on "adept" and had no problem with this puzzle. Well, I would expect that the people who spent 5 years developing the game and who designed this particular puzzle should be able to play it smoothly, but the fallacy is their argument that, since they had no problem completing this obstacle on the "adept" level, that the difficulty is appropriate for everyone else playing on that level of difficulty. The number of views of this topic (and I would presume there is also such a topic on the German forum) suggest strongly that many players found this to be too challenging for the adept level.

This patch acknowledges the problem, but only resolves it for levels of difficulty below "adept." Instead of increasing the time for the "adept" level as well, the devs take the attitude that, despite the large numbers of people who found this to be frustrating, they think the degree of difficulty for this puzzle is still appropriate for the adept level, merely because they have had no problem with it. Since this puzzle is encountered early in the main quest, I feel this disregard of the devs is even more upsetting. The solution should be to recognize that they got it wrong in this one instance and to correct that; telling players to just lower the level of difficulty is not an appropriate response to what I would consider to be a flaw in the design of this obstacle.

[I might note that SureAI seems to feel these timed challenges are vitally necessary in the MQ of their mods, as they also had such in Nehrim (removing the powder kegs from the burning house, flipping the 3 switches in the Erothin palace, etc.)
Mattanja
Hauptmann
Hauptmann
Danksagung erhalten: 103 Mal

I don't really understand your problem with the issue. They implemented a solution so you can easily solve the puzzle without cheating. And I think many players (including me) might consider it too easy if they had just reduced the time for everyone (or for adept), so I'd say it's a fair compromise. If someone considers it a temptation to lower the difficulty again when having struggles at another point in the game, well that's their problem.
And calling the devs arrogant because they didn't fix the issue in the way you like (which is obviously the only reasoned way to do it) is quite impertinent.
I might note that SureAI seems to feel these timed challenges are vitally necessary in the MQ of their mods, as they also had such in Nehrim (removing the powder kegs from the burning house, flipping the 3 switches in the Erothin palace, etc.)

Well I understand that some people do not really like those challenges, but I think they are a welcome gameplay variation from "Talk to X" or "Find artifact Y" and "Defeat Z", in a game based on the Creation Engine :)
14 Beiträge Seite 1 von 2