109 Beiträge Seite 5 von 11
Guar Kamole
Schurke
Schurke
Danksagung erhalten: 2 Mal

reznovic hat geschrieben:
Hazzmat hat geschrieben:
It won't.
Why not? I think many people want to have the German version with English subtitles (I'm okay with 100% version).
Maybe it's an idea the devs can work on?
I don't know where he got that idea. He seems to believe that SureAi decided to make the dubbed version instead of the subbed version. What I've read everywhere is SureAi members saying the subbed version won't be released before the dubbed version because that would require work to be done twice and would delay everything. I haven't read a single statement that the subbed version was dropped (edit: apart from Hazzmat's quite annoying posts - no offence but either tell us where you read that or stop it).
marxau
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

Didn't Caleb pretty categorically state there'd be no third version of Enderal in the "Re: English Version delayed!!" thread? Page 4, post 35 (I'd post a link but this is my first post)

Based on the development issues Caleb mentions I'm very comfortable with their priorities for their limited time, and I'm very much looking forward to playing the dubbed version when it releases!
Guar Kamole
Schurke
Schurke
Danksagung erhalten: 2 Mal

marxau hat geschrieben:
Didn't Caleb pretty categorically state there'd be no third version of Enderal in the "Re: English Version delayed!!" thread? Page 4, post 35 (I'd post a link but this is my first post)
Thanks for pointing me to the post again. You're probably right. I thought the post was about the time of the release and that they wanted to include the German voice-acting in the English version [Edit:]as opposed to English subtitles in a new version based on the German version.
If they actually dropped the subbed version, they really should make an official statement about it somewhere people would actually find it because there are far too many posts indicating that there will be a subbed version.
Imo, that's exactly like not working on any English version at all and not telling anyone that they changed their plans. Who even reads these forums that thoroughly? - I did and I still got a different message out of the post because it didn't make any sense to me that they would make such an important statement in the middle of the fourth page of some thread. I'm going to check what they have said on Twitter up to this point.

Edit: No statement on Twitter. What's funny is that on Youtube someone wrote exactly what I also initially thought:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hrmSD6DZt4
btkandy1 month ago
"didn't they change their plan? In the SureAI forum someone wrote that they cancelled the german audio and english subtitle version. So there will only be two versions complete english and complete german."
1 OverDev
OverDev1 month ago
"+btkandy
yes a standalone version for german audio and english subs is not coming.
but you can have german voices and english subtitles in the english release ;)"

-We REALLY need an official statement.
Metanoeite
Schwarzer Wächter
Schwarzer Wächter
Danksagung erhalten: 629 Mal

In 2012 Nicolas said that we might release an English-text only version of Enderal, but it wasn't sure at this point because we didn't know the conditions of our team capacity at the point of release and the data infrastructure we would use to support our project. So, we couldn't make an announcement at this time and because of this, we only said "might". Since then, we didn't announce a subbed version.

Now we know that we can't handle three technical versions of the game efficiently. It would require a separate launcher and update system and our team is simply to small to handle it. Furthermore, dialogues of the translated English version are not identical (we polished some dialogues in the EV), so unfortunately the English subs and German voices are not the same thing contentwise .

Sorry guys, didn't make an official statement because we didn't announce a version with German voices and English subs. Our statements about this were only a kind of speculation. :| There never a plan to do it definitely.

I see that people in social media spreaded rumors about the subbed version and that it will be released definitively, but we're talking about unverified stories here. :| OverDev and others are no team members and we said that the subbed version is only an option which we could release if the conditions are right.
JoeCapricorn
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

People who are still asking about an English subbed version ironically are the ones who are unable to read.

Or at least they are too lazy to read through a thread and see that this topic has been covered before.

That's not to say an English subbed version will never happen. Wouldn't it be possible to make a fan mod that changes German subtitles to English? It would have to be a mod for the German version, and let me emphasize the word "fan". As in, if you want it so badly, make it yourself or wait a while, someone is bound to make it in the sake of Nehrim nostalgia.

Meanwhile I'll be playing the English dubbed version and I won't even have to stare at the bottom of the screen the entire time someone is speaking. :P
thecrew
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

Im pretty sure it will be possible to extract the englisch subs from the English version and put them in the German version (for those who want german audio and english text).

Because i did exactly this with skyrim back in the days. I installed the English one (because its uncensored (Blood/gore) and mixed it with the subs of the German version. Its possible.

So even if they dont do this in the complete English version its possible to do it by hand afterwards.
Yes, maybe they are some timing problems then. But not for every sentence. At least it will work. :idea:
badgesareus
Schicksalsknechter
Schicksalsknechter
Danksagung erhalten: 133 Mal

Will the English version be in British or American? :wink:

(Sorry, I just couldn't resist!)
Hazzmat
Magier
Magier
Danksagung erhalten: 15 Mal

Guar Kamole hat geschrieben:
reznovic hat geschrieben:
Hazzmat hat geschrieben:
It won't.
Why not? I think many people want to have the German version with English subtitles (I'm okay with 100% version).
Maybe it's an idea the devs can work on?
I don't know where he got that idea. He seems to believe that SureAi decided to make the dubbed version instead of the subbed version. What I've read everywhere is SureAi members saying the subbed version won't be released before the dubbed version because that would require work to be done twice and would delay everything. I haven't read a single statement that the subbed version was dropped (edit: apart from Hazzmat's quite annoying posts - no offence but either tell us where you read that or stop it).
Well Caleb basically confirmed it on moddb and here but I can't be bothered right now to find it.
Jaknet
Hauptmann
Hauptmann
Danksagung erhalten: 10 Mal

Hazzmat hat geschrieben:
Well Caleb basically confirmed it on moddb and here but I can't be bothered right now to find it.
Well an admin has confirmed not many hours ago that it's not happening and only a couple of posts above yours, so seriously, what's the point of dragging this out any further.
archmage94
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

Let's get back on track, 5 days till the projected deadline, don't suppose you have a definite release date for the english version?
109 Beiträge Seite 5 von 11