Enderal Interactive Map Project

Moderator: Moderatoren

33 Beiträge Seite 1 von 4
J'Sylvan
Krieger
Krieger
Danksagung erhalten: 10 Mal

Hey guys.

Just wanted to let everyone know about a project I'm working on ... an interactive online map of Enderal.

Quick note about me ... I go by J'Sylvan here at SureAI's forums and wildcatknh at the Enderal Reddit (https://www.reddit.com/r/enderal/). I'm one of the contributors to the English Enderal wiki pages here and want to help provide as much information and as many resources as possible to the Enderal community. I am by no means a professional web developer, but I think I can contribute something that some of you may find helpful and interesting.

I have had some conversations with the SureAI team about helping get more information out to the community and was given a large high-resolution clean map of Enderal by one of the devs. I am currently working on building an interactive site around this map to be able to catalog discovered points of interest in Enderal for anyone who might want to use it. I may also build some other features into this site, but initially will be focusing on getting the map up and going.

I tend to take my time and explore every nook and cranny of sandbox games like Enderal and I'll be adding locations and things I discover to the map as I come across them. But I know many of you will be far ahead of me in the game and may be looking for more on the map than I have had time to find. This being the case, I have made it pretty simple (I think) to be able to submit places and points of interest that you find in Enderal to me to be added to the map. (The map is linked to an Enderal database that only I can access to add new map markers.) To this end, the site has a map point plotter page with the full map of Enderal and a method to capture coordinates on the map. So if anyone is interested in helping me populate the map, you can just find the coordinates of your discoveries and get them to me along with some basic descriptive information of what is there.

Here's a link to the site ... remember it's a work in progress.

http://www.knhaze.com/enderal/

If you go there now, you'll see some out-of-place map markers from Elder Scrolls Online. (I was part of the ESO beta and built a similar map for Tamriel.) I'm currently in the process of extracting the map marker images from Enderal to use on the map, but I should have all the basic functionality cleaned up very soon and will be ready to start adding Enderal info. The map point plotter page is already up and functional.

I welcome any help, comments, suggestions or constructive criticism.

Thanks for your time.

J'Sylvan
Jemolk
Gauner
Gauner
Danksagung erhalten: 2 Mal

Wow! Great job, J'Sylvan - Looks really awesome. It would be amazing if that could be added onto the main Enderal page on the wiki, for even greater accessibility by the community.
J'Sylvan
Krieger
Krieger

@Jemolk - Thanks for the note. I don't think there's any way to put the map itself on the wiki here, but I was thinking of putting a link to it somewhere on the wiki if people thought that was a good idea.
litewolf
Grünschnabel
Grünschnabel

.... if people thought that was a good idea.
Yes, it seems to me a very good idea ! :)
Blackstar347
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

Just curious do you need help on this? I typically don't help on wikis and info like this but this mod sorely needs some aid to people who are looking for specific places. It would be really cool if all the locations could be mapped out and any unique loot at every given location was detailed.
J'Sylvan
Krieger
Krieger

I will put a link up on the wiki to the map even though right now it's just an empty map.

@Blackstar347 ... I welcome any help that anyone wants to give so thanks for the offer.

Here's a quick update of where the project is ...
The site is up and functional now. Which means that it is ready to begin cataloging points of interest and related information. Every map marker that is added has a tooltip that will pop up when the marker is clicked. These tooltips will contain (1) name, (2) type of marker, (3) region of Enderal, (4) area level if applicable and (5) a Notes section that can contain any info about the site that we want to show ... guidelines, loot info, etc.

To collect information to be added:
  • Go to the Map Point Plotter page on the site. Scroll around the map until you find the location you're looking for.
  • Left-click one the map once. The page will capture the coordinates from where you clicked. (Found at the top left of the plotter page.)
  • Write up some brief notes about the marker and submit them to me along with the coordinates. (Name, region and any additional information you want to add)
Unfortunately, I have actually spent very little time in the game so far between real life and getting this map site set up and ready to go. I have been in discussions with the SureAI team in order to get their thoughts and feedback on the map and help with lining out some things like accurate regional boundaries and proper name translations from German.

I also had a user on the Enderal Reddit site provide me with a list of (presumably) all the actual map markers from the game along with their in-game coordinates. There are over 225 points in the list. If I can figure out how to translate the coordinates from the list to the coordinates of my map, I could just dump them all in. But in the short time I've had to look at them, I haven't been able to 'crack the code' yet. If anyone out there knows how coordinates are determined on the in-game map, please let me know and I'll see if I can translate that over to my map.
Holomay
Enderal Team
Enderal Team
Sterndeuter
Sterndeuter
Danksagung erhalten: 44 Mal

Great job, J'Sylvan! :)

Do you think it would be possible to create links that will take you directly from the wiki article of a place to its location on the map? - And vice versa, to create a link to the wiki page in the tooltip of a location?
walpurgisnacht
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

What's the format for entry into your map, and whats the format for the coordinates from the list you were sent? Is the list format hexadecimal?
Blackstar347
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

I'm assuming the coordinates he was sent are the ones used in game. If you are curious all of the coordinates for each item in the game are located here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 2134791839

The problem with that spreadsheet for me is there are a lot of items that I have no idea where the dungeon they are located in are on the world map (the listings only show the coordinate of them within the dungeon) which is why I'd love to see this project completed or at least help out people in the future.
walpurgisnacht
Lumpensammler
Lumpensammler

Ive seen that spreadsheet and its really not very useful heh.

Here is a map of all the map points explored for the area that is around levels 1 thru 10 (Rivervale). Some of the explored areas on the fringes are a bit higher level, notably the westernmost place that has a castle sort of icon.

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.c ... 930903618/
33 Beiträge Seite 1 von 4