Enderal Patch 1.1.6.0 released!

Moderator: Moderatoren

14 Beiträge Seite 2 von 2
badgesareus
Schicksalsknechter
Schicksalsknechter
Danksagung erhalten: 133 Mal

they didn't fix the issue in the way you like
The point is not that they didn't fix it the way I would like, the point is that, for those playing on the adept level, they did not fix it at all. Telling people who are playing on the adept level that, if they have a problem with this puzzle,to play at a lower level is essentially saying that they do not believe that there is a problem (at the adept level) that needs to be fixed, and their justification for this attitude is that the devs, who created this puzzle and presumably have played it many times knowing what the correct strategy is, didn't have a problem with it. That flies in the face of what appears to be thousands who do have such a problem, which indicates to me that the degree of difficulty of this puzzle at the adept level is not properly balanced with the rest of the game at the adept level. (I am assuming that most of those who read the referenced topic are doing so because of having a problem with it, and most of those are playing at the normal (adept) level.)

Or to look at it another way, the devs are saying, if large numbers of players are finding this early-in-the-main-quest puzzle to be quite difficult and frustrating (on the adept level), Good! That's what we were trying to accomplish! If that is true, then I would ask WHY? If that is not true, I would ask, Then why not rebalance it?
MyLongestJourney
Schwertmeister
Schwertmeister
Danksagung erhalten: 7 Mal

I regret to inform you that the invisible bridge and surrounding landscape that were fixed in the previous patches are invisible again.
Jaknet
Hauptmann
Hauptmann
Danksagung erhalten: 10 Mal

badgesareus hat geschrieben:
they didn't fix the issue in the way you like
The point is not that they didn't fix it the way I would like, the point is that, for those playing on the adept level, they did not fix it at all. Telling people who are playing on the adept level that, if they have a problem with this puzzle,to play at a lower level is essentially saying that they do not believe that there is a problem (at the adept level) that needs to be fixed,

To be honest I agree with them.... IT ISN'T a problem at adept level

badgesareus hat geschrieben:
and their justification for this attitude is that the devs, who created this puzzle and presumably have played it many times knowing what the correct strategy is, didn't have a problem with it. That flies in the face of what appears to be thousands who do have such a problem, which indicates to me that the degree of difficulty of this puzzle at the adept level is not properly balanced with the rest of the game at the adept level. (I am assuming that most of those who read the referenced topic are doing so because of having a problem with it, and most of those are playing at the normal (adept) level.)
Not only did I (who's no expert on this) manage this in 4-6 attempts, but I've seen other players manage this task on the 4th or 5th time and they aren't fantastic players that have played this puzzle for many years

To be totally honest I really don't see (and cannot understand) what your problem with this is and why the need to keep accusing the Devs of being out of order and claiming that only people that are super players, or have spent years playing this are able to complete this timed challenge within the time set...as that is complete BS.

Not only that if you feel so strongly about this then surely start a dedicated thread about it not argue in the middle of a thread about a new patch.

Edit... Many thanks to all the team for the continued work on this amazing mod.
acanais63
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

15.12.2016 09:11Nicolas Samuel hat geschrieben:
No, it's not about arrogance - it's simply that most of us devs play the game on adept. It's "our difficulty", so to speak. There are no downsides of turning down the difficulty for the puzzle and raising it back up again after that assurances obsèques. If we were arrogant, we wouldn't have bothered with the fix to begin with. :)
Totally agree. I think there is no arrogance in all of this, but there is just that we have to answer in a courteous way sometimes.
14 Beiträge Seite 2 von 2