Moderator: Moderatoren

33 Beiträge Seite 2 von 4
J'Sylvan
Krieger
Krieger
Danksagung erhalten: 10 Mal

Holomay hat geschrieben:
Great job, J'Sylvan! :)

Do you think it would be possible to create links that will take you directly from the wiki article of a place to its location on the map? - And vice versa, to create a link to the wiki page in the tooltip of a location?
Thanks, Holomay. As far as being able to build a wiki > map link, the scope of something like that is over my head. The way the map works involves a combination of php code, java script and mysql database queries where quite a bit of info would need to be passed through a link to the map pages.

It would probably be much easier to build a map > wiki link though. I'll test that and see how I can get that to work.
J'Sylvan
Krieger
Krieger

walpurgisnacht hat geschrieben:
What's the format for entry into your map, and whats the format for the coordinates from the list you were sent? Is the list format hexadecimal?
My map is really pretty straightforward. My pages use a couple of java scripts to capture map coordinates and then plot them on the interactive map.

Both pages use the same single 4096 x 4096 2D map image of Enderal. The map point plotter page captures X,Y pixel coordinates when the mouse is clicked on the map at a specific location. The map origin (0,0) is at the top left-hand corner of the map. Thus, the center point of the map would be the pixel at (2048,2048) and the bottom right-hand corner would be the pixel at (4096,4096). To store a point on the map, I just add the X,Y coordinates from the plotter page to the database.

The actual map page just queries the database for all those points and plots them based on the same X,Y pixel coordinates and then uses javascript to keep the points in their relative positions as the map is scrolled around and zoomed in and out on the interactive page.

The spreadsheet of coordinates that I got all have an X,Y and Z value. The coordinates are all numerical positive and negative values for X and Y and almost all positive numerical values for Z. So I assume the Z values are altitudes since the in-game map is 3D. Sorting the X and Y values seems to indicate that they are some measure of distance from a center point of (0,0). But since I don't know how large the map is, I don't have a frame of reference to translate those coordinates over to my 4096 x 4096 coordinates.

For example, the coordinates on the list for the Myrad Tower at Ark's Westwall are X: -15601.251953, Y: -11077.480469, Z: 1122.692871.
Blackstar347
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

I made a quick google doc with some of the locations that I visited the last couple of hours. Does this work J'Sylvan?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
J'Sylvan
Krieger
Krieger

Blackstar347 hat geschrieben:
I made a quick google doc with some of the locations that I visited the last couple of hours. Does this work J'Sylvan?
That works fine. If you are planning on making this a spreadsheet that you will continue to add to ... I would like to ask for just a couple of changes.

(1) Separate the X,Y coordinates out into two different columns for X and Y with just the numeric values for each. That way I can import both sets of values into the database without having to separate them first.

(2) Maybe add a first column with just a running count of all items (1, 2, 3, etc.). That way if you keep adding to the list, I can keep track more easily of which points have already been added.

Other than that, this is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks.
Blackstar347
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

Ok I updated. Also added in a bunch of places for the Farmer's coast. Let me know if I should do anything differently!
J'Sylvan
Krieger
Krieger

Thanks Blackstar347 ... that's the perfect format. I've been working with the SureAI guys to try and line out where exactly all the different regions should be on the map and where their actual boundaries are. I'm making progress on that but I will also have time now to start adding some of these points you've listed.

One thing I wonder about as you're exploring, does anything come out and overtly tell you what the level range is either for the area you're in or the monsters and enemies? I have a field for that in the database to display on the map tooltips, but I've not done enough exploring myself to actually see if that's easy to tell while in the game.
J'Sylvan
Krieger
Krieger

J'Sylvan hat geschrieben:
Thanks Blackstar347 ... that's the perfect format. I've been working with the SureAI guys to try and line out where exactly all the different regions should be on the map and where their actual boundaries are. I'm making progress on that but I will also have time now to start adding some of these points you've listed.
And in case anyone is wondering, the SureAI guys I've been working with have been really great. Very helpful, responsive and nice to talk to.
Blackstar347
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

J'Sylvan hat geschrieben:

One thing I wonder about as you're exploring, does anything come out and overtly tell you what the level range is either for the area you're in or the monsters and enemies? I have a field for that in the database to display on the map tooltips, but I've not done enough exploring myself to actually see if that's easy to tell while in the game.
There hasn't been any indication that I've been able to see. In Nehrim each region had a recommended level range next to the name of each region but I haven't been able to see anything like that in Enderal.
J'Sylvan
Krieger
Krieger

Quick update on the map project ...

I've spent much of the past week or two working the SureAI team to iron out accurate locations and boundaries of the main regions of Enderal. (There are 13 of them.) So the research, trial-and-error and feedback part of that is now finished.

My next step is to decide on the best way to display the various regions on the map while still having an easily readable map. I have a couple of ideas about this and should have something in place quickly.

As far as adding map markers, I've started adding markers already. Myrad Towers, most major towns/cities and sections of Ark are already up. Blackstar347 has been collecting coordinates and information on some points of interest for the map as well. Once I have the regions in place on the map, next focus will be on adding more map markers and information for POIs.

Enderal Map Regions (for the curious):
  • Ark
  • The Heartlands
  • Western Cliff
  • The Sun Coast
  • Whisperwood
  • Dark Valley
  • Frostcliff Mountains
  • Crystal Forest
  • The Farmer's Coast
  • Goldenforst
  • Thalgard
  • Powder Desert
  • King's Mountain Pass
J'Sylvan
Krieger
Krieger

Added all the regions and regional boundaries to the map. Making progress.
33 Beiträge Seite 2 von 4