76 Beiträge Seite 4 von 8
Caleb8980
Enderal Team
Enderal Team
Weltenwandeler
Weltenwandeler
Danksagung erhalten: 138 Mal

Hazzmat hat geschrieben:
Here they chose for us and assumed nobody wants or would appreciate a german speaking Enderal and it's funny because they considered it a while back but then suddenly dropped it.
The amount of prejudice in that sentence alone is stunning.

I sure hope that you are writing this to every single AAA release ever - because they do not give you a German release with English subtitles, but instead only a suboptimal English voiced release.

And please, don't give me that crap about a simultanous release - it was clear from the beginning that we cannot release both versions at the same time; we have neither the server power, nor the manpower to do so.

But ok, let's talk about the german version with English subtitles; I will list up all of the problems this version has and you can decide if you really would want that release to go public with these (and I when I write public, I mean all people in the world, not just you or a selected few from this forum):

1. The server: Yes, we cannot support 3 different versions with our servers, actually we rented some servers just so that we could/can manage the english and the German release - and we are still very concerned about our patch sizes, hence most of the german bards could only be released some weeks after the german release - not because they weren't ready earlier, but because a 450MB Update coupled with a good amount of release pack downloads would have killed our servers!

2. The whole software infrastructure: A third version would take a third launcher and a third update process - this does not only hit the ceiling of our servers, but also of our manpower. If you pull out the testers/sounddesigners we currently are a great team of 8 people, tell me how you would make the infrastructure and keep it running with these numbers?

So then why don't we just use the German launcher and its update process? Well for one this would be really idiotic with the German interface, but ok let's say we would release just an english version of the German launcher and keep everything else the same.

Each Update would revert the entirety of Enderal back into german - you would need to manually patch every single Update to keep the English language. So once more, do you think all the people in the world (minus German speaking countries) would have the ability, patience and interest to update that? When the German speakers already have a huge amount of absolutely dumb problems arising from stupid things they did?

3. A problem arising from the EV version: I already said that before but around 40% of all subtitles in the EV are misplaced if you play with them in a german dub version. This would actually mean that I would have to manually move all of these to their right position, translate german sentences which are not there anymore in the EV and then check the english subs for things which were not said in the german version at all!
This would not be just a month of work, it would take around 2-3 months just to have a result one at least dares to play with.

4. You think that you are the total vocal majority (meaning there are more players in here that would play with a German version with English subs than those who only play an English dubbed version) - but no, you are the vocal majority here in this forum, the comments underneath the (German) launch trailer spoke of something entirely different.
We were asked why we released Enderal in German language (sometimes even called N**i language, and yes directly in the comments of that video) as they would not play such a version, even with English subs.

And wherever you look there is a good amount of people who actually would not play a German version with English subs and because of that also never played Nehrim. Tell me - why is that a good thing? Why should we release it only in German with English subs if that drastically lessens our reach?

I have told you this before in the Youtube comments underneath the Launch Trailer and I'll tell it to you once more here:

You are not the least bit concerned about us or about the English version as a whole, you act out of pure self-interest and try to hide it behind some nonsensical points. You only care about how fast YOU can play an English version and don't care about anyone else.

I am honestly fed up with the crap in here: I am awake until 2 or 3 A.M. each single day for the EV (Marvin even longer), my sleeping time amounts to a bit more than 5 hours and I have to work from 9 in the morning to 8 in the evening everyday (holidays and weekend included!). But I am nevertheless happy to be of help for SureAI, who are a bit like my personal heroes.
I am doing the EV not out of obligation nor because I receive any sort of advantage for myself. I am doing it because I can help these guys and I am doing it for you, the English speaking crowd - just as I also did that Q&A in here; I've done it for you, because I personally think that you are just as important as the German speaking people.

Hence it pains me to no end to read all of these accusations about how the EV is not important for us at all - yes, not everything worked out as planned, but when it does? Honestly I catch myself asking myself about why I am even doing this more and more - no I won't stop, as that is the worst option and because I care far too much about the EV for that.
But I surely won't stand by idly if anybody spreads false rumours about the EV - I will erase troll posts, I will warn posters of such texts and I will also ban them if necessary.
Guar Kamole
Schurke
Schurke
Danksagung erhalten: 2 Mal

Eolath hat geschrieben:
Alzucard hat geschrieben:
if it comes to war i bet Russia wins ;)
I doubt it, Russia doesn't even have the capacity nor the economy to win a war VS the EU, let alone the US. They're bogged down as it is in Syria and losing material every single day.
But if war should break out we're going over to Lizz's place, hole up, play the shit out of Enderal and wait for all this to blow over.
Eolath
Paladin
Paladin
Danksagung erhalten: 5 Mal

Guar Kamole hat geschrieben:
Eolath hat geschrieben:
Alzucard hat geschrieben:
if it comes to war i bet Russia wins ;)
I doubt it, Russia doesn't even have the capacity nor the economy to win a war VS the EU, let alone the US. They're bogged down as it is in Syria and losing material every single day.
But if war should break out we're going over to Lizz's place, hole up, play the shit out of Enderal and wait for all this to blow over.
I f*ckin love that movie :D

Xagul
Schattengott
Schattengott
Danksagung erhalten: 67 Mal

Eolath hat geschrieben:
I f*ckin love that movie :D
Me too! Therefore, from time to time it's good to have this:
to get through a tough day at the office :mrgreen:
Eolath
Paladin
Paladin
Danksagung erhalten: 5 Mal

Xagul hat geschrieben:
Me too! Therefore, from time to time it's good to have this:
to get through a tough day at the office :mrgreen:
Sounds like Caleb needs it more than me, honestly. I cannot imagine working 70 hrs/week every single week, 50 hrs already tires me out and I work that much far from every week :oops:
Caleb8980 hat geschrieben:
I am honestly fed up with the crap in here: I am awake until 2 or 3 A.M. each single day for the EV (Marvin even longer), my sleeping time amounts to a bit more than 5 hours and I have to work from 9 in the morning to 8 in the evening everyday (holidays and weekend included!). But I am nevertheless happy to be of help for SureAI, who are a bit like my personal heroes.
I am doing the EV not out of obligation nor because I receive any sort of advantage for myself. I am doing it because I can help these guys and I am doing it for you, the English speaking crowd - just as I also did that Q&A in here; I've done it for you, because I personally think that you are just as important as the German speaking people.
What work do you do, if I may ask? Investment banker or something? Or God forbid game development, I hear people clock a shitload of hours into that profession, although most of the time not over the weekends.
sphanlon
Krieger
Krieger
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

Thanks Caleb and everybody for all you do for us. I can't wait to play. We really appreciate you.

I didn't know German with English subs would have to be it's own special version and people couldn't easily mod it together. Or that we are getting full EV INSTEAD of that. I feel sorry for the people that wanted it, but I'm excited to get what I've been looking forward to.
badgesareus
Schicksalsknechter
Schicksalsknechter
Danksagung erhalten: 133 Mal

When the German speakers already have a huge amount of absolutely dumb problems arising from stupid things they did?
I couldn't stop laughing, it will be true of the English speakers also, I'm sure! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
democrite
Schurke
Schurke
Danksagung erhalten: 2 Mal

Hi Caleb,

You should'nt waste your time answering some "weirdo", we all know thr great work/achievement you are providing us and will never be enough thanks fully.
You will always find some weirdos who like to waste their time and yours it's like it is ...

Bon courage et merci encore :)
irmi
Hauptmann
Hauptmann
Danksagung erhalten: 14 Mal

Caleb8980 hat geschrieben:
[...]
I am doing the EV not out of obligation nor because I receive any sort of advantage for myself. I am doing it because I can help these guys and I am doing it for you, the English speaking crowd - just as I also did that Q&A in here; I've done it for you, because I personally think that you are just as important as the German speaking people. [...]
Thanks, Caleb, for your great posting!

It always baffles me how ignorant some people are when it comes to free things. I'm grown up, I work a lot, and as cliché as it may sound to the <20yo: Spare time is a valuable good, maybe the most valuable of all. SureAI spend their free time on Enderal. Thing is, they all as well could go swimming or to a Biergarten or play a game instead of putting up with those BS comments that are really nothing but bitchin' and whinin', and cause only frustration and anger that really nobody needs.

I personally am more than grateful that they've created this wonderful game, and that they're working on fixing issues and the EV in every free minute. If you think they're not fast enough for your taste, and that's the only thing you have to say instead of some well-deserved encouragement or constructive (!) criticism, please don't even bother. Nobody needs your uncalled-for negativity.

Do you think Enderal is nothing worth because it's free? Just go and multiply the sum of working hours of so many people by approx. 25-30€, as that's what I'd assume a skilled employee earns in the Munich area before taxes/health insurance etc. are substracted (I assume an industry salary), and more with a degree like a master or doctorate. ;)

edit: Clarifications regarding my calculation. Thanks to Xagul for pointing that out!
Zuletzt geändert von irmi am 02.08.2016 22:03, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Kachiun
Bettler
Bettler

Caleb - you are the man :). Ignore the trolls and take your time with the work your doing. And thank you for the time and energy you put into this awesome project.
76 Beiträge Seite 4 von 8